Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

1. The citizens and adventurers depart the tavern and make their ways into the night. Many have tasks on their mind, and go their separate ways.

===============================

2. A sneaky man works his way through town from house to house, ducking in, ducking out, and examining his prizes.

3. A delicate elf in flowing robes sits in her home, hands waving and magical energies flowing.

4. A huge figure flies across the top of the town, blocking out the moon and darkening the night. With a roar, it blasts a house, which burns and crumbles to pieces. A woman runs into the street and to the wreckage, bursting into tears, screaming, "My daughter!" As the woman breaks down into a heap of tears and sobs, the town leaves their homes and gathers around, joining in mourning this tragedy.

5. A few are noticeably absent from the tragic scene elsewhere in town. In a home, a man lies peacefully in his bed, a magical slumber providing pleasant dreams. It makes it much easier for the hooded man to simply walk in, and blast him with a burst of dark energy, bringing the man's life to an end.

1. Flavour text. Tell me what's your flavour text.

2. Thief of some sort.

3. Who/whatever the elf is, probably not a talked about reviver at least. Maybe a spell of protection or something.

4. I theorized before that the monsterous creature might just be wanting to survive but look at the below

In a mountain cave, a mind wanders.

"Death and destruction are coming...I will have my revenge on those 'adventurers' and that whole vile town."

============================

Deep in the forest, a monstrous creature snarls as it fades to sleep. Soon everything it wanted would be his.

The likely dragon doing the kill is far too verbose to be the second one of the above threats. The monsterous one did that kill. We know the mafia didn't make this kill(see 5.)

5. See the below.

In a dark back room of the tavern, a small group meets. Their conversation is in hushed tones, and there is no drink in front of them. Suddenly light shines into the dimly lit room as a door to the main hall opens. A man pokes his head in.

"Excuse me, is someone in here?

A dark blast eminates from the table, from who it isn't clear. It strikes the unfortunate man in the chest, and he falls to the ground. A trap door is opened beneath the table and the room rapidly empties.

The dark blast marks this as a mafia kill. So the monsterous creature killed Leion and the mafia killed lukess. I have a feeling that the elf may have tried to protect lukess but with some people harder to kill than others the mafia probably had a killer that could cut through protection. Unless the slumber was the elf's way of blocking lukess.

I'm interested that the guy in the mountain cave, seems to have done nothing. Which is probably a good thing really.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's two good players gone, and it looks as though lukess may have been our investigator. I'm a bit worried that the mother of the child may go into a frenzy now as well. We could do without any more threats.

I agree probably found our investigator.

And on the highlighted... if she's not a threat you just made them leery of revealing themselves.

TSS is active a lot one way or the other, and if it isn't here then maybe it's in a scum discord again.

Do be fair to TSS, he did say in the sign up thread that he´s going to be less active than usual. That said, I wouldn´t rule it out that he´s scum (again) either.

As for night 1, two kills, looks like beast and mafia to me so the "wandering mind in mountain cave" likely didn´t do kills at least not this night (or at least there wasn´t any missed attemps in write-up).

Other than the kills, looks like we have a thief (wonder if it works similar than mine did in last Raylek´s game?) and some kind of spellweaver which I´d assume is some kind of information gatherer (though I could see Rabbitman being right on protector too).

Probably not too important with Leion dead but innocent child is an interesting role for high power game, wonder if that was minigame character or back-up (or something else)?

4. A huge figure flies across the top of the town, blocking out the moon and darkening the night. With a roar, it blasts a house, which burns and crumbles to pieces. A woman runs into the street and to the wreckage, bursting into tears, screaming, "My daughter!" As the woman breaks down into a heap of tears and sobs, the town leaves their homes and gathers around, joining in mourning this tragedy.

To me this screams dragon.

The likely dragon doing the kill is far too verbose to be the second one of the above threats. The monsterous one did that kill. We know the mafia didn't make this kill(see 5.)

Eh its getting late and I've had a long day. It should essentially read.

The likely dragon doing the kill, is not verbose enough to be the first one of the above threats. The monsterous one did that kill. We know the mafia didn't make this kill(see 5.)

Do be fair to TSS, he did say in the sign up thread that he´s going to be less active than usual. That said, I wouldn´t rule it out that he´s scum (again) either.

As for night 1, two kills, looks like beast and mafia to me so the "wandering mind in mountain cave" likely didn´t do kills at least not this night (or at least there wasn´t any missed attemps in write-up).

Other than the kills, looks like we have a thief (wonder if it works similar than mine did in last Raylek´s game?) and some kind of spellweaver which I´d assume is some kind of information gatherer (though I could see Rabbitman being right on protector too).

Probably not too important with Leion dead but innocent child is an interesting role for high power game, wonder if that was minigame character or back-up (or something else)?

Is the child keeping the mother sane I wonder. Maybe she's not changed alignments but her change in mood, post daughter's death, makes her ability significantly less effective

Is the child keeping the mother sane I wonder. Maybe she's not changed alignments but her change in mood, post daughter's death, makes her ability significantly less effective

Could be. My own first thought was somekind of minigame with the "sacrifice an innocent child to gain dark powers" kind of stuff.

And the second idea was completely opposide with the usual "innocent child raises to occasion and saves the whole world with his/her magical powers."

Then again, nothing says that it would need to have been that dramatic, guess I´m just bit of a drama queen. :p

I've never heard of an Innocent Child before but a quick search seems to indicate it being a role that can pm the mod to have themselves revealed in the game.

Presumably to save them from a lynch you'd think.

I've never heard of that either. As for DeadCeleb saying we lost a vig or jailer my first thought was investigator with Sheriff. Either way it's a loss for the town. I'd be interested in hearing more from DJ, BHK and of course TSS.

I'm not a D&D guy but when I see an 'innocent' I assume a role with a power or at least a latent power that could be activated at some point of by something.I

Before we lament the two losses, resurrection could be around the corner.

In a lot of situations be it movies or games an "innocent" can be an important plot point. Though the character, role or even actress may not be important it can have a dramatic effect on other characters and potentially the overall flow.

I have a few theories based on that knowledge.

Mom - She could now be anything. Psychotic break, thirst for revenge, etc. There are a lot of positives and negatives the loss of the child has had on her psyche. I'm leaning towards vigilante. (Most vengeful mom movies)

Scum - They potentially lost a sacrificial lamb. May have solved the demon issue in the game title. (Lilith on Supernatural)

Paladin - If a paladin type of character is charged with protecting the innocent then we could have a de-powered paladin that has to atone for the loss by protecting another and then could regain their power.

Mason Group - Though less likely due to game size could be a small mason group that was charged with the child's protection. (ala the movie Willow)

Sk - Less likely in this context but could've potentially won their mini-game cause night one the dragon killed their main target. (Michael Myers is a good example of an sk with a main target that kills randoms along the way and even had a baby for one movie and a child in 2 others as said main target)

The question is, does the resurrector rate leion highly enough, as a player, to take a chance on the innocent child being a worthy enough role to bring back?

Lukess might be a better shout, if he's a cop. Pretty decent player to.

Going with my previous statement.

Unless it's a role compelled to "protect the innocent" instead of bringing back the logical choice for game purposes.

Hey, I'm here. Saw some suspicions my way for being quiet but yeah, Zergon pointed out that I'm not going to be as active as usual in this one.

For me "not as active as usual" sometimes means only 10 posts a day, lol. But this is a real less active than usual. Still, I'll be keeping alert and see what I notice.

Lukess and Leion both gone early surprises and doesn't surprise me at the same time. They're both very skilled and often end up getting taken out early because of it. I didn't catch any role slip/hints so I think it was more based on the poster, not the role. Feel like they both, Leion especially always die earlier than they should!

No reason for me to highlight why I'm getting townie vibes from people but getting a pretty okay townie feel from Destiny. Smaller one for Zerg. So, that's nice.

Hellshock, how many scum do you think there are in this one? And how many of them are mafia?

Innocent Child is a role I've run into a few times yet never fully grasped what it does, up to now. It seems to be a role that mysteriously gets offed very early at least in my experience.

I agree on the point of the dark blast being a mafia kill. The first kill portrays unabashed rampage would make sense for it to be indy. I had a good hunch that the three perceived threats wouldn't be outright killing N1, the other third party makes it likely to be another type of indy carrying a more specific goal or condition.

Hellshock, how many scum do you think there are in this one? And how many of them are mafia?

Based on game size 3 or 4 scum/mafia as was previously stated.

Going by game title at least 1 dragon and 1 demon.

Then if the monstrous creature isn't the dragon or demon we're looking at yet another non-townie.

6 or 7 out of 17 which is now down to 15.

Yeah, I'm not going to think about "Chimera" or all the other things it might be. I feel that's a dragon. The Mod Liked being a Dragon, so did he like his team mate as well, give him another shot at being one? TSS, you that dragon again?

I don't know what to make of the innocent child, I thought the same as someone else... town Princess.

Based on game size 3 or 4 scum/mafia as was previously stated.

Going by game title at least 1 dragon and 1 demon.

Then if the monstrous creature isn't the dragon or demon we're looking at yet another non-townie.

6 or 7 out of 17 which is now down to 15.

Normally I'd say that ratio feels a little scum heavy but with revivals at play, I tend to agree with it.

Yeah, I'm not going to think about "Chimera" or all the other things it might be. I feel that's a dragon. The Mod Liked being a Dragon, so did he like his team mate as well, give him another shot at being one? TSS, you that dragon again?

Nah, Ray is lame and randomizes roles instead of just picking favorites. Still got a fun one though.

Normally I'd say that ratio feels a little scum heavy but with revivals at play, I tend to agree with it.

Nah, Ray is lame and randomizes roles instead of just picking favorites. Still got a fun one though.

I have the same town reads you do, but not getting anything from anyone scummy yet. Maybe it's from lack of posts, and scum just isn't posting.