to adam:- a question about patch

question for adam, i appologies if this has been brough up before Ive just bought the game and i wanted to get patch 1.2 as stated on main site, so i click to download and it did, it downloaded in main directory and all, but when i view patch number at top of screen it still says 1.1 and not 1.2 even though i have installed the 1.2 patch is this a problem my end or is it a mistake with the patch number on the site?

The patch number in the game is definitely 1.2, so the problem is at your end. Do a restart first, that might help. If it doesn't, make sure that you installed to the same place that you installed the game to in the first place. If that doesn't work, try moving WreSpi.exe someplace else for safe keeping, and then doing the patch install - it could be that it isn't overwriting correctly.

I know this is a really dumb question, but have you actually run the patch .exe file? The only reason I ask is that your first post is rather unlear: [quote]so i click to download and it did, it downloaded in main directory and all, but when i view patch number at top of screen it still says 1.1 and not 1.2 even though i have installed the 1.2 patch[/quote] Just throwing the download into your directory won't install the patch. You need to run the patch file and it will install the new files itself. Again - if I misunderstood, I do apologize.

1) Make sure that your cache has been cleared, you did not say whether you had done that 2) Once you've installed the patch, do a search for WreSpi.exe and make sure only one exists, otherwise you've put it in the wrong place 3) Check the version.txt file (in the same folder as WreSpi.exe) - if this does not have [I]"*** Version 1.2 (Released 18th December 2004)[/I]" at the top, then you have not got the latest file, and you have not cleared your cache correctly, as per point 1.

hi, right ive tryed that and still not worked, now there isnt a possible chance that sonone has recently put up the 1.1 patch gain which over wrote the 1.2 patch on the ftp could they, like 2 dys ago bcause ive done a clean install on a diffeent machine and still the patch in text and exe still say 1.1 would it be possible to download the file urself and just test it to see if it really is me?

ive figured out the problem, it had something to do with the licince, i licenced the game but it was locking on 1.1 even when updating the gamed licenced ive unlicenced and relicenced and iots fine now, sorry for causing the problems thanks for the help mucho appriciated also one other question, is it possible like with ewr and tew to edit the ongoing games files, i havent found a way to do this, if it not possile or something?

Archived