There's been a very slight update as one of the training facilities was in the wrong location and also, Mission Pro was using the wrong logo. Nothing that would really ruin a long term gameplay but just for those who like to start with things as they should be.

Download the below logo (and the new data in post #1)

image.jpeg.d6929679ba915b75c22ac5d6611912b6.jpeg Save it as MPW_TX.jpg

First weekend of October I will be starting work on the Chronicles: The Territories modern day fantasy mod. I'm looking for a mid/end January release (the data will likely start July 22). Of course these plans could change based on unexpected real life factors but (staying healthy) this is what I'm hoping for.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Fleisch said:

First weekend of October I will be starting work on the Chronicles: The Territories modern day fantasy mod. I'm looking for a mid/end January release (the data will likely start July 22). Of course these plans could change based on unexpected real life factors but (staying healthy) this is what I'm hoping for.

I may have overlooked it, but what is the backstory on this upcoming mod? I've always been a fan of your work, so my interest is piqued.

A few random observations which are so minor it's a testament to how great the 1992 mod is:

- Shiro Koshinaka [NJPW] should be babyface and part of the Dragon Bombers stable. Black Cat should also be babyface.

- Kensuke Sasaki starting injury: broken leg, 19 weeks.

- Remove Franz Schuhmann contract from NJPW. Didn't work for them in 1992.

- Remove Al Perez, Giant Warrior contract from AJPW. They didn't return until 1993.

- Animal Hamaguchi should be Retired or Occasional. He stopped wrestling for NJPW in 1990, but did come back in the mid 90's for WAR for a bit.

- CMLL releases half their roster in like the second week. Is it designed like this so AAA have plenty of talent to scoop up when they open? If so, not sure if there's anything that can be set to make they only release guys who ended up in AAA rather than those that stayed in CMLL (like Vampiro).

- WWF always runs a 10 man battle royal in the main event of Royal Rumble 1992 (the Royal Rumble match is semi main) which I'm guessing is more of a limitation of the game settings rather than an oversight.

- WCW might be a little hot in terms of popularity. Attendances (and therefore money) are about double what they were drawing in real life, but again appreciate this may be by design in the mod to allow it to run smoother.

- A lot of wrestler loyalties in Japan aren't set. I think the few that are there might have been imported from TEW2016 as well because they aren't set to the "True Born" type either.

- I think the AJPW guys that ultimately left for NOAH should have AJPW loyalty too. Firstly, it's waaaaay down the line that they left to form NOAH and secondly, it was purely because of Mrs. Baba once Giant had passed. Currently, if NJPW was user controlled, all they need to do is end the non-aggression pact with AJPW and they can sweep up all the top talent. Which was a complete impossibility in real life.

That's all I've got off the top of my head at work. I hope it's ok if I keep posting random stuff? Thanks for this incredible mod. As I said, these things are so minor that it shows what great work you've done.

Edited by mrwhippy
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, djskeemask said:

I may have overlooked it, but what is the backstory on this upcoming mod? I've always been a fan of your work, so my interest is piqued.

I've not released the backstory yet (still writing it up) so you've not missed it. Once I'm done I will put it up. 

• Like 1

Some other very minor things (I'm just getting back into this so I'll drip feed any more inconsistencies I see):

- Dory Funk Jr. should have a non-exclusive handshake contract and loyalty with AJPW. Even though he wasn't on the January 1992 tour, he always did 2 or 3 tours a year throughout the 90's. The AI tends to sign him to an Exclusive Written almost immediately anyway which would be nice to avoid as he still worked US indies in between tours. He probably needs his popularity dropping a bit and/or physical abilities dropping because at this point he was limited to undercard tags but in the game as is, it's still pretty easy to get a 25 minute classic out of him.

- Terry Funk's AJPW contract should be removed. He didn't work for Baba at all after the 1991 Champion Carnival. Maybe nerf his Japan popularity too a bit. As it currently stands, an AI-controlled AJPW or NJPW would snap him up on a massive contract almost immediately. Or change his style from Brawler to Psychopath so the deathmatch promotions sign him instead.

- Dan Spivey's permanent alter ego in Japan should be Danny Spivey. Likewise Phil LaFon/Dan Kroffat is always Danny Kroffat in Japan.

- Chris Benoit's alter ego in NJPW should be Pegasus Kid (currently set to Wild Pegasus). He eventually moves to Wild Pegasus after winning Top of the Super Juniors in 1993, so the Pegasus Kid alter ego should have a maximum age of 25, then assume Wild Pegasus from 26 onwards.

- Delete Goro Tsurumi, Hisakatsu Oya, Mr. Pogo, Yukihiro Kanemura contract from FMW.

- The previously mentioned bug of WWF holding a 10 man battle royal in the main event of Royal Rumble can be fixed by removing the requirement for a battle royal in the event settings. As long as the title "WWF Royal Rumble" is active, you can set it to be decided by a Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble event and the AI will do that (and in my experience have it as the main event too).

- This is just an opinion but I would consider having the face/heel divide in AJPW and NJPW set to "Isn't Enforced". AJPW had very few actual heels so there was a lot of face vs. face matches in the traditional sense and that didn't affect the heat at all. NJPW hadn't yet become faction-centric but there was little consideration for separating faces and heels by Choshu with workers often working face/heel on the fly depending on crowd reaction, and you don't want classic matchups like Muto vs. Hase being penalised by the game.

Also I've been working through Japan on my own database correcting Experience stats using the handbook's recommendation of 0.1-0.15 per match (I noticed there's next to no Young Lions so I went down a rabbit hole). Are you interested in importing my corrections once I've finished? If so, how should I send them?

Edited by mrwhippy

I lost interest in writing a 30+ year backstory for the Territory mod so just wrote the differences that kept the companies in business.

Note: All deaths that happened in real life, happened in this data. 

WWF (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1990 Hulk Hogan would leave the business (following his WM VI loss to Ultimate Warrior) until he returned with WCW in 1994.
1990 Tito Santana wins IC Title (23.04.1990 - 27.08.1990)
1990 Tito Santana wins IC Title (19.11.1990 - 26.08.1991)
(These were both Mr. Perfect reigns in real life).
1990 The Big Boss Man wins IC Title (27.08.1990 - 19.11.1990)
(This was Texas Tornados reign but he did not leave the WCWA and remained with his fathers company until 1993 when he shot himself).
1992 Curt Hennig joins WWF as Mr. Perfect

AWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1986 AWA re-join the NWA
1988 saw Curt Hennig elevated to the top of the company.
1988 Rick Martel re-signs with the company following a falling out with WWF management
1989 saw Larry Zbyszko sign and become the companies top heel
1989 AWA become international partners with AJPW, agreeing to take workers on excursion.
1990 Jeff Jarrett agrees to work shows for the AWA (as well as continuing in his fathers CWA promotion).
1991 The company did not go bankrupt thanks to the success of Hennig vs. Zbyszko and the AJPW partnership.
1992 Scott Hall leaves the company
1992 Curt Hennig leaves the company following breakdown in contract talks
1993 (end of the year) Marty Jannetty returns to the company

WCWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
Kerry Von Erich remained the companies top star until he shot himself in 1993
Nothing different between the 2 dates except the above

CWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1989 The company remained in business following the inter-promotional feud between their top star, Jerry Lawler and the AWA's Rick Martel.
1991 Bill Dundee, Eric Embry & Tom Prichard formed the Kings Of Wrestling - Jerry Lawler feuded with the group before losing a "loser leaves" match against Dundee. Lawler would sign for the WWF in 1992 (as he did in real life).
1993 Jerry Lawlers WWF contract allowed him to work dates for CWA, providing they didn't clash with his WWF dates.

With both CWA and WCWA staying in business, there was no USWA in this timeline. 
Other companies histories in the US unfolded pretty much as they did in real life with the odd exception such as a few different title reigns I will highlight in the mod, maybe a few different changes to their rosters over the years (nWo did exist, DX did exist).

The biggest changes will be noticeable in the mod because these companies will have their own rosters that don't look like the rosters we know today. There are also some "casualty" companies, such as TNA/Impact did not exist in this timeline, nor does AEW or NXT. WWF also does not have a brand split and has not had need for multiple different titles. They have the WWF Heavyweight, WWF Intercontinental, WWF World Tag Team and WWF Women's belts.

The NWA companies can only run shows in their home region.

USA
WWF - Never had to change their name
WCW - Bought by WWF in 2001 but remained their own company
ECW - Bought by WWF in 2000 and would stay active as a feeder league.
CWA - Part of the NWA (did not merge with WCWA)
AWA - Part of the NWA (did not go bankrupt)
WCWA - Part of the NWA (did not merge with CWA)
ROH - Part of the NWA (did not get bought out)
PWG - Part of the NWA
SHIMMER - Part of the NWA
SHINE - Part of the NWA (Sister company to SHIMMER)
PWF - Part of the NWA (did not go our of business)
FIP - Part of the NWA

More companies to be decided

Canada
A1 Wrestling - Part of the NWA
BCW - Part of the NWA
MLW - Part of the NWA (did not go out of business)
NCW - Part of the NWA

More to come. (If you want to know something specific, let me know and I'll answer it).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I lost interest in writing a 30+ year backstory for the Territory mod so just wrote the differences that kept the companies in business.

Note: All deaths that happened in real life, happened in this data. 

WWF (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1990 Hulk Hogan would leave the business (following his WM VI loss to Ultimate Warrior) until he returned with WCW in 1994.
1990 Tito Santana wins IC Title (23.04.1990 - 27.08.1990)
1990 Tito Santana wins IC Title (19.11.1990 - 26.08.1991)
(These were both Mr. Perfect reigns in real life).
1990 The Big Boss Man wins IC Title (27.08.1990 - 19.11.1990)
(This was Texas Tornados reign but he did not leave the WCWA and remained with his fathers company until 1993 when he shot himself).
1992 Curt Hennig joins WWF as Mr. Perfect

AWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1986 AWA re-join the NWA
1988 saw Curt Hennig elevated to the top of the company.
1988 Rick Martel re-signs with the company following a falling out with WWF management
1989 saw Larry Zbyszko sign and become the companies top heel
1989 AWA become international partners with AJPW, agreeing to take workers on excursion.
1990 Jeff Jarrett agrees to work shows for the AWA (as well as continuing in his fathers CWA promotion).
1991 The company did not go bankrupt thanks to the success of Hennig vs. Zbyszko and the AJPW partnership.
1992 Scott Hall leaves the company
1992 Curt Hennig leaves the company following breakdown in contract talks
1993 (end of the year) Marty Jannetty returns to the company

WCWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
Kerry Von Erich remained the companies top star until he shot himself in 1993
Nothing different between the 2 dates except the above

CWA (1983 - 1993 Main Differences)
1989 The company remained in business following the inter-promotional feud between their top star, Jerry Lawler and the AWA's Rick Martel.
1991 Bill Dundee, Eric Embry & Tom Prichard formed the Kings Of Wrestling - Jerry Lawler feuded with the group before losing a "loser leaves" match against Dundee. Lawler would sign for the WWF in 1992 (as he did in real life).
1993 Jerry Lawlers WWF contract allowed him to work dates for CWA, providing they didn't clash with his WWF dates.

With both CWA and WCWA staying in business, there was no USWA in this timeline. 
Other companies histories in the US unfolded pretty much as they did in real life with the odd exception such as a few different title reigns I will highlight in the mod, maybe a few different changes to their rosters over the years (nWo did exist, DX did exist).

The biggest changes will be noticeable in the mod because these companies will have their own rosters that don't look like the rosters we know today. There are also some "casualty" companies, such as TNA/Impact did not exist in this timeline, nor does AEW or NXT. WWF also does not have a brand split and has not had need for multiple different titles. They have the WWF Heavyweight, WWF Intercontinental, WWF World Tag Team and WWF Women's belts.

The NWA companies can only run shows in their home region.

USA
WWF - Never had to change their name
WCW - Bought by WWF in 2001 but remained their own company
ECW - Bought by WWF in 2000 and would stay active as a feeder league.
CWA - Part of the NWA (did not merge with WCWA)
AWA - Part of the NWA (did not go bankrupt)
WCWA - Part of the NWA (did not merge with CWA)
ROH - Part of the NWA (did not get bought out)
PWG - Part of the NWA
SHIMMER - Part of the NWA
SHINE - Part of the NWA (Sister company to SHIMMER)
PWF - Part of the NWA (did not go our of business)
FIP - Part of the NWA

Canada
A1 Wrestling - Part of the NWA
BCW - Part of the NWA
MLW - Part of the NWA (did not go out of business)
NCW - Part of the NWA

More to come. (If you want to know something specific, let me know and I'll answer it).

Interesting changes. So when does this mod start/take place in? You make it sound like it is today but only show changes to 1993

2 hours ago, djskeemask said:

Interesting changes. So when does this mod start/take place in? You make it sound like it is today but only show changes to 1993

It is in modern day (well, July 2022). There is a line at the bottom of the post that says "More to Come". Next will be Differences between 1994 and 2004. 

• Like 2

It is in modern day (well, July 2022). There is a line at the bottom of the post that says "More to Come". Next will be Differences between 1994 and 2004. 

Gotcha! Can't wait for this. I love alternate reality mods. I know you're keeping deaths accurate to real life. Any chance you could keep Owen alive like your Flashpoint? IDK if he would still be wrestling at this point, but he would make a great manager, I'm sure.

1992 again. I did a few quick run-throughs of a year just to catch any irregularities that keep cropping up. It holds up really well so not got much:

- WWA-NJ need a popularity boost. They go out of business after about six months, drawing about 100 fans per show. Real life was more like 300-700 for standard shows and 1000-2000 for big shows and they managed to survive until 1998.

- LPWA die about half way through 1992 as well but that is fine because they really did die at this point.

- Reslo and IWCCW also die pretty quick. In the early 90's they hardly ran shows (only one or two in 1992, and not until June at the earliest) so you can probably remove all contracts. Set them to just have sporadic shows and let the AI sign the workers when needed. That might stop them from losing money fast due to big rosters.

Edited by mrwhippy

On 9/26/2022 at 10:23 AM, mrwhippy said:

1992 again. I did a few quick run-throughs of a year just to catch any irregularities that keep cropping up. It holds up really well so not got much:

- WWA-NJ need a popularity boost. They go out of business after about six months, drawing about 100 fans per show. Real life was more like 300-700 for standard shows and 1000-2000 for big shows and they managed to survive until 1998.

- LPWA die about half way through 1992 as well but that is fine because they really did die at this point.

- Reslo and IWCCW also die pretty quick. In the early 90's they hardly ran shows (only one or two in 1992, and not until June at the earliest) so you can probably remove all contracts. Set them to just have sporadic shows and let the AI sign the workers when needed. That might stop them from losing money fast due to big rosters.

This honestly feels like more of a consequence of so many workers with high pop ( = will demand big contracts) on the indies. So many companies will pick them up and bite off more they can chew financially.

This was partly my motivation behind expanding the range of promotions in 2.1 (and the future 2.2) - there will never feel like a starvation of promotions in a particular area.

Edited by SkyCrasher

This weekend I will be starting on the RWC Territories mod. Although I am using the July RWC, RWC+ & ScandiGraps combined, I have decided not all title lineages are going to follow real life. As such, I will be doing the title histories myself from scratch. Yes, this will add several hours to the workload (I will also be doing them in "Wk 1, July 2022" format so the reigns are all uniformed).

So far I have planned the entire WWE roster out, along with small parts of the other companies rosters. We will see the likes of Darby Allin and Brodie King in the new ECW, Cody Rhodes & AJ Styles in WCW, Samoa Joe & Claudio Castagnoli in ROH, Nick Aldis & MJF in AWA, FTR & Matt Hardy in WCWA just to name a few. Kenny Omega and Lance Archer will both be in NJPW (alongside Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson). 

The Biggest companies in the US right now will be WWE, WCW & AWA. NJPW & AJPW will be dominating the Japanese scene with NOAH next in line behind them. CMLL will be the undisputed #1 in Mexico with AAA and IWRG rounding out the top 3. I have yet to decide which UK companies I will include but ASW is likely to be the big touring company under the WoS alliance. 

What this means for other mods is this, they're done - for now. I could work on the 1992 mod until the end of days but what is the point if it means no one gets to attempt a long term save with it (it's had 10+ updates). The 92 mod will be updated (possibly) once I have finished the new mod.

• Like 3

A bit of a treat for all you people who prefer the gif style to your image packs. Mildly_Amusing has been working on a gif compatible version of the 1992 data, along with images which you can now download below (I'll also update the first post with the links as well). 

GIF - Database compatible with the gif format

GIF - People Pack Download

GIF - Logos (You will still need to download the original logos pack first or you won't have the dojo/schools logos etc)

All credit for this goes to Mildly_Amusing so send your thanks to them!

• Like 5

A bit of a treat for all you people who prefer the gif style to your image packs. Mildly_Amusing has been working on a gif compatible version of the 1992 data, along with images which you can now download below (I'll also update the first post with the links as well). 

GIF - Database compatible with the gif format

GIF - People Pack Download

GIF - Logos (You will still need to download the original logos pack first or you won't have the dojo/schools logos etc)

All credit for this goes to Mildly_Amusing so send your thanks to them!

Fantastic! I'm a noobie with the gif format and this is perfect timing.

Hey Fleisch. I'm "stuck" on version 1.4 since I've modded the hell out of it for my own playthroughs and I was wondering if you had the changelogs since that version of the mod? 

That way I could edit what's missing, keep this DB, and still have "updates". 

Thanks

7 hours ago, S_Joker said:

Hey Fleisch. I'm "stuck" on version 1.4 since I've modded the hell out of it for my own playthroughs and I was wondering if you had the changelogs since that version of the mod? 

That way I could edit what's missing, keep this DB, and still have "updates". 

Thanks

There is a Notepad change log in the database download. It has every change from the beta right through to the current version.

Edited by Fleisch
  • Like 1