4 hours ago, Fleisch said:

No one is arguing or picking a fight. We will agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinion and thats fine.

I realize I sounded accusatory there, which wasn't my intention, I meant it as I don't want to pick a fight, so I'll drop it after this (I realize reading it back that that's not how it sounded)

23 hours ago, jean-vic said:

Anyone got any tips on playing WWF in a 1992 save. I really want to do a WWF save but their TV schedule is so bad - I know it's accurate to the time - that I lose interest in a month. 3 hours of B show to book per week is mind numbing!

I tend to just auto book B shows. It doesn't use any big stars and I've rarely had a title defended on them this way. I'll then make sure no one I have in a full story is wrestling.

I only book the A show and Events. Unfortunately, most of the shows during that era were B shows. Even when Raw first came on in 93 it didn't have huge matches to start... I mean just look...

Dark Match
Bob Backlund defeats Damien DeMento (DQ)

Dark Match
The Cheetah Kid defeats Johnny Rotten

Main Show
Yokozuna (w/Mr. Fuji) defeats Koko B. Ware

Tag Team Match
The Steiner Brothers defeat The Executioners 

WWF Intercontinental Title Match
Shawn Michaels (c) defeats Max Moon

The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) defeats Damien DeMento

Dark Match
Crush defeats Bam Bam Bigelow by DQ

The other way of course is t go into the editor and cheat it a bit by bringing Raw forward a year and killing off a couple of the B shows. I'd suggest always keeping at least 1 B show so your mid/lower mid have something to do and a way of trying to get people over or try out new mid card matches that may make it to the main show.

I can't speak to playing wwf back then, but in my AEW save I book similarly, I might manually add a match or two to my 'B' shows (I have 3, one of which is shot 4 episodes at a time) and auto-book the rest, although even when it comes to the 'A' shows, I tend to only book some of the matches/angles and auto-book the rest, and after a year my AEW is now the top promotion in the world. Although after auto-booking I tend to look over the matches and angles before starting the show so things don't get screwed up, like a secondary title being challenged by a major star or new titles being defended before I'm ready, I've fallen victim to those too many times.

Small update on the Y2KRU mod.... yes it is still coming out, I've had some amazing help (as always) from SkyCrasher, especially with worker ideas, company ideas and when it comes to the correct naming for Luchadors as my Spanish is non-existent!

I have been taking a break from it the last week or 2 as I've had a lot on my plate "life" wise but should be ready to start back up with it either this weekend or next. There is still a lot of work to go but I'm finally making a bit of headway.

Hate to be the "excellent mod, but here's a list of things to fix/change"- guy, but in the 1992 mod there are a bunch of non-wrestlers who have been in the business for years at this point who have 0 experience, giving them a big penalty if used. This includes guys like Tony Schiavone, Jimmy Hart, Lee Marshall, Alfred Hayes, Slick, Teddy Long, Tim White etc. Conversely, Kevin Kelly is a rookie with 100 experience. 

I don't know if relationships are a priority of any kind, but some that could be added:

- Jack & Gerald Brisco blood relatives
- Ted Turner & Jim Barnett strong friendship
- Vince McMahon & Ted Turner strong dislike/hatred
- Jim Ross & Bill Watts strong friendship

The relationship between Ole Anderson and Jim Barnett should probably also be changed at least to strong dislike considering that Ole ousted Barnett out of Georgia and Barnett retaliated with the Black Saturday. 

Also noticed that Stu Hart seems to be missing

11 hours ago, Moxley said:

Hate to be the "excellent mod, but here's a list of things to fix/change"- guy, but in the 1992 mod there are a bunch of non-wrestlers who have been in the business for years at this point who have 0 experience, giving them a big penalty if used. This includes guys like Tony Schiavone, Jimmy Hart, Lee Marshall, Alfred Hayes, Slick, Teddy Long, Tim White etc. Conversely, Kevin Kelly is a rookie with 100 experience. 

I don't know if relationships are a priority of any kind, but some that could be added:

The relationship between Ole Anderson and Jim Barnett should probably also be changed at least to strong dislike considering that Ole ousted Barnett out of Georgia and Barnett retaliated with the Black Saturday. 

Reflected these changes, Stu Hart not in as he was out of the business by this point but he can be added as a historical figure if I've got nothing better to do

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, Moxley said:

On 11/2/2023 at 10:30 PM, SkyCrasher said:

Reflected these changes, Stu Hart not in as he was out of the business by this point but he can be added as a historical figure if I've got nothing better to do

I could be mistaken, but I think the Experience stat is for matches wrestled. In other words, an in-ring stat. The more matches wrestled, the higher the experience stat, & the less matches wrestled, the lower the stat. Alfred Hayes for sure should have experience as he was a wrestler at one point if I remember correctly. Jimmy Hart was a manager but would work the rare match when needed. The others I believe only managed &/or did announcing duties, so they wouldn't need the experience stat.

Edited by Mattywood

On 11/6/2023 at 6:41 PM, Mattywood said:

I could be mistaken, but I think the Experience stat is for matches wrestled. In other words, an in-ring stat. The more matches wrestled, the higher the experience stat, & the less matches wrestled, the lower the stat. Alfred Hayes for sure should have experience as he was a wrestler at one point if I remember correctly. Jimmy Hart was a manager but would work the rare match when needed. The others I believe only managed &/or did announcing duties, so they wouldn't need the experience stat.

Experience is specifically for matches wrestled. Non wrestlers like Schiavone who have no matches under their belt shouldn’t have it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to finish the company I'm currently working on for the KRU2K mod before releasing the first version of the new mod. After that, I will eventually (well, December/January time) get back to working on the 1992 mod which SkyCrasher has been working on over the last couple of months.

Eventually there will be an update to the Diablo X mod as well, but don't look for it any time soon as my "free" time is very short at the moment.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a few more things I want to do with the Y2KRU data before I release it. The plan is to have it out before Christmas still. I am thinking of asking that this thread gets locked down as although it is good to have my mods in one place, a lot of people don't check the thread to see what is in here so I will be going back to the old school of one thread per mod. It will also be easier for me to see what mod a person is talking about when giving feedback.

• Like 1

The people pictures folder doesn't seem to be working for 1992. All downloaded and installed correctly, but the pictures aren't being assigned to any of the workers. 

Edit: actually, none of the pictures work. Nothing is linking. 

Edited by jean-vic

5 hours ago, jean-vic said:

The people pictures folder doesn't seem to be working for 1992. All downloaded and installed correctly, but the pictures aren't being assigned to any of the workers. 

Have you tried looking in the "Database Details" section of the editor and making sure the correct picture folder is assigned?

8 hours ago, jean-vic said:

I've checked the data and all pics are linked to the data. Have you selected the correct picture folder within the database details in the editor?

3 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I've checked the data and all pics are linked to the data. Have you selected the correct picture folder within the database details in the editor?

Yeah, the correct folder is selected in details. I may have to delete the mod and pics and reinstall all to see if that fixes it. 

I will hopefully be releasing the Y2KRU data some time next week. I have 100 more workers to add (they are all named with pictures, I just need to stat them. Some may have default bio's to start in this version unless they are a big/medium character in the World). Those "lesser" characters will eventually be fleshed out as I release more updates for the data.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Setxjohn2 said:

is the 1982 mod released or being worked on?

No plans to work on it just now. I've a busy few months ahead of me both work and socially (not to mention breaking my hand).

Could a mod please close this thread down. I've now got posts for each mod being worked on so this thread is no longer needed. Thanks.