December 2019 Draft Hype/Signup Thread

I thought about this long and hard and after careful consideration i will switch my promotion to PROGRESS in England.

I feel like Europe and UK has to be represented in this draft. Therefore my decision.

I will take as always the whole company, including titles, events and stuff.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How i didnt see Defiant Wrestling. Well at least now there is competition in the UK.

I like the choices Defiant Made as they seem to go more into Sports Entertainment.

Pop wise they will be the UK Power House.

For PROGRESS, we will be more focused on wrestling as a sport and diehard fans.

Im happy with Balor, PAC and Ospreay as my first picks even they have been logical choices.

Yeah, last time i played I didn't go to high on the popularity scale, and i'm pretty sure my fed had become a feeder fed for the rest of the game. This time wanted to make sure i don't get picked dry.

I'm gonna mix in some good wrestling with my Sports Entertainment. I was kind of saddened to see Galloway and Balor go, as well as Becky since she was my top female pick

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LucianCarter" data-cite="LucianCarter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47177" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think every fed with a women's division at all would have had her as top pick. Rousey was a close second, but Becky was the golden child.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ha, I only wanted her for her background in the British isles, being Irish and all.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LucianCarter" data-cite="LucianCarter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47177" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Blast you willr0ck, you took my booker...<p> </p><p> I'm aiming to not have a single man on the roster, even backstage.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't even take her for her booking skills, though that is a bonus. I took her for that 82% pop. She's my GM our authority figure or whatever.</p>

Since it's almost Christmas, I'd figure I'd announce what's going to happen with this draft. Because Christmas is almost certainly going to overlap with this draft, we're going to be going on hiatus on December 25th. We'll start the hiatus when we complete our last full round on December 24th. We'll unpause the draft at 7:00 PM EST/2:00 AM CEST/1:00 AM GMT on December 26th!

<p><strong>Draft Analysis</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

So the first 1/4 of the draft has come and gone and lets look at how the feds are shaping up. I'll try to give at least one negative along with deserved praise (nobody has botched things).</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>LU</strong>: Has very much stayed on message although Jon Moxley and Lucha Libre are not exactly synonymous. Braun & The Fiend fit better. Has clearly gone for larger than life performers with exaggerated characters that fit the concept well. Bayley instead of Rey Fenix is probably a mistake in retrospect, Bayley's good but there are women who fit the product better who will be availblle later and Fenix would have been a great investment.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>SHINE</strong>: With a SHINE vs GLOW war almost inevitable has done a good job of stocking up their roster. The Man is a must have and getting the first shot at her gave them a strong start. Kana in the 3rd rnd was a great get. If I was picking a flaw - Riot in rnd 9 is unconvincing for mine - I just don't rate her highly compared to some women still on the board. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>PROGRESS</strong>: Thought with their head getting the big money Network investment before anyone else could. A top quality largely British Isles born roster will see it competing strongly and McGregor in rnd 8 gives them a much needed pop boost. Wasted their rnd 9 pick on Khan as pure owners like him can be had much later.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>IMPACT</strong>: Already has a better roster than IMPACT has ever had in real life. The 3rd and 4th rnd selections of Ziggler & Drew McIntyre are probably a sleight reach especially since they ended up missing out on Kevin Owens who would have been a great get for a Canadian based fed.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>AEW</strong> : Another fed that feels on message. Brought in a roster that feels true tot eh product. Sky in rnd 10 is a stretch pick as there are better talents still on the board at that point.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Wrestle-1</strong>: 3 Japanese feds always meant that the rosters would be a hodge-podge as people scrambled to take the best available. Tanahashi over Okada is iffy given the long term future of the two men. Picking up Nakajima was a real plus as he can be the long term future.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>GLOW</strong>: In the immortal words of Julie Brown "Girl Fight Tonight", will be locked in a battle with SHINE and probably down a tad on in ring skill in comparison. Lita might be a reach given her stats at this point. The one two punch of Rousey & Charlotte was great but not taking Bayley whilst she was available is a misstep. Both the women's feds will largely rely on getting the best mid-carders they can.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>BWF</strong>: Lucked out getting Okada and then followed up with Omega. Wanted a womens division and took Io in rnd 3 before the womens feds could but that is really a reach. How AJ styles fell to rnd 6 is a mystery but he's a bargain with that pick. Trans girl ASUKA is a potentially great pick-up but likely a tad early. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Defiant</strong>: Good roster although skewing a little old with Jericho & Punk so early. Will likely edge PROGRESS on pop early but has less of an upside in ring - Aldis has star potential and was a great pick rnd 9. Austin is probably a stretch rnd 5 given he is purely a Personality.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>FMW</strong>: The Japanese dogfight will be brutal. If I was to pick a Japanese roster I liked the most in the first 10 rnds it's FMW - a nice balance of vets and people in their prime. Shuji Ishikawa might be taken a few rnds early given the talents still available.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47177" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>GLOW: In the immortal words of Julie Brown "Girl Fight Tonight", will be locked in a battle with SHINE and probably down a tad on in ring skill in comparison. Lita might be a reach given her stats at this point. The one two punch of Rousey & Charlotte was great but not taking Bayley whilst she was available is a misstep. Both the women's feds will largely rely on getting the best mid-carders they can.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the kind words. We have heavy popularity product with high T&A. I'm hoping for a few good matches per show and a lot of eye candy.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47177" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Wrestle-1: 3 Japanese feds always meant that the rosters would be a hodge-podge as people scrambled to take the best available. Tanahashi over Okada is iffy given the long term future of the two men. Picking up Nakajima was a real plus as he can be the long term future.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okada wasn't even on my shortlist, I never had any intention of picking him up. Picked Tanahashi for my "Jumbo" roll as I was worried he wouldn't make round two, in retrospect I would've taken Miyahara round one and tried for Tana in the second round.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alpha2117" data-cite="alpha2117" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47177" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Draft Analysis</strong> <p> </p><p> So the first 1/4 of the draft has come and gone and lets look at how the feds are shaping up. I'll try to give at least one negative along with deserved praise (nobody has botched things).</p><p> </p><p> <strong>PROGRESS</strong>: Thought with their head getting the big money Network investment before anyone else could. A top quality largely British Isles born roster will see it competing strongly and McGregor in rnd 8 gives them a much needed pop boost. Wasted their rnd 9 pick on Khan as pure owners like him can be had much later.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the Insight. I tend to disagree with Khan. I picked him so early cause i really wanted him. As of gettin him later, i didnt want to gamble on that. This time i didnt care about pop as i have a clear picture of what my PROGRESS should look like. And the working agreement with Wrestle-1 is the cherry in top. In my mind i picture awesome matches.</p>