No Ordinary Men [CVerse]

mKGDqOQ.png

I blinked several times and adjusted my watch on my wrist. It was a nervous habit more than anything else. 2021 had come to a close and it had been a good year in a lot of ways. We were making ground. Fans left our shows happy and satisfied, but we weren’t growing fast enough. My investors had sunk a lot of money into starting CWI. They were going to want to turn a profit at some point. We couldn’t consistently lose money or break even, we were going to have to make money. We had signed deals to produce shows in Bloomington and Edinburgh every month of 2022 and hopefully, that could be a shot in the arm. Andrew and Mark had chased those deals down and were going to be responsible for those cards with me overseeing, but I was giving the young guys an opportunity to show what they were made of, if I was right, those shows could be the difference-maker in our bottom line. They weren’t going to be full-blown shows like we were doing in Fountain Square, they were just going to be secondary shows that didn’t have the full range of talent or the full production behind it, but if they were consistently good and were able to draw local fans and sell some merch, then they would be worth it. They would also continue to allow us to have rookies try out for us as we searched for talent to build our core around.

I was a pragmatist. I knew that a good portion of our roster wouldn’t be with us forever. The Hangman, Nate DeMarcus, Zippy, Pepper, Jack and Charlie, Urena, Talia, the list could have kept going, were all young and talented and odds were that someone was going to come calling with bigger deals at some point. USPW, SWF, TCW, and CWA were all giants in the landscape and consistently needed to refresh their talent pools as workers got too old to be effective or hurt or too costly for their position. We were going to lose talent. It was the nature of our size and what I was trying to do. It was what Rip and Sam had done so well and been able to keep MAW financially solvent. They consistently found new young talent to integrate into the system as other talent got signed or moved on. These Bloomington and Edinburgh shows would provide the opportunity to do that while also allowing me the opportunity to give some of our talents more work.

Looking at the roster, Davis Wayne Newton was unquestionably our top all-around performer. He had really good psychology, he had good experience and respect, he had good exposure from FCW being on WrestleWorld, he could wrestle any style. He was a general in the ring, but he was also costly. He was the most expensive guy on the roster. He was worth it though because he could be my top working heel if I did things with him right. I’d always liked Davis. He was a Bootcamp guy and perhaps I was partial to guys and gals from the Bootcamp, but I had been instrumental in the Bootcamp. I wasn’t an in-ring trainer, but I worked with them on interviews. I did the website and the graphics for the Camp and was there pretty consistently watching them. Anyway. Davis had a lot of upside and I was pretty confident that he and Conner were relatively safe bets to be with us long term. Both were in their mid-thirties and while a company could come calling for them, there was also a high probability that their major run days were over. I could use that to my advantage though and bank on them to be with me for years to come, so long as they didn’t choose to leave to explore other options.

Funky Fedora, The Texas Express, and Lucy Stone-McFly had agreed to two year deals when they signed on. Two years to use them before we see what shakes out. Fedora’s microphone work and charisma meant he was going to be a great heat-magnet and I had plans for him at the top of the card. The Texas Express were going to anchor the babyface side of the tag team division with American Gold while Lucy Stone-McFly was going to be built into a force, so long as her attitude didn’t get in the way. She was already telling people how she was destined to go to CWA and how she was going to be a bigger deal to women’s wrestling than Alicia Strong. That kind of ego could get her in trouble with some of our gals.

I believed that 2022 could be the year where we made a jump. I wanted to get us onto WrestleWorld -- that wouldn’t happen in 2022, but if we played our cards right it could happen in 2023. I wanted our little company to be recognized as a company doing something special. I wanted guys like The Hangman to be recognized for the great work he was doing and I wanted to be a place that built the stars of the future. I wanted to see guys get contracts and opportunities. I wasn’t ever going to get the call to the big leagues. Those days had passed me by. I was on the wrong side of 40 and they all had young announcers waiting in the wings to take over from their established voices. They didn’t need a chubby old man on their broadcasts. CWI was my last shot to build something that etched me into the annals of wrestling history. I could build something here that was still going strong in twenty or thirty years. I could build a pro wrestling company that stood the test of time. An independent shop that had a formula and used that formula to stay relevant and solvent in an ever-changing wrestling landscape.

I could do that… But first we had to consistently turn a damn profit. That was the goal of 2022. Make money. And draw over 100 fans consistently. We had yet to hit the century mark and in our third year of operation, I was determined that we would do that consistently. This was going to be our year. I was determined to make it so.

nlKO1W0.png

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis was back in action for its first show as part of its new series of shows at the Edinburgh American Legion. The show was incredibly well received and was hopefully the beginning of a brand new relationship that will be very profitable for both parties.

In the opening match, Hank Gunn secured a victory over British wrestler Iggy Riot.

The Dog Soldier combo of Ace Youngblood and Wild Red Stallion defeated the team of Lance Guida and Roger Christison.

Black Diamond beat rookie Mellow Flashhart.

In the semi-final contest, The Player's Club got a big victory over CILL tag team The Mission.

In the main event, Matt Blackburn successfully defeated former NYCW Empire Champion Brutus Milano.

uoEa8xj.png

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis will be back at the Fountain Square Theatre for our first show of 2022 -- New Year Scramble. CWI looks to start 2022 off right with a blockbuster show. For the first time ever, Nate "the Great" DeMarcus challenges The Hangman for the COTT Mid American Championship. Will Nate DeMarcus be the first person to pin or make The Hangman submit en route to a victory? Will he be the first to knock The Hangman off of his feet? Find out at New Year Scramble.

In the semi-final match, Bred for Battle faces their biggest challenge yet when they defend the CWI Tag Team Championships against not one, not two, but three other teams in a Four Way Tag Team Match where the first pinfall will secure the championship. Their opponents? American Gold, The Player's Club, and The Texas Express.

Felicia Luck looks to tie Steph Blake's Women's Championship reign with her seventh defence as she puts the title on the line against Urena Frost and Zippy Deverell challenges Pepper Pelton for the Indiana Heavyweight Championship. All of that and so much more. Get your tickets today.

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis Presents

New Year Scramble

Saturday Week 1, January 2022

Live from the Fountain Square Theatre

Belltime 7:00 PM, Doors 6:00 PM

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

COTT Mid American Championship

Nate "the Great" DeMarcus versus The Hangman ©

Semi-Main Event

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Tag Team Championship

The Texas Express versus The Player's Club w/ Lucinda Lush versus American Gold versus Bred for Battle © w/ Andrew Gibson

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Urena Frost versus Felicia Luck ©

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Indiana Heavyweight Championship

"The Hillbilly Outlaw" Zippy Deverell versus "Spicy" Pepper Pelton ©

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

"The Indiana Strangler" Conner Threepwood versus Funky Fedora

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Mr. Grappling versus One Man Army

Plus: Hear from The Canadian Blonds and Lucy Stone-McFly.

DQ9HiYG.png

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

The Texas Express versus The Player's Club w/ Lucinda Lush versus American Gold versus Bred for Battle © w/ Andrew Gibson

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Nate might be the one to eventually take the belt from the Hangman, but with little to no buildup, doubt the belt changes hands here. Predicting a countout or DQ win to set things off.

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I see some sort of draw maybe double count out with these two titans

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I personally like elimination multiman matches but I see Bred for Battle winning regardless

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Urena seems like the next big thing in the women’s division especially with Stone-McFly here now

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I see a cheat win

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I personally like elimination multiman matches but I see Bred for Battle winning regardless

I actually vastly prefer the elimination style of multi man matches (and I typically hate multiple tag team matches), so don't expect to see the one fall to a finish frequently (if ever again!)

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

I actually think I'm wrong with this. Wanted to spice it up tho

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

CWI Women's Championship

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

New Year Scramble

<div style="padding: 10px; border: 0px solid #737373; margin:10px;background: #ffb61b; max-width:1000px;box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;"><table style="border: 5px solid #ffb61b; background: #737373; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="100%"><tr valign="top">

<td>

aKvrZof.png

Saturday Week 1,January 2022

Live from the Fountain Square Theatre [indianapolis, Indiana, Great Lakes, USA]

91 people in attendance (a decrease of 1 fan from last show)

Commentators: Marv Earnest & Mark Hyatt

qSIrNZu.jpg?1aO4dY56.jpg

Earnest, “Hello and welcome to another exciting night of Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis action back here at the Fountain Square Theatre. We are kicking off 2022 right with New Year Scramble. What a show we have for you tonight. All four CWI titles will be on the line, including our blockbuster main event where Nate DeMarcus will challenge The Hangman for the COTT Mid American Championship. This will be the first time these two men have met in singles competition. Joining me tonight calling the action is my broadcast partner, Mark Hyatt. Mark, tonight we start the third year of operation for Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis, what do you think we are in store for this year?

Hyatt, “I think The Hangman will continue to dominante CWI fo the 2022 calendar year. I don’t see anyone standing in his way. I also think this is the year that Rafe Sashay breaks out and becomes the biggest star in wrestling!

Earnest, “Really? Your pick for breakout star wrestler is Rafe Sashay?”

Hyatt, “You’re damn right. He’s The Man, The Myth, the Legend! 2022 is going to be his year. You heard it here first. He may not be scheduled to be in action here tonight, but all he needs is one opportunity and that kid is going to be off to the races.”

Earnest, “Apparently you’re the president of his fan club.”

Hyatt, “And the founder.”

Earnest, “Well what do you think about the card tonight? What are you looking forward to most?”

Hyatt, “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to the Four Corner Tag Team Match. Four top teams CWI. The Tag Team Titles are on the line. The first team to score a pinfall leaves with the belts. It’s going to be an intense match up and I can’t wait to see who leaves with the belts.”

Earnest, “That will definitely be a can’t miss match up, but from top to bottom this is going to be a card that showcases great pro wrestling action. Before we get to our first match, The Canadian Blonds -- minus Davis Wayne Newton -- have some words they would like to share.”

05TFh3q.png

<table style="border: 5px solid #737373; background: #ffb61b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>LUbeWQU.jpg9KDfWG9.jpgyBjidoB.jpg

Three of the four members of The Canadian Blonds come out to the ring. Just two weeks ago, Ozzie and Flash were on the losing end of a match with the Dog Soldiers and lost the World Six-Man Championships. Robin DaLay was not involved in that particular contest, but he still dutifully accompanied his stablemates to the ring. He also fetched the microphone for Ozzie and then stood behind Ozzie and Flash as the muscle.

Goldstein, “Last month was a travesty. A damn travesty. Flash and Davis and I were in this building two weeks ago and we were defending our World Six Man Championships. Our titles. The titles we put on the map. The titles we took all over North American to make the premier Six-Man titles in the entire world. We came into the building a little banged up. Flash was sick. My hamstring was bugging me, Davis had three hangnails -- that’s right, three! And what did those no good dirty Dog Soldiers took advantage and took a cheapshot on Flash Savage and STOLE our titles. They stole them! They didn’t beat us fairly. They stole our titles and they ran for the hills and I won’t stand for it. Flash won’t stand for it. Robin won’t stand for it. Davis won’t stand for it.”

Ozzie handed the microphone to Flash Savage.

Savage, “That’s right. We won’t. We won’t stand for this kind of injustice. We are the rightful World Six-Man Champions and we will not rest until the Canadian Blonds have the World belts back in our grasp. You heard it hear first. We are coming for our titles back. Get ready Dog Soldiers, because you’re about to go to war with the Canadians. And Canada has NEVER lost a war.”

Flash handed the microphone back to Robin and Robin handed it back to Steffi Chee and the Blonds made their graceful exit.

Angle Rating

vF5B8kW.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

rm0nsEX.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgdRoebqb.jpg

“Indiana’s Finest” Mr. Grappling versus One Man Army

The first match of the night pit the Hoosier State Native, Mr. Grappling against the legend One Man Army. They started the match off slow, with some grappling. While One Man Army had always been a bit of a risk taker, he also possessed very underrated technical skills and Mr. Grappling was, well, a grappler. They exchanged a series of holds and counter holds with Grappling showing that he could hold his own against the veteran, who looked like he was underestimating the younger wrestler. Grappling hit several big arm drags that clearly frustrated the veteran, who took time outside of the ring to catch his breath. Back in the ring, One Man Army used a hand on the trunks to pull Grappling back into the ropes where One Man Army did not give a clean break. This allowed One Man Army to take control of the match and work over Mr. Grappling. Army took to the sky for a big dive and they worked the crowd into a frenzy. Army went for a springboard move of some sort, but Mr. Grappling blocked it and immediately hit the Blast From The Past to get the victory in a very good opening contest.

In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Mr. Grappling defeated One Man Army in 11:10 by pinfall with a Blast From The Past.

Match Rating

W82UlP3.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Thirty Minute Time Limit

x1sIdIt.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgf5LseG0.jpg

The second match of the night featured another Indianapolis product in former two-time Mid American Champion, Conner Threepwood, against Memphis’ Own Funky Fedora. Fedora was the classic Memphis wrestler. Mostly a Southern-style brawler, Fedora and Threepwood were the classic tale of wrestler-versus-puncher. The crowd was into everything these two did. Fedora was just such a natural heel and a heat magnet. When he dropped his knee on Threepwood’s throat and argued with Jez McArthur that McArthur was not calling the match cleanly, the crowd booed loudly. When Fedora hit a big suplex and then busted out The Strut and the crowd booed so loudly. Fedora focused on the injured back of Threepwood with simple, but effective offense. Some Sidewalk Backbreakers helped soften the back of his opponent and Threepwood sold wonderfully. Threepwood’s comeback was big. He blocked a Slingshot Back Suplex attempt when he flipped over Fedora and landed behind him to hit a labored German Suplex. Fedora kicked out of the German Suplex and his eyes went wide in shock as Threepwood started to fire up even with his hurt back. He suplexed Fedora all around the ring and Fedora took big Southern-style bumps. He went ass over tea-kettle for Threepwood and the crowd was really behind Conner when…

8jXaYVV.jpg

Rafe Sashay came running down to ringside. He hopped onto the ring apron and drew both Conner and referee Jez McArthur’s attention. McArthur commanded Sashay get off the apron while Conner looked like he wanted to punch Sashay, but while all this was going on -- neither realized that on his way up onto the apron, Sashay had slid a bag to Fedora. Fedora spun Threepwood around and Threepwood got an eyeful of powder while McArthur continued to argue with Sashay. Fedora followed the powder throw up with a DDT and then the Top Rope Knee Drop onto Threepwood. Sashay hopped off the apron and Fedora made the cover right as McArthur turned around and counted the three!

In an exceptional match, Funky Fedora defeated Conner Threepwood in 13:05 by pinfall with a Top Rope Knee Drop following interference from Rafe Sashay.

Match Rating

T8HPE4s.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<table style="border: 5px solid #737373; background: #ffb61b; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); background-image:url();background-repeat:repeat-y;background-size:contain;background-position:center;"; cellpadding="5px"; frame="box"; width="70%"><tr valign="top">

<td>

8RiRMpW.jpgajCQd8T.jpg

Lucy Stone-McFly came walking to the ring where Steffi Chee was waiting for her.

Chee, “Welcome to Indianapolis, Lucy. Last month, you made your in-ring debut here when you beat fellow House of Stone graduate Merryl Lavoie in a singles contest. What are your plans here?”

Stone-McFly, “That’s simple, Steffi. I want to be CWI Women’s Champion and then I want to use that to get a shot at -- and win -- the COTT World Women’s Championship. I want to be the best women’s wrestler on the planet. I believe that I will be. I know I’m young, but this business is in my blood. This is the business my family has dedicated their lives to. My grandfather was the patriarch of Canadian pro wrestling. My uncle Dan is probably the greatest wrestler of all time. My mother was a great wrestler -- a trailblazer in women’s wrestling. My father is one of the youngest World Champions in history.”

Chee, “Do you feel a lot of pressure with that kind of family history and the level of success every member of your family in the wrestling business has had?”

Stone-McFly, “Absolutely. It is daunting. I carry the Stone name. I carry the McFly name. I carry the legacies of my parents and my aunt and my uncles. I carry the responsibility to not embarrass those names or those legacies and I won’t. I will be just as good, if not better, than any of them ever were and my journey to immortality begins here in Indianapolis. Next month, Steffi, I will be stepping into the ring with the winner of Urena Frost and Felicia Luck’s Women’s Title match.”

Chee, ‘You’ll be challenging for the Women’s title? In your second match in the company?”

Stone-McFly, “That’s right. By virtue of already being the UCW Women’s Champion, I qualified for a title shot upon my signing with CWI. I figured if I am here to prove myself, why wait?”

Chee, “I can appreciate that gumption. Best of luck next month in your title opportunity.”

Stone-McFly, “Thank you Steffi. I will see you all here in the Fountain Square Theatre next month!”

Angle Rating

jzWA0v8.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

3XMStyp.jpg

dbsbaKr.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgnrsRKnF.jpg

The first of four championship matches was up next as two of the original members of the CWI roster -- two guys who have both stood out as two potential breakout stars in the world of pro wrestling -- Zippy Deverell and Pepper Pelton, were in the ring with one another. This was not the first time they have met and it showed during the match. These two knew each other. Both were primarily brawlers who liked to punch and kick, but Pelton was the bigger man and had the size and power to go against Deverell’s ring awareness and craftiness. The crowd really likes both young talents and while neither is an exceptional in-ring talent, neither is bad. Pelton controlled the bulk of the match -- with the challenger being bumped all around. Pelton went for the Spice Rack, but Deverell was able to rake the eyes and get himself free. That created the opening for Deverell to take control and the next several minutes were Deverell exploiting that opportunity. He continually tried to position he and Pelton where referee Bret Graveson wasn’t able to see as Deverell thumbed Pelton’s eyes and close-fist punched him. The crowd booed heavily as Deverell cheated. Deverell went for the Spinning Bulldog, but Pelton countered it into a Sidewalk Slam. Pelton started firing up and the crowd was behind him when he hit two straight clotheslines -- not the Japanese-style lariat, just the classic clothesline. He body slammed Deverell and dropped an elbow into Deverell’s chest and got a near fall. Deverell kicked out and Pelton lifted him up and went to lock in the Spice Rack, but Zippy slid off of him and rolled him up. Bret Graveson was watching Pelton’s shoulders, so Zippy was able to get his legs on the middle rope for extra leverage and got the three count and Zippy Deverell was once again Indiana Heavyweight Champion!

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Zippy Deverell defeated Pepper Pelton in 14:03 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Zippy Deverell wins the CWI Indiana title.

Match Rating

qu4h6sU.jpg

05TFh3q.png

<td>A1qVEOl.jpgbU1IQXb.jpgp4OOB6s.jpg

All three members of The War Maidens came to the ring. Urena Frost was wearing a spectacular Viking regalia. Diamond and Neema were not dressed in wrestling gear, because they weren’t wrestling. All three women got into the ring and Black Diamond handed Urena Frost a microphone.

Frost, “For two full years, I’ve been here busting my ass. Same with talia. Diamond has been here since almost the beginning. We have been the backbone of the women’s division. Talia and I are former World Women’s Tag Team Champions. Tonight, I conquer the next mountain. Tonight, I am going to beat Felicia Luck within an inch of wanting to retire and then I’m going to take the CWI Women’s Championship from her. Tonight, I cement myself as the top woman in the company. I’m going to break you, Felicia.”

Frost handed the microphone to Talia Neema and the other two members of the War Maidens got out of the ring and took positions around the ring.

Angle Rating

5etM6Na.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

05TFh3q.png

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

RuupRFH.jpg

A1qVEOl.jpgmmWyz8z.jpgo9mNgM8.jpg

The Women’s Championship match was up next. Frost had Neema and Diamond in her corner -- though both women were back away from the ring and it was clear that they weren’t there to interfere but just to provide some moral support. Felicia Luck came to the ring with the Women’s Title. She’s only the second Women’s Champion in CWI history and was coming into the ring with six successful defences -- Steph Blake had seven, so Luck could tie Blake with a victory here. The match started off slow. Both women were taking this match extra serious and the early lockups showed that. They jockeyed for position and pushed each other around the ring. Luck had the upper-hand early on and was able to come out on top of the grapples and hit some stiff strikes to Frost. Frost kept trying to get a hold of Luck but Luck stayed out of reach and launched multiple kicks to the lower body. Luck went for an early Lucky Strike, which turned out to be a mistake, because Frost ducked under the knee and was able to hit a Snap German Suplex and took control. Frost was in the zone. All of her offense was crisp. She hit several snap suplexes that had just the right amount of snap. She hit a Second Rope Legdrop that got a near fall. She was dialed in and it was clear that her and Luck were natural opponents for one another. Frost hit a TKO that got another nearfall. She went for The Lunar Assault, her Triple Jump Moonsault, but Luck got her knees up into the midsection. Luck went back on the offensive attack. She hit a Running European Uppercut that dropped Frost and got the champion a near fall. Luck came off the second rope for a Tornado DDT that got her another near fall. The crowd was very excited by this point. Felicia Luck went for another Lucky Strike, but again Urena Frost got out of the way. She hit her BattleCry and then The Lunar Assault and got the victory and Urena Frost won the Women’s Championship!

In an exceptional match, Urena Frost defeated Felicia Luck in 14:33 by pinfall with The Lunar Assault. Urena Frost wins the CWI Women's Championship.

Match Rating

q83BNGO.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Semi-Main Event

One fall to a finish

Sixty Minute Time Limit

wEHCd01.jpgwEHCd01.jpg

r0deLiz.jpg7FJXGZm.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

xIWAXRi.jpg8GJOWa9.jpgxuZwatk.jpgQXbwz0V.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

MT95rPy.jpgFxYPpX4.jpg

mmWyz8z.jpg

iqzc6iZ.jpg4Bu7oUK.jpgxuZwatk.jpgqYmW8S4.jpg

The Tag Team Titles were on the line in the semi-final match up in a match style that CWI had never used before. Four tag teams, first team to score a pinfall or submission would leaves as the Tag Team Champions. Andrew Gibson leaped at the opportunity to have his duo -- who have been unstoppable over the last year -- defend their Tag Titles against three teams. It could turn out to have been a bad decision. The uniqueness of the contest really had the fans interested -- and it was also the first time The Texas Express wrestled in Indianapolis. In this match, one member from each team was in the ring at a time and they could tag out to only their partner. This made it a difficult assignment for referee Bret Graveson, but he did the best he could. It was clear that as talented and entertaining as The Player’s Club are, they were also the least-skilled of the four teams in the match. Diaz and Dreadnought are turning into fantastic heavyweight style wrestlers and have really gelled as a duo. American Gold’s hyper-athletic babyface style was in contrast to The Texas Express Southern-style babyface tag team style and all of it worked. The Texas Express and American Gold had some moments where the members of their teams were facing off and that really had the crowd interested, despite both being babyface teams. Each team came close to winning, but as the match went on, The Texas Express and American Gold took to the floor brawling with one another. Both teams had worked in USPW and there was clearly a desire for each team to prove they were better than the other. This left The Player’s Club and Bred for Battle in the ring. Jack Pryde ate a Running Asian Thumb Spike that took Pryde out of the match. This left Charlie Corner -- and Bred for Battle broke out something they have not yet broken out. They broke out their duo move Sins of Our Fathers -- which is a mouthful to say, but was a devastating move. James Diaz hit a Thunderous Powerbomb on Corner and then Dreadnought came off the top rope with a Moonsault that seemed to defy all the laws of physics. Diaz played the guard role while referee Bret Graveson counted the three and Bred for Battle notched their sixth defence of the Tag Team Championship.

In an exceptional match, Bred for Battle defeated American Gold, The Texas Express and The Player's Club in 18:24 when Dreadnought pinned Charlie Corner with a Sins of Our Fathers. Bred for Battle make defence number six of the CWI Tag Team.

Match Rating

5etM6Na.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Main Event

Singles Match

Sixty Minute Time Limit

mXeiJhB.jpg

rqaDjDy.jpg?1mmWyz8z.jpgXyUhxy3.jpg?1

The main event of the evening was the first time Nate DeMarcus and The Hangman have stood in the ring with one another in singles competition -- and the first time in two years that they’ve been in the ring with each other at all (their only previous encounter was in the battle royal on the first show). The Hangman came out and treated this match differently. He clearly had respect for Nate DeMarcus -- who had been on a roll the last few months with victories over Bear Barnes, three eliminations and the win in the Turmoil match, and a win over One Man Army last month. The Hangman had still not been knocked off of his feet, let alone defeated. The early portions of this match were all strikes from both men -- with both men stumbling around the ring, before The Hangman took control. He pummeled Nate DeMarcus with hard hits and several big slams. The crowd was all over The Hangman, who fired right back in the kind of way you want to see at an indy show. It’s clear The Hangman had charisma coming out of his ears. He hit a Big Boot and Choke Slam combo -- something that had finished every opponent he had been in the ring with, but Nate DeMarcus dug deep and kicked out and the crowd exploded. The Hangman’s eyes went wide and for the first time The Hangman looked rattled. DeMarcus started firing up with punches and The Hangman staggered. Nate hit the ropes and came back with a big clothesline that staggered The Hangman but he didn’t fall. A second clothesline staggered him once more -- and The Hangman look wobbly. Nate went for a third clothesline, but was caught by a big powerslam that almost won The Hangman the match. The Hangman picked Nate DeMarcus up and looked like he wanted to finish him off -- but then Nate DeMarcus surprised the whole building when he lifted The Hangman up and brought him crashing down to the mat in the biggest powerslam that CWI had ever seen. The Hangman had been knocked off his feet! For the first time ever The Hangman had been knocked off his feet! The Hangman rolled out of the ring stunned. He was not used to being knocked off his feet and he did not look happy. He got back in the ring and Nate DeMarcus looked like a man supremely confident in his abilities -- right up until The Hangman field-goal kicked him in the lower extremities and Jez McArthur was forced to disqualify him.

In an exceptional match, Nate DeMarcus defeated The Hangman in 14:19 by disqualification.

Match Rating

q83BNGO.jpg

05TFh3q.png

Overall Rating

465CtnG.jpg

<td></tr></table>

</div>

BSDR4iO.png

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis was in action in Bloomington for the first show of the 2022 series of shows in the home of Indiana University. The show was attended by mostly college students and they seemed to have a very good time.

The show started with "New York's Finest" Egon Merowitz getting a victory against rookie Raul Rogers -- who has drawn some early comparisons to Chris Caulfield.

Minnesota Awesome got a win over the lumberjack cousins of Madelon David and Rousset Barry, who have been drawing comparisons to the McWades.

Rafe Sashay came out for an interview segment where he hyped an upcoming match with Conner Threepwood. Sashay's promo was a shining point on the night.

"The Rock" Robin DaLay beat Walter Blackhawk in a battle between the Canadian Blonds and the Dog Soldiers.

The semi-final match was a six-woman tag that saw the War Maidens score a victory over Allie Perks, Mellow Flashhart, and Yvonne Ericks.

The main event saw One Man Army get a victory over luchador Angel Flyer.

uoEa8xj.png

In other news, CWI has signed a rookie referee from Indiana, Andre Lane. Lane is 19 years old and is attending Indiana University and is studying Sports Management.

Championship Wrestling from Indianapolis is also said to be aggressively scouting new talent to bring in. They have several local wrestlers who are not considered to be part of the 'full-time' roster who are signed on to compete in Edinburgh and Bloomington, but they are also said to be looking for more wrestlers to populate these shows.

DQ9HiYG.png

Omg I got the main event right! :eek:

You did! I was very surprised by that!

Nate DeMarcus got the PJ Strong spot, good for him. He's been the guy to watch since the start and now his title program can commence. I'm unsure who'll win the feud though :3.

Nate was the guy to take that spot. I like Nate a lot, but that's why The Hangman had opponents that didn't have a lot of build -- because I had to build Nate into a credible program for The Hangman.

In a surprise upset it will be Rafe Sashay.

Experts say 2022 is Rafe Sashay's year. :rolleyes:

I actually really like Rafe Sashay. He could be a break out star!

wSdfNqm.png

I sat on the couch in the entryway to the office area downstairs from my home. It had turned into a nice space. Mark and Andrew were in talking to the people from Edinburgh and Bloomington. They had done the leg work to get us those gigs. I was proud of how they were developing as lieutenants. Every wrestling promoter and booker needed lieutenants and they were mine. In Bloomington, they had also helped me find two new recruits to the office side of things. Both were college students at Indiana University.

I looked over at the two of them. They were still on winter break and were working on some paperwork to be 'employees' of the company. I was insistent that if they were going to be in the office, even as stooges, they had the right paperwork for insurance and taxes.

n83N2iV.jpg

Andre was my third referee, but the kid was studying Sports Management at IU. He had high hopes of being on the business side of sports and was smart as a whip, especially for a 20-year old. He wasn't going to be fultime in the office because of his class schedule, but he would be useful. He could help in Bloomington with the Bloomington shows and could become a really good referee. Jez was passed his 50th birthday and was also working for NYCW -- he only came out for our big shows. I didn't want to overwork Bret and having a young referee he could teach would be helpful. Who knows, maybe Andre could be my version of Jay fair.

TiIkT9w.jpg

Taylor Gordy was in his last semester of school, studying Telecommunications. He had a great mind for video production. He was going to head up the website videos and hopefully would increase the quality of content we were producing. He also was good on the microphone and could be a ring announcer or interviewer as well. Steffi was doing a great job, but she was also about to go on maternity leave. She'd finish the February show but then she'd be gone for awhile. She may not come back and Taylor would be a good fill in.

I was building a good squad of young guys to surround myself with. Young and hungry backstage staff that could help me push CWI forward. I wanted to be as efficient as Mid Atlantic Wrestling. I didn't want to go the way of Championship Wrestling from Tenneessee or Pro Wrestling SAISHO -- or what looks to be happening to Championship Wrestling from Wigan and FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling. CWT and PWS had both closed. CWW and FCW were both in intense debt and looked like they would be closing soon if something didn't change. Mid Atlantic Wrestling was stable. They had seventeen years of operations. I wanted that. These guys would hopefully get me there.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I looked at the number.

LUbeWQU.jpg

"Ozzie, what can I do for you?"

I heard him take a deep breath on the other end. "So I'm taking a deal with the CWA."

Well shit. "Oh. Well good for you. That's a great opportunity." It was, for him, but it sucked for me.

"Yeah. I'm glad to have the opportunity. The only issue is they want me to start full time in twenty-eight days." He told me. Then it clicked. 28 days. He wouldn't be at our February show.

"But Ozzie, we've got Hoosier Hysteria in 34 days."

"I know, but it was a condition of the contract. They need me for the house show loops starting then."

"You just cut a big promo at New Year Scramble. You can't cut the promo and be gone."

"My hands are tied, Marv."

"F**k that. Your hands aren't tied. You tell them that you have to finish your date for me. You tell them that you made a commitment to me and you have to honor it."

"Marv, if I go in there and play hardball like that I'm going to lose the job -- and I'm not willing to lose the job. It's almost $208,000 on the downside. I can't play hardball with that money. It's a three year deal with that as the minimum. I'm not walking away from over $620,000, Marv. Not to work one date for you and put someone over."

I almost threw my phone against the wall. "Ozzie, you're a professional. I helped resurrect your career. I gave you a platform to show that you still had it. You owe me."

"I don't owe you, Marv. I don't owe anybody. I worked hard for you. You paid me. I did the job I was paid to do. I'm grateful, but I don't owe you."

I had never been good with anger or anger control. If he was here, I would probably choke the life out of him. "Ozzie, we've known each other seventeen years. Come on. Don't you feel any kind of loyalty?"

"Seventeen years is a long time, Marv -- but business is business and I've got a mortgage to pay. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is."

He hung up the phone and I was left holding my own. This was going to change things. Again. Damn it all to hell.

Not been here for a few days but had to say that I'm continuing to love the excerpts with Marvin and all the backstage shenanigans. Loving the drama and it continues to breathe life into the project. Excellent work, fella.

Thank you very much!

Marv vs Canada is my favourite feud.

It's only just begun.

BSDR4iO.png

Championship Wrestling held two shows in the past two weeks. One in Edinburgh Indiana and one in Bloomington. These were the second shows in the 2022 series in these two towns.

The Edinburgh show featured the following:

The opening contest saw Minnesota Awesome defeat The Mission in a hotly contested Tag Team bout.

That was followed up by Mellow Flashhart getting a win over Merryl Lavoie.

Bear Barnes defeated "Bump Machine" Ben Williams.

Reece & Wells scored a tag team victory over Joy Ryder and Francis Harris.

The main event saw Hank Gunn score a big victory over Brutus Milano.

uoEa8xj.png

The Bloomington show featured the following:

Minnesota Awesome defeated the team of Iggy Riot and Raul Rogers.

Mellow Flashhart defeated Francis Harris.

The Taggs defeated Lance Guida and Roger Christison.

The main event saw Zippy Deverell and Mr. Grappling go to a time limit draw for the Indiana Heavyweight Championship, giving Zippy the title defense.

DQ9HiYG.png