Ellin's Grove: Dragons & Demons [Game Thread]

Rayelek

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hellshock70" data-cite="hellshock70" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My point exactly. I showed my reasoning on killing bak and I own it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thog say this, you will not see sun rise tomorrow.</p>

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thog say this, you will not see sun rise tomorrow.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I'm quite sure you'll come after me just for the revenge kill and if not you the remaining dragon will just for exposing them. I never expected the dragons to let me live past tonight anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hellshock70" data-cite="hellshock70" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm quite sure you'll come after me just for the revenge kill and if not you the remaining dragon will just for exposing them. I never expected the dragons to let me live past tonight anyway.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ha ha ha ha! You funny man. What make you think you live to see sun set? You admit to killing the second most townie person in town. Besides, so far dragons only kill people who attack them.</p><p> </p><p> Thog say again, we lynch hellshock today. If town still threatened, I use unstoppable kill to kill one dragon and we lynch the other if need be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bak42" data-cite="bak42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ha ha ha ha! You funny man. What make you think you live to see sun set? You admit to killing the second most townie person in town. Besides, <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>so far dragons only kill people who attack them</strong></span>.<p> </p><p> Thog say again, we lynch hellshock today. If town still threatened, I use unstoppable kill to kill one dragon and we lynch the other if need be.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Right so n1 the innocent child attacked a dragon?</p>

Right so n1 the innocent child attacked a dragon?

Red dragon fire breather. Thog know red dragon identity. Thog say again, today we lynch you, tonight I rage kill red dragon, tomorrow we lynch green dragon if necessary. Thog point out that if you town, you still win even if you dead.

I can understand the question of t he innocent child as he was resurrected by a cult.

@Mich. As I feel you're one of the only people I can trust What do you think of the back and forth so far?

They're both doing great to lay out their respective cases, I'll give them that. But what if we're ALL town except for the two monsters who are coasting by right now?

-How likely is it to have a priest in this game?

-A monk who's a JOAT?

-Why would hellshock kill a confirmed townie with a night kill?

What if Rabbitman's cult and can manipulate a dead person's role? It'd make him uber powerful so probably not, right?

I feel like Rabbitman's been hinting at a revive with his asking Destiny and hellshock about who they'd revive given the chance. Hear me out, here. Remember when dj said he had a 50-50 chance of getting the resurrect to work? I think he was telling a half-truth. I think it's 50% chance the resurrected comes back as cult. And based on Thog's sudden.. aggression, maybe Rabbitman got the lucky end of the odds.

They're both doing great to lay out their respective cases, I'll give them that. But what if we're ALL town except for the two monsters who are coasting by right now?

-How likely is it to have a priest in this game?

Thog know this, when Thog die he told there was one resurrection left in game.

-A monk who's a JOAT?
More interesting, he first claimed to only be a watcher/tracker. Then suddenly he can kill too?

-Why would hellshock kill a confirmed townie with a night kill?
Why indeed? (OOC: I'm sure I'm not the only vig in mafia whose had terrible luck with hitting scum.)

What if Rabbitman's cult and can manipulate a dead person's role? It'd make him uber powerful so probably not, right?
Thog know this, Rabbitman's resurrection not change anything about Thog. Thog is still Thog, Son of Kronk, Ellin’s Grove Aligned Adventurer’s Guild Barbarian.

Part of the reason I was becoming suspicious of hellshock was his seeming unwillingness to discuss the cult. Whether he's ultimately right or not, towns win by discussing all options and never overlooking any possibility. I even outlined a potential scenario where a cult could win tomorrow and he wasn't interested. I think even if it was the production of an overactive mind, if it leads to us losing, we discuss it!

Bak is alive because as said before, I was getting paranoid at the lack of recent cult talk and not just by hellshock. Is it a cult, a mafia, a mafia with limited culting ability? I still wasn't sure. Who could I even trust? If I brought someone back, I could trust them. I chose Bak partially because Hellshock wanted Destiny but mostly because I not only wanted someone I could trust, I wanted someone I could trust, with a night kill. Give power bak to the town.

A few points, in the interests of discussion.

-I'd buy a monk joat. Is Hellshock one? Not sure but I buy the concept existing in this game.

-If a resurrection could result in cultism, there's one elephant in the room we need to throw a mouse at. Mr Sherrif are you a cultist? :p

Part of the reason I was becoming suspicious of hellshock was his seeming unwillingness to discuss the cult. Whether he's ultimately right or not, towns win by discussing all options and never overlooking any possibility. I even outlined a potential scenario where a cult could win tomorrow and he wasn't interested. I think even if it was the production of an overactive mind, if it leads to us losing, we discuss it!

Bak is alive because as said before, I was getting paranoid at the lack of recent cult talk and not just by hellshock. Is it a cult, a mafia, a mafia with limited culting ability? I still wasn't sure. Who could I even trust? If I brought someone back, I could trust them. I chose Bak partially because Hellshock wanted Destiny but mostly because I not only wanted someone I could trust, I wanted someone I could trust, with a night kill. Give power bak to the town.

A few points, in the interests of discussion.

-I'd buy a monk joat. Is Hellshock one? Not sure but I buy the concept existing in this game.

-If a resurrection could result in cultism, there's one elephant in the room we need to throw a mouse at. Mr Sherrif are you a cultist? :p

I get the whole :p is sort of a joke, but seriously? No, I'm not a cultist.

Looking to hear from Eternal Phoenix and MLT as things have devolved into a sort of Mexican standoff here.

1. I don't think I can reconcile why hellshock killed Thog. I know he gave his reasons but he had no reason to believe Thogg wasn't (isn't?) town.

2. As I previously mentioned, I felt that Rabbitman hinting at being a Priest fits in with the cult being "learned people of the robe" or whatever. Just checked and although TBP was a witch, dj was a warlock so scratch that.

3. I do agree that the way things are looking, there's still (at least?) one more cult member in the game.

Maybe you're right and it's down to the monsters but I'd rather win the game and if there's a chance that one of the townies is actually a cultie...

If there's 7 of us and this cult isn't dead...

-4 town.

-2 monsters.

-1 cultist.

We kill a monster in emark...

-4 town.

-1 monsters.

-1 cultist.

Cultist recruits and remaining monster kills....

-3 town.

-1 monster

-2 cultists.

And if the monster is a survival indy, they win tomorrow.

I could be overthinking things and putting square pegs into round holes but it bears discussing.

This is Rabbitman's post regarding the cult. I personally believe that cult is the mafia seeing as there's only eight of us left. With Thog's resurrection I think the numbers have changed, though, right? So say you (Rabbitman) and you (hellshock) are BOTH somehow town, and it is indeed the two monsters left, then why not lynch one of Eliphas and Emark, have Thog take care of the other one tonight, and let's just go from there?

3. I do agree that the way things are looking, there's still (at least?) one more cult member in the game.

I didn't get to finish my last thought here as I got sidetracked and looked for Rabbitman's post on the numbers. I don't know why everyone's assuming that both Eliphas and Emark are indy. With 17 players in the game, I don't think we have room for TWO indy players with their own side quests, one of which is... a hider? And the other is a PGO?

I am Ilog, Individually Aligned Stone Giant.

I have alternating Stone Camouflage and Rock Throw. The first I hide from site. The second I knock the person targeting me prone where they are role blocked the next night.

Greltanidak, Individual Aligned Green Dragon.

Anything else?

And for the record, the death of Destiny was a defense mechanism as he came looking for me.

Emark's outright said he's a dragon! LOL and no one questioned him on it!

Here's the thing: one of them's lying. Eliphas is INDIVIDUALLY ALIGNED and Emark is INDIVIDUAL ALIGNED. If I had to guess, it's Eliphas.

Emark's outright said he's a dragon! LOL and no one questioned him on it!

Here's the thing: one of them's lying. Eliphas is INDIVIDUALLY ALIGNED and Emark is INDIVIDUAL ALIGNED. If I had to guess, it's Eliphas.

And here's the kicker for those who aren't doubting that I'm still town (*cough*Rabbitman*cough* Damn I gotta get myself checked out after all this coughing lol): I GOT a result on Eliphas. He doesn't have the town's best interests at heart. Does that mean he's automatically scum/cult/mafia? I'm not 100% sure on that. But it does mean that he's not town.

Sorry for the flood of posts, I keep hitting submit without finishing my thoughts.

And here's the kicker for those who aren't doubting that I'm still town (*cough*Rabbitman*cough* Damn I gotta get myself checked out after all this coughing lol): I GOT a result on Eliphas. He doesn't have the town's best interests at heart. Does that mean he's automatically scum/cult/mafia? I'm not 100% sure on that. But it does mean that he's not town.

Sorry for the flood of posts, I keep hitting submit without finishing my thoughts.

You not only one with info on Eliphas. Thog also have info on Eliphas Last night, Thog use rage to target two people for kill, one Spartan the other Eliphas. That why Thog keep saying he know who red dragon is.

That why Thog say we lynch Hellshock, who most likely cult member, today. Tonight I use unstoppable kill on Eliphas and tomorrow if necessary we lynch green dragon emark.

It's five to lynch. Assuming me, MLT, and EP are confirmed, and Thog and Rabbitman are town, then it's 5 right there. We just have to agree on who to lynch.

(This is all under the assumption that hellshock's not really a monk and is cult/mafia)

I'm fine with Eliphas and if the game doesnt end, Hellshock dying tonight to be safe and then lynching emark tomorrow if need be.

Question, could we have started with 2 indy and a smaller than usual mafia with them having the ability to recruit one extra person somehow? Was the innocent child Raldkos but would never show up not town because of it being a child?

When I ran the Total Drama mafia I had a smaller mafia with an ability to recruit a townie. So maybe it's that.

I'm fine with Eliphas and if the game doesnt end, Hellshock dying tonight to be safe and then lynching emark tomorrow if need be.

Question, could we have started with 2 indy and a smaller than usual mafia with them having the ability to recruit one extra person somehow? Was the innocent child Raldkos but would never show up not town because of it being a child?

When I ran the Total Drama mafia I had a smaller mafia with an ability to recruit a townie. So maybe it's that.

That's one of my theories, that cult/mafia resurrections could change someone's alignment. Not sure how plausible that is, but right now it's down to me and Thog who were resurrected. Don't know who resurrected me but you resurrected Thog, and right now we're debating if you or hellshock or both of you are town or not.

I wonder if Dj was being 100% Truthful. His specific resurrection has a chance of becoming another Raldkos member. Perhaps they started with 2, could become 3 and with 2 indies maybe 5 non-town is enough.

Then again maybe they started with 3, could become 4 and one of the indies is harmless.

I wonder if Dj was being 100% Truthful. His specific resurrection has a chance of becoming another Raldkos member. Perhaps they started with 2, could become 3 and with 2 indies maybe 5 non-town is enough.

Then again maybe they started with 3, could become 4 and one of the indies is harmless.

There's still the case of there being two dragons -- or at least the acid spitter and the fire breather (not sure about this? I seem to have forgotten what the other one does :o)