Dawn Of MMA Revamped (1993)

Dawn Of MMA Revamped is a real world sandbox that starts in 1993.

About :

Set in the dawn of mixed martial arts (1993), you get the choice to control early mixed martial arts promotions such as Pacrase, Shooto, or the UFC. As you play along, fighters and companies will debut in the game based on when they debut in real life.

Watch and control the rebirth of your favorite fighters and companies.

Features:

-Starts on June 1993

-Rewrite mixed martial arts history

-Updated pre-1993 fight history, includes Shooto results (credit to Suede)

-Future RW fighters and companies debut based on real life debut date

-Updated 5000+ RW fighter library (Up to Oct. 2019 - Modern Warriors update from mariochives)

-Some ratings and companies reworked (credit to OldSchoolMMA)

-More pictures

Notes :

I've been a lurker of this forum for sometime and recently put this together. I'd like to think of this as an update to Lucien Sanchez Mk2's great idea. I mixed together mods from the community and fixed the critical errors to make it playable, It's in the early stages and there may be problems deeper into the game.

Honestly don't know how it plays out deep, I just started my own save and learning as I ago. If I see any mistakes I just use the in-game editor to quickly fix any blatant irks. If you see any problems, let me know and I'll try to put it in the next update.

Any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Personally I started out a save with the following settings adjusted to:

Regeneration - Off

Organic Biographies- Enabled

Generated Fighters - Disabled

Small Local Shows- Enabled

Large Local Shows- Enabled

Im still experimenting with the local shows. I have yet to understand if it affects the overall gameplay in anyway, this is what I have it set to at the moment.

Recuperation - Less Severe

The idea is fighters will be able to return to action quicker rather than wait an entire suspension length.

Rest of the settings on default

The settings are a work in progress.

I created this using other creations posted on this forum. Without the contributions of the community, I wouldn't have been able to put this together. Thanks to everyone that puts effort into making this game more enjoyable.

credits-

Lucien Sanchez Mk2 (orginial Dawn Of MMA mod)

Tag01(Modern Warriors mod)

OldShoolMMA (Vale Tudo to MMA 1993 Mod)

mariochives (Modern Warriors update)

WECNeverDie (1997 Mod)

Suede (1997 Mod - Fight histories)

kingdamo (Picture pack)

If I missed any credit please let me know.Original mods can be found in the mod index.

Picture pack:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5l1omfchejjnx07/Dawn_Of_MMA_Revamped_alpha.rar/file

Database (updated 9-4-21):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/76aqcccb54cdjbh/Databases.rar/file

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CeaserValiant" data-cite="CeaserValiant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47119" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want to try this but is it possible to play through history of say the UFC where I book all the events that happened? Or are some lesser known fighters not included?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm sure there's some people missing but there's a ton of important and less important fighters. I saw over 5k I believe in total which is insane. But to answer the question I would've believe all the major are ones.</p>

Another thing I noticed while playing. Emmanuel Yarborough is in the game twice (Manny/Emmanuel) & Tank Abbot (Tank/David). I'll try and update this as I play more in the years if I catch anyone. Amazing mod though, im having a blast! Love the fact that i've been seeing a lot of upsets in my save data atm. Volk Han aswell and his real name

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately there are a lot of people twice in the database.

Volk Han - Magomedan...

BJ Penn - B.J. Penn

Tank Abbott - David Abbott

Bae Young Kwon - Bae Yong Kwon

I had those problems in the past. When you copy all fighters from different databases together you will slip over the different naming.

Therefore I didn't test your mode. But a good idea although.

First off, amazing work, love the mod!

Just thought I'd add a few duplicates I've found aswell to help - please don't think of it as criticism :)

Martin Ledwandowski & Martin Lewandowski

Sadaharu Tanigawa & Sadaharu Tanikawa

Tom Atencio & Tom Attencio

Vadim Finkelchtein & Vadim Finkelstein

Doug DeLuca & Douglas DeLuca

Alexey Oleinik & Alexey Oleynik

Attila Vegh & Attila Végh

Blagoi Ivanov & Blagoy Ivanov

Chi Lewis Parry & Chi Lewis-Parry

Dong Hyun Kim & Dong Hyun Kim 'Maestro'/Dong Hyun Ma (not sure if this one's correct or not? Feel like one's probably a duplicate)

Heather Clark/Heather Jo Clark

Ildemar Alcantara & Ildemar Alcântara

Iuri Alcantara & Iuri Alcântara

Jadamba Narantungalag & Jadambaa Narantungalag

Joey Villasenor & Joey Villaseñor

Jung Bu Kyung & Jung Bu-Kyung

Katsuhisa Fuji & Katsuhisa Fujii

Kevin Knabjan & Kevin Knabjian

Kiril Sidelnikov & Kirill Sidelnikov

Lina Lansberg & Lina Länsberg

Magomed Magomedkerimov & Magomed Magomedov/Magomed 'Molodoy' Magomedov (hated typing those ones)

Mark Munoz & Mark Muñoz

Masaaki Sugawara & Masaaki Suguwara

Michal Hamrsmid & Michal Hamršmíd

Poai Suganuma & Po'ai Suganuma

Renan Barao & Renan Barão

Richard Crunkilton & Rich Crunkilton

Sergio Moraes & Sérgio Moraes

Sial-Mou Siliga & Siala-Mou Siligia

Thiago "Big Monster" Santos, Thiago 'Big Monster' Santos and/or Thiago Santos?

Tim Elliot & Tim Elliott

Tom Niinimaki & Tom Niinimäki

Valerie Letourneau & Valérie Létourneau

Apologies if any are intentional/any have already been mentioned and hope this helps someone :)

new updated database 12-23-19: https://www.mediafire.com/file/76aqcccb54cdjbh/Databases.rar/file

-Removed majority of duplicates

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure there is a few lingering around but I tried to go through the database, remove most of the duplicates reported and any I saw. If you see anymore duplicates please report them here.

new updated database 12-23-19: https://www.mediafire.com/file/76aqcccb54cdjbh/Databases.rar/file

-Removed majority of duplicates

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure there is a few lingering around but I tried to go through the database, remove most of the duplicates reported and any I saw. If you see anymore duplicates please report them here.

Thanks for all the hard work again! Ill start a new game today and see what I can find if any. Such a great mod, I had a ton of under dogs just destroy my divisions. People like Liddell and Couture never made it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="xUncleJJ" data-cite="xUncleJJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47119" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>new updated database 12-23-19: <a href="https://www.mediafire.com/file/76aqcccb54cdjbh/Databases.rar/file" rel="external nofollow">https://www.mediafire.com/file/76aqcccb54cdjbh/Databases.rar/file</a><p> </p><p> -Removed majority of duplicates</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure there is a few lingering around but I tried to go through the database, remove most of the duplicates reported and any I saw. If you see anymore duplicates please report them here.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for all the work. Will try it as soon as I can!</p>

Great work on the update, I've really enjoyed playing it. I just wanted to point out that even after the update Volk Han is still appearing both under his real name and as Volk Han for your future updates. Also Tank Aboott's name is listed as Tank "Tank" Abbott instead of David "Tank" Abbott or just Tank Abbott

Anyone having the issue of promotions not debuting? Looked in the editor and Pride is now listed as debuting in 2997 instead 1997. Is this a bug? :confused:

I went and checked my game after you said this and mine has PRIDE set to open in January 2007 in the editor. However, I am in February 1996 so I have not had them open yet, but will update when I get there.