How do you push Tyson Baine?

I'm playing NOTBPW in 2005 and have acquired Tyson Baine. I've never booked him before this save, but im having some fun with it. I had him come into our company as a Goldberg type of character, defeating everyone in our king of the ring tournament to capture the inaugural title and beat Sean Mcfly in the finals. My question is, how do you book him? I've heard of people comparing him to Goldberg and Rikishi. Is he something special? Over rated?

He is a big menacing guy with above average SQ and decent overness.

Generally just book him as a special attraction heel. In TEW2016 he’s more limited due to his age but you mentioned 2005 so you really don’t have much limitations on how to book him.

In 2016 I almost always book him as a part of a stable however, because he is far too lacking to be a singles guy and he can also give the rub to a lot of guys while he’s at it.

Play to his strengths. Let him be a menacing, almost demonic even, presence that kind of puts everyone on the babyface side on edge a little bit. Palpable tension because you kind of hope he's just in there to win rather than gunning for someone's head. He's almost a perfect contrast for all of the Stones honestly. Technical excellence vs a monster's brutality. Or in Edd's case, a high flyer vs the big bulky menacing demonic monster. Someone who kind'a has those over the top demonic ties vs the straight laced wrestlers. It's something completely different for them to have to deal with.

Have him kill the civilians/mid-carders you're willing to expend to build up this aura of his and figure out who stops him. Maybe in the process of him being this monster you hit on something else too. I'm not as familiar with the 05 mod but maybe someone like a Karen Killer to manage him if you want to go with that presentation maybe?

I'm currently playing an SWF 2014 save (Currently in 2015) and I acquired Tyson Baine in November 2014, not on time decline, and with way better skills then at the beginning of the game (10-15 points more in some areas. His debut match was ending The Crippler's 2014 undefeated streak at Christmas Chaos in a 92 rated match. In the couple months since then he is up to 94 pop in the US and has an average match rating of 83.

I'm playing NOTBPW in 2005 and have acquired Tyson Baine. I've never booked him before this save, but im having some fun with it. I had him come into our company as a Goldberg type of character, defeating everyone in our king of the ring tournament to capture the inaugural title and beat Sean Mcfly in the finals. My question is, how do you book him? I've heard of people comparing him to Goldberg and Rikishi. Is he something special? Over rated?

I always booked him like Akuma when playing USPW.

Akuma is a cold and extremely powerful warrior whose sole reason for being is to hone his fighting skills by battling and destroying strong foes. He rarely displays any sign of emotions, aside from occasional bursts of anger, and rarely smiles. He takes his training very seriously and deals brutally with those who dare interrupt him. Occasionally, he likes to test himself against worthy rivals.

In line with his martial arts philosophy, Akuma also believes in a certain principle of self-worth. Specifically, Akuma despises hubris (i.e. a perceived excess of self-worth), foolish behavior, and those who rely on means other than their fists to fight or gain power (both of which would indicate a lack of the same), as his various win quotes in the Street Fighter IV games indicate. He is also somewhat nihilistic by principle, as his search for worthy opponents often includes someone who would be able to kill him.

Most of the time, Akuma abides by the code of the warrior. He fights to improve his skills and defeat powerful foes - though on rare occasion, he does so to gauge the other's abilities. In combat, Akuma almost never resorts to his true strength, especially if testing another fighter; he only fights warriors that he deems worthy, or the ones he believes have the potential to become such.

<p>Baine I always place with a manager or a wrestler airing in the side of necromancy and darkness and have him just be a colossal brute with attacks, post matches, squashes against multiple men but hardly ever competing more than once/twice a month.</p><p> </p><p>

From there you can go one of two ways, if you have him with a manager rather than a wrestles, especially in a place like NOTBPW, competition is key, have people train harder, faster, stronger in order to be able to topple him. For a place not typically storyline based, you really could do an entire year around an established star facing his biggest challenge or an up and comer rising to beat the beast. Keep putting bigger guys in front of them to topple, each with a weakness all the while either finding one with Baine or finding inner strength to not need a weakness.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course if you put him with a wrestler by the time he can ascend the mountain he can either be screwed by that wrestler looking for personal gain or be a monster unleashed where whoever created him is there to destroy him as only he can. </p><p> </p><p>

Baine really could be made to be the type of guy who loses three times in an entire career with a company if you don't mind only using him for around 2 years. </p><p> </p><p>

That initial loss after so much dominance, someone from the past who was dominated getting his revenge and then a new star made on the way out.</p>