How to force the WWE to buy WCW?

Hi Guys,

So I am playing the New Blood mod and the weird thing is... I've been playing for nearly a year and WCW just keeps on chugging along. I was able to buy ECW right around the time it closed in real life, but every time I try to buy WCW, they keep saying "they aren't willing to sell to a bigger company?"

What are my options here? Is there any way I can modify the database so that WCW *WILL* sell to WWE in March of 2001?

Easiest solution is put them at -9999999 or as many 9's as you can,

This has been covered many times before, and I think it's even explicitly debunked in the game, but to recap - this is not true. The amount of money is completely irrelevant. It's how long they've been in debt that matters.

Is there any way I can modify the database so that WCW *WILL* sell to WWE in March of 2001?

Whether they sell is based on multiple factors, including size, owner, and relationship with the buyer.

this is not true. The amount of money is completely irrelevant. It's how long they've been in debt that matters.

But by forcing them into the red, it starts the clock...right?

In other words, WCW might be somewhat profitable in his game, and forcing them to -999999 (whatever it is) begins the train of being in the red.

This has been covered many times before, and I think it's even explicitly debunked in the game, but to recap - this is not true. The amount of money is completely irrelevant. It's how long they've been in debt that matters.

Whether they sell is based on multiple factors, including size, owner, and relationship with the buyer.

Good to know. If I wanted to buy someone out my first step was to do this and just wait. Good to know

Thank you. Someone on another forum told me to switch the owner to Ted Turner and leave Bischoff as the booker, because Bischoff isn't suited to sell. Maybe that's not historically accurate but hey if it gets the job done.

I think the reason TO play this mod is so you can re-live the period of time when ECW and WCW went down and whether you decide to maybe buy out the very very high WCW contracts.

Thank you. Someone on another forum told me to switch the owner to Ted Turner and leave Bischoff as the booker, because Bischoff isn't suited to sell. Maybe that's not historically accurate but hey if it gets the job done.

I think the reason TO play this mod is so you can re-live the period of time when ECW and WCW went down and whether you decide to maybe buy out the very very high WCW contracts.

I haven't played the mod, but that's dedinitely the only reason I would play it. I'd probably just use the add a 2nd player trick.