[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2024

Some very minor corrections/updates I've noticed when going through the database. Mostly related to the UK scene, with a couple of Mexico and Japan notes too:

Training Facilities:

• EVE Academy doesn't exist any more, can probably be set to closed around the start of the pandemic.

• The London School of Lucha Libre no longer exists, so can also be set to be closed around the start of the pandemic. Greg Burridge now runs Burridge Fight Design with many of the same students, so this could just be a case of renaming LSLL, though you may want to keep the London School as a closed school to keep track of graduates (see the next section).

• You could create PlayFight as a London-based training facility, run by Cara Noir (https://playfightlondon.com/)

• The CHIKARA Wrestle Factory has reopened, as just the Wrestle Factory.

Graduates

• If you keep London School of Lucha Libre as a closed Training Facility, its graduates should include Will Ospreay and Cara Noir

Company/Contracts:

• think Big Damo should be babyface in PROGRESS
  • Lana Austin should be a heel in PROGRESS
  • Malik should be a heel in PROGRESS
  • Leon Slater should be a face in PROGRESS
  • Taonga shouldn't be on PROGRESS' roster, she's not been there since October 2022.
  • Tom Dawkins should be using the Cara Noir name again in PROGRESS
  • Clementine shouldn't be working for Pro Wrestling EVE
  • Debbie Keitel shouldn't be in EVE, she's not been there for a while
  • Katie Harvey shouldn't be in EVE, she's not worked there since 2020
  • Argenis should be Rudo in AAA
  • Gideon Grey should have a contract with NJPW, and should be part of the United Empire
  • Simon Miller should have a contract with PROGRESS
  • Tom Scarborough shouldn't be contracted to NXT - he's no longer contracted to WWE, and works UK indie shows again
  • Alberto El Patron should be contract to AAA - he's booked for every Triplemania show. Up to you whether he still warrants a scandal.
  • BG James should have a WWE contract
  • Doug Williams shouldn't have an NWA contract any more, 99% sure he's finished up with them
  • SoCal Val and Nigel McGuinness should have PPA handshake contracts with PROGRESS

Venues & Locations:

• Resistance Gallery has closed down, and should be removed

Workers & Relationships:

• Clementine should be retired/possibly left the business
  • Candy Floss should probably also be retired/left the business - currently she has a "Personal Reasons" absence, but I don't think she intends to return to wrestling
  • Argenis is now unmasked
  • Charlie Morgan is set to "currently dating someone outside the wrestling business", but also has a "Dating" relationship with Jetta - only the latter is true
  • Brady Phillips is set to "dating someone outside the wrestling business" - he should be in a relationship with Ivy
  • Clementine should be in a relationship with Charles Crowley
  • Brian Hebner is retired - not easy to reflect for a Referee in-game, so maybe Left The Business?
  • Brian Kendrick should maybe have a starting scandal?
  • Cassandro should have a friendship relationship with Greg Burridge, and a dislike of Konnan
  • Curtis Axel should probably be either retired or on hiatus, as far as I can tell he hasn't wrestled since leaving WWE in 2020, and more recently worked as a producer in 2022
  • Debbie Malenko is signed to WCPro, but set to Retired, with no active roles. She should be semi-active, she's booked in matches this month.
  • Donnie Janela and Joey Janela should have a Blood Relatives relationship
  • Effy should be able to work in the UK
  • There are a handful of CHIKARA gimmicks - most notably Ice Cream Jr and El Hijo del Ice Cream - that were portrayed by other workers already in the game, and don't exist following the closure of CHIKARA. I don't know if the best course would be to delete them, or set them to "Left The Business" in case anyone wants to edit them back in, or "On Hiatus" to reflect that I guess maybe somebody could bring those gimmicks back? But having them as active workers right off the bat seems odd.
  • El Hijo del Santo should probably have some negative relationships with Konnan and the Pena/Roldan family, to reflect the fact that he's unlikely to ever work AAA any time soon
  • Gavin Loudspeaker should probably be set to "Left The Business", I don't think he works in wrestling any more.
  • I think Hallowicked should be Retired
  • Mike Tenay should probably be set to "Left The Business"
  • Negro Casas still has a loyalty to CMLL, despite having left to sign with AAA
  • NOSAWA Rongai should be Retired - he had his last match on Keiji Mutoh's retirement show
  • Rayne Leverkusen should be active in Japan, she's currently on tour with DDT
  • Robert Gibson's overness in the US is currently quite a bit higher than Ricky Morton's - if anything, they should be the other way around, or at least equal
  • Shane and Stephanie McMahon should probably both be loyal to WWE, and On Hiatus

It's probably one for the RWC+ thread, but if I ever have time, I might look at suggesting stats or making my own importable database for some other British promotions, talent, and particularly supporting roles like refs, announcers and so on, to help flesh things out there.

Edited by Skummy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lennylomangino2 said:

Any plans on adding XPW maybe for the next release? just think it would be interesting

Can't say it wouldn't be funny having a hellhole like that in the mod but personally I've got no desire to spend time adding more nonces, sex offenders and people who stick syringes in their dicks

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Questlove said:

Can't say it wouldn't be funny having a hellhole like that in the mod but personally I've got no desire to spend time adding more nonces, sex offenders and people who stick syringes in their dicks

Yea I get that just thought it would be funny and considering GCW And ICWNHB are in the game thought it would be interesting

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Gourdie11 said:

Maybe i'm being silly here ( i haven't been here in a while) but i can't seem to find how to download the april update? is it only graphics updates or i can't seem to see the db updates 🫡

It's on the first page of this thread but you may as well wait it out. The June update will likely be out any day now.

New Release!

RWC June 2023 JPG Edition
RWC June 2023 GIF Edition

JD6W2EN.png

Actwres girl'Z as a brand new company, 65 new workers and almost all event schedules updated this time around (only ones missing are some Japanese companies, I started pretty late). I wanted to get a lot more done on Mexico in particular for this update but there's quite a few changes and new workers there for the time being - August is probably going to be a strongly lucha focused update so if that's your thing, there's something to look forward to. As always, enjoy and keep posting problems here and in the Discord, hopefully I haven't missed anything too major!

Also gotta give a big shoutout to Idol who came up with a Photoshop action to batch convert SAMPP and remove the black border and joemurphy who's done incredible work on his latest SAMPP update which will be out any day now. It really pops on logos with colour, you can see it on the screenshot I posted above.

Edited by Questlove
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Questlove said:

New Release!

RWC June 2023 JPG Edition
RWC June 2023 GIF Edition

JD6W2EN.png

Actwres girl'Z as a brand new company, 65 new workers and almost all event schedules updated this time around (only ones missing are some Japanese companies, I started pretty late). I wanted to get a lot more done on Mexico in particular for this update but there's quite a few changes and new workers there for the time being - August is probably going to be a strongly lucha focused update so if that's your thing, there's something to look forward to. As always, enjoy and keep posting problems here and in the Discord, hopefully I haven't missed anything too major!

Also gotta give a big shoutout to Idol who came up with a Photoshop action to batch convert SAMPP and remove the black border and joemurphy who's done incredible work on his latest SAMPP update which will be out any day now. It really pops on logos with colour, you can see it on the screenshot I posted above.

great work as always! thanks for all your hard work you put into this great mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UEbLAcktU&feature=youtu.be

A deeper cut, but based on recent events/this interview. Ram Kaichow should be activated as being active for both the US (as she made her US debut this month) and the UK (as she expresses that something may be happening soon there in the above linked interview)

Edited by Chikbot

50 minutes ago, HamKing said:

Gotta ask: what the difference between jpg abd gif version?

oJkBJL3_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

jpeg version, worker images are as seen in the top left corner of that image. The gif version looks like the ones shown in the top right (bordered by company logo or stable logo depending on which screen you are on in game)