Update on current Forum issues

Guys,

I know access has been pretty spotty lately. I am running some tests with our host provider to see the cause.

1. *4/15 - I removed guest access temporarily to see if that helps things. So please make sure people know to login to see content until this test is done.

2. *4/15 - I restored guest access.

3. *4/15 - I removed it again as things got out of control.

4. Setup a new process for guests. They can only view the main General Discussions forum and need to register to read any other section.

I will keep providing updates here.

Guys, sorry about the last three days - but I'm going to try this setup for a few days. We haven't had an issue with bots registering, but a ton have been trying to attack our site and forums as a guest. So, I'm limiting unregistered people to just view this main thread. It will have news and other information - but please make sure to register and get a login to view all the forum content.

If you have any issues registering or logging in - send me an email at arlie@greydogsoftware.com and I will help you get back on!

Finally, as a thank you for your patience, I'm removing the ads from registered users. If you login each time you view the forums, you will not see any ads moving forward.

If I may chime in on this. For as long as I can remember. On my work computer, it will log me out after 5 minutes. Also whenever I'm logged in. All pictures show up as urls. Just like the above posts have said. But this has been going on for at least a year on my end. I just assumed it was a settings issue someone in my account.

Same. The picture URL issue is awful and it’s why I’m always a guest here, since reading diaries while logged in is hopeless. I’m also having a lot of issues with my mobile device stretching the window to an unreadable width that I didn’t have before. Sometimes I can refresh and it goes back to normal, but not always. I’ve only been logged out after five minutes if I forget to hit the “remember me” checkbox, though.

I had this issue too with pictures as urls, to fix it go to the User CP and click on the options tab, scroll down and there's a section on visible items or something, I don't remember what it's called exactly, but there's 3 check boxes for avatars, signatures and pictures, make sure the pictures box is ticked and that should rectify the problem

I had this issue too with pictures as urls, to fix it go to the User CP and click on the options tab, scroll down and there's a section on visible items or something, I don't remember what it's called exactly, but there's 3 check boxes for avatars, signatures and pictures, make sure the pictures box is ticked and that should rectify the problem

Thank you, it worked. This has been driving me nuts for ages.