[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2024

3 minutes ago, 23crowderb said:

So I was really hoping for a November release for my save, because I think now is such a good time to jump in during the week of Crown Jewel for a real good long term save. If there isn't a November update tho, what should I change in the October update to make it the most realistic. (Just looking for America companies, not really worried about anything else) i.e. signings, title changes etc. Not counting Crown Jewel of course. I haven't downloaded the October update yet either because I was waiting for the Nov one to drop.

Joining the discord is probably your best bet. They upload the changelog so you can see what they're updating each time. They've already added some stuff to that as well for the month

1 hour ago, CtBurgos said:

Joining the discord is probably your best bet. They upload the changelog so you can see what they're updating each time. They've already added some stuff to that as well for the month

Alright, would you happen to have a link to the discord please. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 2:47 AM, Questlove said:

Poll for you guys to vote on: do you think NJPW/NJoA and AEW/ROH should be combined into one company with sub-brands regardless of potential broadcaster wonkiness and weird AI handling? 

https://strawpoll.com/YVyPmzBE9nN

I'm almost definitely doing this for NJPW/NJoA either way because it just works a lot better for the player, I don't think a lot of people really book NJoA and would rather just book the American brand alongside the main company, it's definitely the way I prefer it as well. 

The big question is AEW/ROH - it would work better for the player booking AEW I think (as far as having the fluidity to use ROH guys as much as you want, the 4th show would be awful), but the obvious downside is you wouldn't be able to book just ROH anymore and they would no longer be recognised as their own company.

the problem for me with AEW/ROH is just how bloated it makes everything feel 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 11:47 AM, Questlove said:

Poll for you guys to vote on: do you think NJPW/NJoA and AEW/ROH should be combined into one company with sub-brands regardless of potential broadcaster wonkiness and weird AI handling? 

https://strawpoll.com/YVyPmzBE9nN

I'm almost definitely doing this for NJPW/NJoA either way because it just works a lot better for the player, I don't think a lot of people really book NJoA and would rather just book the American brand alongside the main company, it's definitely the way I prefer it as well. 

The big question is AEW/ROH - it would work better for the player booking AEW I think (as far as having the fluidity to use ROH guys as much as you want, the 4th show would be awful), but the obvious downside is you wouldn't be able to book just ROH anymore and they would no longer be recognised as their own company.

I can see it making sense for NJPW/NJOA, but admittedly haven’t done a save as either, so can’t speak to it really.

I don’t think it makes any sense for AEW/ROH.

ROH should be set up as a child company, with everyone there mostly on developmental deals, so that they can be borrowed/called up when needed by the player/AI. obviously the main AEW talent that also hold titles/appear there should be on loan contracts.

That there solves the talent usage issue.

as someone else said. Would just be way too bloated. I think if someone wants to control both at once, the best thing is to just add a player. 

1 hour ago, Cor99 said:

I can see it making sense for NJPW/NJOA, but admittedly haven’t done a save as either, so can’t speak to it really.

I don’t think it makes any sense for AEW/ROH.

ROH should be set up as a child company, with everyone there mostly on developmental deals, so that they can be borrowed/called up when needed by the player/AI. obviously the main AEW talent that also hold titles/appear there should be on loan contracts.

That there solves the talent usage issue.

as someone else said. Would just be way too bloated. I think if someone wants to control both at once, the best thing is to just add a player. 

Except ROH and AEW share a roster and there are ROH title matches on AEW programming. Brand split makes the most sense. 

15 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Except ROH and AEW share a roster and there are ROH title matches on AEW programming. Brand split makes the most sense. 

Buuuuut... they have a separate streaming service for ROH so how could that be implemented without AEW shows appearing on the ROH stream? If I was still doing the mod I'd keep them separate but... I'm not so whatever gets decided is of no issue (I edit it to my own liking anyway). 🙂

1 minute ago, Fleisch said:

Buuuuut... they have a separate streaming service for ROH so how could that be implemented without AEW shows appearing on the ROH stream? If I was still doing the mod I'd keep them separate but... I'm not so whatever gets decided is of no issue (I edit it to my own liking anyway). 🙂

You can own more than one streaming service in TEW. It's hard to set up properly for the AI, but for players playing as AEW, a brand split is almost a must due to the way shows are done. ROH is filmed with AEW tapings and the staff and roster overlap heavily. There's no real ideal way to handle the situation, but I think a brand split is the cleanest method of things. 

1 hour ago, Kiheiji said:

I haven't done any of this in TEW20 (I did it in '16), but in the situation where you put NXT/ROH as a brand, do you get penalties because the roster isn't as over? Do you have to set it as a B-show?

ROH is absolutely a b show and the ppvs should be set as "lesser" events imo

On 12/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, Jaysin said:

I get what you mean.

Most of the roster doesn’t overlap that much tbh. It’s weird in the sense that MJF holds a title but never appeared on ROH programming. HungBucks held the trios titles and never appeared.

I think the way it’s currently set up, where the talent that appear on both have contracts on both, and then the others can be set to developmental deals so they can still be borrowed/taken.

the titles thing is obviously an issue, but I feel like the average player playing as AEW doesn’t end up using ROH that way anyway.

Our opinions don’t really matter at the end of the day, QuestLove can build it how he wants and I’ll still support it. Just IMO, most of the benefit to making them a brand, can be done/worked around as a child company. Where the negatives can’t be the other way around.

• Like 7

My personal opinion, I agree with Jaysin that it makes most sense to have ROH as a brand split in a vacuum. That said, I'm not sure how many people who watch AEW have any interest in ROH and for me personally if I was doing an AEW save I'd just be annoyed having to deal with all the ROH stuff before starting. So, I'm going to keep them separate. With the way they're set up as a child company it should be fairly easy to absorb them if you want anyway.

• Like 8

Here's the way I did the ROH/AEW and NJoA/NJPW in my database:

NJPW/NJoA I keep separate because it's basically a sister company of New Japan or a child company in a sense.  Not all of their talent is interchangeable or that NJoA talent goes on New Japan Tours and the like. 

As for AEW and ROH.... I did a brand split: All Elite and Honor.  Honor being ROH, and all active titles moved from ROH to AEW, with ROH the original owner.  The ROH brand (Company Brand 2) has the Men's and Women's World (Primary), Pure (Secondary, Pure Wrestling), Men's and Women's World Television (Secondary, Often TV title defenses), World Tag Team, and World Six Man Tag Team titles on the brand, as well as also giving them the Survival of the Fittest to be competed for at Final Battle in a six way singles match.

Roster wise? Sure, it gives AEW roughly 180 full-time active workers.  Most are as mentioned interchangeable.  Champions that appear on Dynamite/Rampage often I'd set to no brand, but if they appear on Collision/ROH, I may just set them to ROH.  

ROH is a minor brand with ROH setups for its show.  They have three events that are ROH exclusive just as they are, and TV is 90 minutes held on Saturday, shown on Thursday (since it is wrap-around taped at Collision).  I setup the AEW PPV events accordingly to offset as AEW-specific except for Double or Nothing and All In.  

I've tested it out but can't be perfect, just the best way for the AI to handle the oversaturation of AEW/ROH.  

Although with TK now stating that ROH is more developmental, it could easily stay now as a child company.

I'm actually playing as owner of AEW in the January '23 database, I don't know about head booker, but as owner, you can just remove the development deal with ROH and the AI will run itself, hiring workers on its own, while still allowing you to make most the same changes as  you can with AEW, you can't book their matches, hire their workers, change their announce team, or institute brand splits. But you can do most other changes, including moving their titles between your promotion, and other promotions you've taken over.

Though among the downsides is, you obviously can't send workers there for development and any workers that were on development deals there are automatically returned to your roster.

Edited by YBDynamo

Posted (edited)

NEW RELEASE!

RWC January 2024 GIF Edition

Earlier than I planned because I can't be arsed working on it anymore, especially after work this week. Enjoy! I haven't made a changelog but you can find all the additions on the Discord as usual.

I don't know for sure but I'm leaning towards this being my last RWC because I only really enjoy a small portion of the crap I have to watch to keep this updated and it's such a time sink for a game I don't even like or play at all. If I was going to work on something I'd far rather be doing the 2005 mod, but we'll see.

Edited by Questlove
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Questlove said:

NEW RELEASE!

Earlier than I planned because I can't be arsed working on it anymore, especially after work this week. Enjoy! I haven't made a changelog but you can find all the additions on the Discord as usual.

I don't know for sure but I'm leaning towards this being my last RWC because I only really enjoy a small portion of the crap I have to watch to keep this updated and it's such a time sink for a game I don't even like or play at all. If I was going to work on something I'd far rather be doing the 2005 mod, but we'll see.

If this is the last then thank you! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Questlove said:

NEW RELEASE!

If this is really the last, I'm glad you chose this month for be the one to go out on, because this is by far one of the most interesting times to be a fan in a while and there's so many places the wrestling world could go from here. Hope that no matter which mod you choose to work on going forward you enjoy it more. And if you choose to work on nothing at all then I hope you love that too.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Questlove said:

If I was going to work on something I'd far rather be doing the 2005 mod, but we'll see.

thank you for evreything you do

cant wait for the 2005  mod

On 1/1/2024 at 4:25 PM, NYCityBoy417 said:

I really need a JPG edition. All my worker photos are in jpg. Is there a way to change the gif. edition to a jpg edition?

You can mass edit them to switch all pictures to jpg. You can choose picture becomes 'Their Name.jpg' or picture becomes JPG format.

Edited by YBDynamo

There wasn't an Tag Festival Logo @DPW set, so i cut the Year and Location from 2023 out and created this for the January Update.

Edit: added Updated Version with 1px Black Border

Bild_2024-01-03_034358973.png

DPW Tag Festival.jpg

Edited by RouxBTV
  • Like 3