Unstoppable STAMPEDE - Sept 2019 Draft Fed

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LucianCarter" data-cite="LucianCarter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Some fast growth by other feds, WSX and PWG, already looking to move up in the wrestling world.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Of course WS_X is growing fast - the world is full of weirdos and lovers of the strange.</p>

ARDA: Hi everybody, welcome back to Aftermath. I’m here with Jon Stewart and The Sensational Sherri. Are you two excited for Harts and Minds?

SHERRI: TO quote the late, great, Macho Man: ohhhhhh yeeeaaahhh.

JON: I can’t top that. Move on.

ARDA: We had one last stop to make so let’s kick it off with the opener.

SHERRI: Opening with The New Hart Foundation versus Ciampa and Rhino was a gamble. One thing goes wrong, you lose the crowd’s initial heat. That didn’t happen here. They put on a surprisingly good match for TV.

JON: Plus a clean submission by Rhino means Teddy Hart and Davey Boy Smith are really on a roll.

ARDA: Is that a good thing? They’re the kayfabe owner’s family.

JON: That makes them loyal. It’s an old argument, do you push talent who could leave tomorrow or do you make your most loyal soldier the backbone of your roster instead.

ARDA: The usual suspects were up next. Cena and Rock-

JON: The Rock and Jorts Connection.

ARDA: Oo-k. They confronted Jericho and Orton one last time.

SHERRI: It was really good. But Orton seemed… off.

JON: Word is he’s still pissed off Bubba Ray got hired.

ARDA: Don’t you hate the backstage drama?

JON: It helps keep us employed.

ARDA: Touché.

(Segment rating 96)

SHERRI: I thought the next match was decent. And Mi Familia going over teams like Bram and Kingston is the only way they’ll claw their way up the card.

JON: Which we all want them to do.

(Segment rating 62)

ARDA: Dudley Boys over Shaun Richter and Brian Cage, did the right team

go over?

JON: It wasn’t a bad match, and The Dudleys have to win to stay relevant. I just remember when Shaun Richter, aka Eli Drake, was a big deal in Impact wrestling. It looks like he’s not going to reach those heights here.

SHERRI: He might be better off elsewhere. It depends if he wants the money, or a chance to be a top guy.

ARDA: I don’t know. The Dudleys are at the tail end of their careers. They need to be passing the torch more and more.

(Segment rating 74)

ARDA: The non-title tag match, thoughts.

JON: Awesome, the wrestling was great and the crowd got into it.

SHERRI: New Day beats Steenerico and we’re set up for a title match at Harts and Minds.

ARDA: For a company this devoted to tag team wrestling it seems they added this match awfully last minute.

(Segment rating 85)

ARDA: The Undertaker and Big Show shook down Eric Bischoff for holding them back from a tag title match.

JON: This is like going to a Burger King to complain about the Big Mac. Eric doesn’t make matches.

SHERRI: Hang on, this is the guy who spent weeks trying to recruit these two by bragging about how much stroke he has. If it was true, he could easily be holding them back.

JON: Shaky argument.

ARDA: But good angle.

(Segment rating 92)

SHERRI: The match between the Rhodes Scholars and ACH & Swann was better than I expected, in ring wise.

JON: Story wise it was two establish guys beating up two low card guys. The audience wasn’t that into it.

ARDA: And Cody winning was the most predictable outcome possible.

(Segment 73)

JON: Now someone did get the Unholy Alliance a match.

SHERRI: Against Titus Worldwide.

JON: Some of these guys were wrestling when Apollo Crews was in diapers.

ARDA: Same old problem. Three of these guys are past their prime, two by a lot. Nostalgia will only take you so far in a company that advertises being about in-ring action.

SHERRI: And, of course, they won. What’s the payoff here? A lousy match against whoever the champions are when they decide to pull the plug on it?

ARDA: I guess time will tell.

(Segment rating 60)

ARDA: Then came the twist of the night. The Rock down, victim of a surprise attack by an unknown assailant. Rock pleads with Cena not to forfeit. He agrees, and must go it alone in the main event.

(Segment rating 98)

SHERRI: The match ended up being superb. Handicap matches often suffer, especially when they go over 22 minutes.

ARDA: Cena just would not stay down. His grit became the story of the match.

JON: When The Rock finally arrived I expected a miracle victory; not a screw up.

SHERRI: Seemed smart to me. Cena looked strong, yet didn’t go over the top two heels in the country in a handicap match.

(Segment rating 82)

ARDA: So, good show?

JON: Oh, yeah.

SHERRI: It set up the big show well. This isn’t really a company about soap opera storylines and cartoon character gimmicks. People fight who they are booked to fight.

ARDA: It’s more realistic, but it makes it easier to just skip an episode.

JON: It’s quality wrestling without the glitz. The question is, will that keep them at the top?

(Overall rating 82)

<p>ARDA: Welcome to our special Aftermath coverage of Stampede Harts and Minds. Jon Stewart, Sensational Sherri, let’s get to it. Opening segment, Cena and Jericho face-to-face.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: Cena gave his usual babyface chasing the title spiel.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: I thought Jericho was the stronger one here.</p><p> </p><p>

CLIP</p><p> </p><p>

JERICHO: Listen to me you sanctimonious, self-important sad-sack! I made this even. Randy Orton isn’t even here tonight. And your pal, Dwayne? He’ll be busy with a match of his own, against the OGz! And that’s why I’ll be Better Man champion forever. Because not only am I smarter than you, I am the best in the world at what I do!</p><p> </p><p>

END CLIP</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: It was well orchestrated. </p><p> </p><p>

JON: Word broke on the internet that Orton might not make the show, so it wasn’t even clear if this was a kayfabe absence or a case of real life getting in the way.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: It’s still odd they keep setting up singles matches as the main event in a tag fed.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 95)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: The action kicked off next, with the American Wolves knocking off The Dudleys.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: This is what we’ve been saying the Dudleys role should be. Losing to slightly less over teams.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Eddie’s roll up of Devon made the win seems a bit like a fluke, but it capped off a match that was quite decent. </p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: I think the two teams’ collective experience carried them to a solid performance.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 81)</p><p> </p><p>

JON: That’s more than we can say about The Kingdom beating ACH and Rich Swann. Neither the wrestling nor the crowd interest was there on this one.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: And Matt Taven pins ACH. No surprises.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 67)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Team Canada versus Blame Canada is a match that had to happen.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: Blame Canada needs to be split up or cut. Shawn Spears and Petey Williams just don’t work together. So they can be jobbed down to obscurity or things can be shaken up.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: I agree. The only mild surprise here was Young getting the pin, rather than Roode.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Young’s Wheelbarrow Neckbreaker looked awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: But Roode was the star overall. Spears looked like an amateur compared to him.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 74)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Undertaker and Big Show finally have a confrontation with Bret Hart.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Bret looked a little too calm in the face of the pair. I think it hurt the angle.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: But they make a good point. They’re two marquee names and they haven’t had a title shot. </p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: They haven’t exactly been tearing the house down match quality wise.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: They drafted these two and I’m not sure they had plans for them.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: They’re still draws. They still cut good promos. So Stampede is painted into a corner. What do you do with two huge names you can’t rely on to wrestle?</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 91)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Up next, Stampede continues to try to build Mi Familia by putting them over Natural Selection. </p><p> </p><p>

JON: Does that mean much, these days?</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: You expect better wrestling from these four than we got.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: These are some of the less experienced teams on the roster. They’ll get better in time.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 67)</p><p> </p><p>

JON: I love how New Day decided to have their victory party before the match. And the way they ran verbal circles around Kevin Steen-</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Which is not easy to do.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: It was entertaining. Woods is still acting too heelish for New Day’s style. I hope that changes.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Shout out to El Generico and his awesome looks of confusion.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 76)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Lethal and Dutt and Bram and Kingston continue to be little more than filler on the card. Despite that, they put on a solid match.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Jay Lethal was the star.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: That flying elbow drop was an “Ohhhhhhh Yeah!” moment.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 71)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Also filed under filler: Ciampa and Rhino beat Titus Worldwide.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Decent wrestling, a match that could have headlined an old school Ring of Honor show.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: Eric Bischoff’s interference paid off.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 70)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: The Rhodes Scholars and The New Hart Foundation are becoming serious contenders in the tag division.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Which is hot as hell.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: So they face each other. Did the winner surprise either of you.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: Well, I surprised Aaron Stevens pinned Davey Boy Smith. I’d have expected Cody to pin Teddy. Same winner either way but here the less over of one side beats the more over of the other.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: That’s not exactly a shocker. It’s risky to get too predictable in wrestling.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Stevens grabbing the tights was a nice touch.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: I agree, old school heel all the way.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Speaking of the tag belts, that was one heck of a title match.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: New Day still have it, Steenerico still have it, and I could see it going either way.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: I expected Steenerico to retain. The match, though, lived up to the hype.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Big E tapping out to the Sharpshooter is a big deal. That makes these two very credible champions.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 85)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Rock versus the OGz?</p><p> </p><p>

JON: At least it was short.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Rock dominated in a ring full of men who could retire at any moment. He came out of the train wreck looking the best. That’s not saying much.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 56)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Then the big swerve. RKO out of nowhere.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Followed by five minutes of Orton teasing the punt to the head. Complete with six security guards for Orton to RKO.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: Problem is he phoned it in like James Franco at the Oscars.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Rock was the one beaten down and trying to claw his way to Orton, but he came out of it looking better.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 92)</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: What a main event.</p><p> </p><p>

JON: I’d say the tag title match was better, but this had more crowd reaction. </p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: I was really not sure these two could go thirty minutes and look good doing it.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: What did you think of the draw ending?</p><p> </p><p>

JON: The story worked. John went up two nothing in a fair fight so Jericho went full blown heel and snuck out a last-second second pin after Cena hit the steel turnbuckle.</p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Like Jon said, the tag match would have been an even better finale to the show. This looks a little worse by comparison. </p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: That seems a little unfair. This was a fine main event and not much worse than Steenerico’s match.</p><p> </p><p>

(Segment rating 82)</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Final thoughts?</p><p> </p><p>

JON: No mistakes, some home run promos and some good matches. I don’t know if they attracted many new fans in Canada or the US with this show. I’d imagine it helped them establish an even stronger foothold overseas. </p><p> </p><p>

SHERRI: Bret Hart is making this work somehow.</p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: Can this continue. Will the grind of five shows a month be too much for anyone on the roster. </p><p> </p><p>

JON: And Father Time is looming large over a fair portion of the roster. Can Stampede build new stars to replace them? </p><p> </p><p>

ARDA: It’s early to speculate. No reason this federation won’t be around a long time.</p><p> </p><p>

(Show rating 84)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good to see you back doing this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have no plans to stop, but my current plan is only to produce a month of shows per real life month.</p>

<p>ARDA OCAL: Some breaking news and a wrestling round-up.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Stampede Wrestling today announced a working agreement with the new Ring of Honor federation.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Charlie Haas announced his retirement lately. And a serious injury has taken out BUSHI for a year.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

In darker news, PWG is in trouble. Once a National force they are starting to look more like a Cult fed. The good news is, they just signed Seth Rollins and if anyone can turn it around, it's The Architect.</p>

Tiny suggestion. One or two pics would liven it up. Maybe just the main Event participants or something. I like how you do the write ups but it feels a little dry without the bursts of colour pics bring. Those posters are great and when you post those it feels more alive.

• 2 weeks later...