[RELEASE] Real World Chronicles 2024

7 hours ago, Kosmos412 said:

Noticed Maika has a retirement age of 25. Was that intended for Himeka, who is retiring at the age of 25 currently? I'd die IRL if Maika retired this young, haha.

Thanks.

Just me being dumb, will fix. Oopsie 

16 hours ago, wphill said:

I mean the dude has 4.2 million Twitter followers. He has the same pop as Kenny Omega who has 570k followers so while I like the idea of the "casual" fame thing, it doesn't really stack up. I'm not complaining at all, whoever puts their heart and soul into this mod can rate pop however they see fit, we can always mass edit to our liking. For me, Seth Rollins would be around a 72 to 75. He's still getting great reactions every week on the second most watched wrestling show on tv but it's a subjective opinion and the awesome mod makers have their reasons why he's rated lower.

I don't tend to take Twitter followers into account because they're not really a good indicator of anything. You kind of get followers by default just by being in WWE, especially if you post a lot - like you said, Seth has 4.2mil followers but Brock only has 1.4mil despite being a far bigger star. Kenny has 570k but Curtis Axel has 620k. 

When I'm rating overseas I do consider recognition amongst casual fans but I also try to consider how many of those would actually follow the guy in question were they to go somewhere else and frankly I'd be astonished if Seth was at that level of popularity. Could he do with a bit of a buff? Maybe, but one of WWE's biggest issues for a few years now imo (other than sucking) has been their lack of star power and this has been when Seth has been on top for large periods of time. If I was to bump him up to 72-75 he'd fall under Major Star perception which is just not the case. I've been toying with the idea of raising WWE's popularity but leaving the worker pop mostly the way it is so they have very few workers sitting at Star perception which I think is the reality of their situation but I think people would get annoyed at being dinged for a lack of star power in game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Questlove said:

I don't tend to take Twitter followers into account because they're not really a good indicator of anything. You kind of get followers by default just by being in WWE, especially if you post a lot - like you said, Seth has 4.2mil followers but Brock only has 1.4mil despite being a far bigger star. Kenny has 570k but Curtis Axel has 620k. 

When I'm rating overseas I do consider recognition amongst casual fans but I also try to consider how many of those would actually follow the guy in question were they to go somewhere else and frankly I'd be astonished if Seth was at that level of popularity. Could he do with a bit of a buff? Maybe, but one of WWE's biggest issues for a few years now imo (other than sucking) has been their lack of star power and this has been when Seth has been on top for large periods of time. If I was to bump him up to 72-75 he'd fall under Major Star perception which is just not the case. I've been toying with the idea of raising WWE's popularity but leaving the worker pop mostly the way it is so they have very few workers sitting at Star perception which I think is the reality of their situation but I think people would get annoyed at being dinged for a lack of star power in game.

Totally agree, that's exactly why you can't rate them that way and use the old analogy of 'if I ask a non wrestling fan who x is' because Twitter would suggest that millions more people would know who Seth Rollins is. Does it mean he's more 'over' than Kenny Omega? That's for you to decide as the mod maker and I won't complain because it's your opinion and you are the guys spending all this time on creating an awesome mod for the community. All I can say is that in my opinion, a few WWE guys are a little low on pop when you take into account recent ratings and attendance in comparison to AEW and I'm absolutely fine with tweaking those stats myself in the editor. 

31 minutes ago, wphill said:

Totally agree, that's exactly why you can't rate them that way and use the old analogy of 'if I ask a non wrestling fan who x is' because Twitter would suggest that millions more people would know who Seth Rollins is. Does it mean he's more 'over' than Kenny Omega? That's for you to decide as the mod maker and I won't complain because it's your opinion and you are the guys spending all this time on creating an awesome mod for the community. All I can say is that in my opinion, a few WWE guys are a little low on pop when you take into account recent ratings and attendance in comparison to AEW and I'm absolutely fine with tweaking those stats myself in the editor. 

I'm happy to take suggestions on what people think some better numbers would be, it's constantly being tested and changed. I've already made hundreds of changes since the March release so that was never by any means the finished product so to speak when it came to popularity. Off the top of my head Seth is up to 68, Becky up to 70, Orton up to 72, Rey up to 60, Sami up to 65, Cena up to 83, WWE as a company is up to 71 and there's been some small reductions in AEW as well because I feel like there wasn't enough of a gap between WWE and them - realistically they aren't catching up any time soon and AEW under the AI tends to grow way too fast so I'm trying to at least slow that down.

Edited by Questlove

I checked the "changes" file that was in the file to import one by one the new workers, and while most new workers were indeed in the mod, for some reason I couldn't find the following ones:
Bryson Montana
Bronco Nima
Tank Ledger
Jakara Jackson
Lola Vice
Myles Borne
Oba Femi
Tavion Heights
Megan Morant

Did I screw up somehow by deleting them, or does anyone else have the same problem ?

Absolutely love this mod by the way, and I'm really excited for some of the workers added since I won't have to replace them by someone else in my save to fill their spot in a "must hire" shortlist. There are still 2 of them I've yet to find in any mod, but considering how little matches they have (and even then, mostly as jobbers) I wouldn't expect them anyway 😛

47 minutes ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

I checked the "changes" file that was in the file to import one by one the new workers, and while most new workers were indeed in the mod, for some reason I couldn't find the following ones:
Bryson Montana
Bronco Nima
Tank Ledger
Jakara Jackson
Lola Vice
Myles Borne
Oba Femi
Tavion Heights
Megan Morant

Did I screw up somehow by deleting them, or does anyone else have the same problem ?

Absolutely love this mod by the way, and I'm really excited for some of the workers added since I won't have to replace them by someone else in my save to fill their spot in a "must hire" shortlist. There are still 2 of them I've yet to find in any mod, but considering how little matches they have (and even then, mostly as jobbers) I wouldn't expect them anyway 😛

They're in under their real names but I put the gimmick names in the changes log, my bad. Here they are:

Bryson Montana - Jacoby Brooks
Bronco Nima - Edwin Grande
Tank Ledger - Joe Spivak
Jakara Jackson - Jamara Garrett
Lola Vice - Valerie Loureda
Myles Borne - David Bostian
Oba Femi - Isaac Odugbesan
Tavion Heights - Tracy G'Angelo
Megan Morant - Megan O'Brien

14 hours ago, Dylan_Daviz said:

Matt Menard is in the database twice, as Matt Menard and Matt Lee.

14 hours ago, Dylan_Daviz said:

Angelo Parker is also in the database twice, as Angelo Parker and Jeff Parker.

These are RWC+ duplicates, think it was fixed in the latest release. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:05 PM, Cor99 said:

Hey Quest, thanks for the work as always.

When changing the pops, have you also adjusted TV Network expectations, general TV audience, live crowd attendance and such?

I can't remember now if it all made it in for the March update but yeah, it's quite accurate at the moment. The one downside is WWE are unable to get the massive attendance for Wrestlemania (same with NJPW and WK iirc) without making all their other PPV attendances wildly inflated but I'd rather balance for the other 11 months of the year and people can just give themselves a boost for the big shows if they fancy it

• Like 2

Has anyone got updated/custom pics (GIF Version) of:

Adam Page, Andrade El Idolo, Angelo Parker, Diamante, Keira Hogan, Matt Lee, Nyla Rose, Skye Blue, Shawn Spears & Wheeler Yuta.

Charlotte Flair, Emma, JBL, Mustafa Ali, Piper Niven, Shelton Benjamin, Solo Sikoa, Tegan Nox & Trish Stratus.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jackson99
Addition to names

On 3/19/2023 at 7:53 PM, AboardTheArk said:

Hey, congratulations on this mod, I have downloaded so many versions of it over the years, really appreciate the work you do. 

Question that maybe has been explained/answered but it's 89 pages of posts: Is there a reason BJW has higher popularity than AJPW?

Just an oversight really, I've reworked the pops for Japanese companies and workers for the next update so the hierarchy is now more like this:

NJPW >>> STARDOM > NOAH > DG > DDT > AJPW > BJW > TJPW > ZERO1 > GLEAT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Questlove said:

Just an oversight really, I've reworked the pops for Japanese companies and workers for the next update so the hierarchy is now more like this:

NJPW >>> STARDOM > NOAH > DG > DDT > AJPW > BJW > TJPW > ZERO1 > GLEAT

I would say the landscape currently should look NJPW > STARDOM > NOAH > TJPW  > AJPW > DG > DDT > BJW > ZERO1 > GLEAT (With there not being much/any difference between TJPW/AJPW/DG and quite a gap between the top 3 and the rest ).

I'd probably argue that STARDOM should be below NOAH due to STARDOM not even reaching crowds of 2000 recently and NOAH not long having both an 8000+ and 30000+ attendance but it's not a hill I'm going to die on.

Again, these are only how I'd rank them - you can ignore it if you wish. 🙂

6 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I would say the landscape currently should look NJPW > STARDOM > NOAH > TJPW  > AJPW > DG > DDT > BJW > ZERO1 > GLEAT (With there not being much/any difference between TJPW/AJPW/DG and quite a gap between the top 3 and the rest ).

I'd probably argue that STARDOM should be below NOAH due to STARDOM not even reaching crowds of 2000 recently and NOAH not long having both an 8000+ and 30000+ attendance but it's not a hill I'm going to die on.

Again, these are only how I'd rank them - you can ignore it if you wish. 🙂

I think it's a toss up between NOAH and STARDOM for number 2 really, could go either way. I went for STARDOM but only by like 2 pop points just because they've consistently outsold NOAH for a year (as have DG, but probably not in the last few months) on their own merits. NOAH had a big boost from the Mutoh retirement run and NJPW collabs but I've largely ignored those numbers because the real test will be how they do going forward imo and judging by the last show's attendance it's tough to say if they've capitalised on having more eyes on them temporarily.

As for TJPW and ZERO1, I had TJPW that low because TJPW were selling less than BJW and ZERO1 shockingly only slightly less than that but they're a weird one because they use stars from bigger companies which the game doesn't really take into account. It seems like in more recent attendances BJW have fallen off a cliff though

Japanese popularity is annoying to do, it fluctuates so wildly it's tough to keep track of or interpret 

Edited by Questlove

1 hour ago, Questlove said:

I think it's a toss up between NOAH and STARDOM for number 2 really, could go either way. I went for STARDOM but only by like 2 pop points just because they've consistently outsold NOAH for a year (as have DG, but probably not in the last few months) on their own merits. NOAH had a big boost from the Mutoh retirement run and NJPW collabs but I've largely ignored those numbers because the real test will be how they do going forward imo and judging by the last show's attendance it's tough to say if they've capitalised on having more eyes on them temporarily.

As for TJPW and ZERO1, I had TJPW that low because TJPW were selling less than BJW and ZERO1 shockingly only slightly less than that but they're a weird one because they use stars from bigger companies which the game doesn't really take into account. It seems like in more recent attendances BJW have fallen off a cliff though

Japanese popularity is annoying to do, it fluctuates so wildly it's tough to keep track of or interpret 

I agree, i'd say NOAH has boosted recently from working with NJPW and also Shinsuke appearance but Idk if they can keep that going over time, but will see. Stardom i believe is the #2 promotion in japan because they'll probably keep this going longer since they are a sister company of the biggest company in Japan

• 2 weeks later...

some working relationships that could be updated

Skye Blue / Dante Martin - Split up

Maki Itoh / Mizuki - Strong Friendship

Maki Itoh / Miyu Yamashita - Strong Friendship

Maki Itoh / Yuki Kamifuku - Best Friends

Mizuki / Yuka Sakazaki - Best Friends

Shayna Baszler / Jessamyn Duke - Strong Friendship

Seth Rollins / Xavier Woods - Strong Friendship

On 3/16/2023 at 5:31 PM, Jackson99 said:

Has anyone got updated/custom pics (GIF Version) of:

Adam Page, Andrade El Idolo, Angelo Parker, Diamante, Keira Hogan, Matt Lee, Nyla Rose, Skye Blue, Shawn Spears & Wheeler Yuta.

Charlotte Flair, Emma, JBL, Mustafa Ali, Piper Niven, Shelton Benjamin, Solo Sikoa, Tegan Nox & Trish Stratus.

Thanks in advance!

I might have some, I definitely have newer parker and lee,  I'll have to check the rest, but I use the sticker pack, not sampp, style if that makes a difference

or if you have specific pics you want cut, I can do that

Edited by YBDynamo
offer to cut