Even though Fleisch has said he's not updating for the foreseeable, I'll continue to add fixes in case anyone wants to add them in themselves:

- Inoki should be an Occasional Wrestler, and have Special Attraction in his contract. He was only really wrestling Dome shows at this point.

- Lance Storm should be Active in Japan. He worked a tour for FMW in 1991 then worked quite a bit for WAR when that was up and running.

- There's quite a lot of preset chemistry but none including Jumbo Tsuruta which is probably a by-product of him being pretty much finished in 1992 due to Hep B. However, he will go a lot longer in the mod playthrough, so he should have good fighting chemistry with Tenryu and Misawa, good teaming chemistry with Taue and Yoshiaki Yatsu, and great teaming chemistry with Tenryu.

8 hours ago, mrwhippy said:

@SkyCrasher have you been adding new venues? As you can tell by my fix suggestions, I'm a big fan of Japan but most regions there are very sparse on venues. I was going to make an effort in the near future to add some but wondering if you already have?

I've been adding quite a few venues (UK/Europe in particular) but Japan isn't one I've started on. Are there any good ones you know that would be around at game start date?

On 10/4/2022 at 3:33 PM, mrwhippy said:

Even though Fleisch has said he's not updating for the foreseeable, I'll continue to add fixes in case anyone wants to add them in themselves:

- Inoki should be an Occasional Wrestler, and have Special Attraction in his contract. He was only really wrestling Dome shows at this point.

- Lance Storm should be Active in Japan. He worked a tour for FMW in 1991 then worked quite a bit for WAR when that was up and running.

- There's quite a lot of preset chemistry but none including Jumbo Tsuruta which is probably a by-product of him being pretty much finished in 1992 due to Hep B. However, he will go a lot longer in the mod playthrough, so he should have good fighting chemistry with Tenryu and Misawa, good teaming chemistry with Taue and Yoshiaki Yatsu, and great teaming chemistry with Tenryu.

These will be in the main branch as I'm adding them

Small update on the territory mod. I'm having to limit my time at the computer at the moment but I have finished the roster for WWE. I believe the in ring roster stands at around 66 (Mens roster) and  22 (Womens roster).

I think WCW will have a similar roster size, with AWA having just a slightly smaller roster. Those are the big 3 in the US. ROH/ECW/WCWA/CWA will be the next in line.

I'm not going to give many updates - this one is just to say the mod has started!

• Like 2

Some 1992 bits & pieces for @SkyCrasher:

Bill Alfonso was with WCW as referee & Giant Gonzalez's minder when the game starts - I guess on Handshake? Fonzie says that he and the Giant got on really well and they went to WWF as a "package deal" so Friendship probably makes game sense. Lastly, Fonzie comes across as Irrepressible in this interview (though note that it does stray into some fairly wild road stories at times). While people do change, it seems likely that Fonzie's positive presence backstage was a hiring consideration in real life so I'd push for some kind of positive personality.

I noticed that Kerry Von Erich doesn't have Personal Issues :'(

Alex Wright was a figure of some interest when he debuted in Germany. Some people knew him because of his father, but he also got mainstream TV appearances due to being so very young. Probably should start with a bit of Central Europe popularity. Also, his father 
Steve Wright was a shooter and highly respected for his ability to take a man down, which sounds like a good fit for Bad Ass Reputation.

Natalia Markova was recently in the news after being involved in a vigilante episode (her purse was stolen, Bryan Idol ran down and tackled the thief). I'd hoped more would come out about her - but the press were satisfied with "wrestlers, hot, real-life hero". Still, she has Modelling Experience and should speak Fluent "Eastern European". Not sure about her English at debut but it's quite polished now so I wouldn't go below "Passable". Markova should probably start with Europe and Japan as available areas, as she mostly worked Russian promotions with a few dates in Scandinavia & Japan until making it to the states in 2017. Also, I haven't heard about her being injured and her impressive flexibility probably plays into that - maybe a candidate for Rubber Bones?

• Like 1

Thanks for the pointers.

Re:starting locations - I've done a mix between adding locations where a wrestler has worked (Naoki Sano had a run in Mexico in 1990) and locations where they will work. The latter is done because - spoiler alert - in 2.2 there will be a starting promotion based in Australia, and since I can find basically no info on Australian-based workers, it currently populates mostly with North American workers who have the ability to work there based on having toured for WWA or appeared on that one iGW show.

14 hours ago, SkyCrasher said:

Thanks for the pointers.

Re:starting locations - I've done a mix between adding locations where a wrestler has worked (Naoki Sano had a run in Mexico in 1990) and locations where they will work. The latter is done because - spoiler alert - in 2.2 there will be a starting promotion based in Australia, and since I can find basically no info on Australian-based workers, it currently populates mostly with North American workers who have the ability to work there based on having toured for WWA or appeared on that one iGW show.

I've PM'd you regarding this. Just in case you haven't seen it, please don't undo all the hours I have spent trying to tidy up the starting locations by re-adding them again. If they didn't work in an area in 1992 (or significantly before), please do not add them as available locations (unless you are doing it for your own personal game). I've explained it better in the PM. This is something I'm still trying to tidy up.

Thank you for all your help with the mod so far though, don't think it isn't appreciated, I just don't want huge overhauls like this done to the game World.

• Like 4

- Lots of workers don't speak the correct language...

The following are Japanese but all are set to Fluent English and No Japanese, these should be swapped: Masakazu Fukuda, Cooga, Mr. Chin, Churaumi Saver, Gota Ihashi, Hamuko Hoshi, Katsuhiko Nagata, Katsuya Kitamura, Koharu Hinata, Masamune, Masayuki Mitomi, Maya Yukihi, Tatsuhito Senga, Satoshi Oji, Seiki Yoshioka, Shogun Okamoto, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Tomoyuki Oka, Yusuke Kawaguchi, Natsu Sumire, Hibiki, Katsuhiko Matsuzaki, Yoko Takahashi.

The following are Mexican but all are set to Fluent English and No Spanish, these should be swapped: Karloff Lagarde Jr., Tinieblas, El Santo, Argenis, Ángel Mensajero, Ray Mendoza, Leono, Panthro, Tigro, Espanto Jr., Valente Fernandez, Danny Boy, Príncipe Odín Jr., Cadaver De Ultratumba, El Gitano, El Hijo de Anibal, El Hijo de Silver King, El Soberano Jr., Elektro Boy, Ernesto Santillan, La Magnífica, La Momia, Metatron, Mini Psycho Clown, Murder Clown, Pagano, Rey Horus, Sexy Lady, Skándalo, Titán, Violento Jack, El Supremo, Pantera Sureña, El Supremo II, Máscara Divina, Desorden, Hator, Mini Hator, El Divo, El Coyote, Gino Medina, Adonis Salazar, Javi, Jessy El Vasco Jr., Acero Dorado Jr., Stranger, Antar, Hijo del Supremo, Super Boy.

Moro Jr. is set to Fluent Japanese and No Spanish. Should be the other way round.

Royce Chambers is Australian but has no language set. Should be Fluent English.

James Raideen (Dylan James) is New Zealander is set to Fluent Japanese and No English. Obviously he needs Fluent English and Japanese should be set to None. He may well speak the language now after many years working there but at debut I would assume he didn't.

Ricky Banderas, Sasha and Eddie Cruz are Puerto Rican but are set to None for Spanish. Should be Fluent.

Otto Wanz, Gunther Wagner, Robert Fasser and August Smisl are German or Austrian but are set to None for Central. Should be Fluent.

Natalia Markova is Russian but is set to None for Eastern. Should be Fluent.

------------------------------------------------------------------

- A few workers have no working locations set. Valente Fernandez (should be Mexico), Molly McShane (USA), Julio Torres (USA, British Isles), Clive Myers (British Isles; nationality should be Jamaican) and Claudio Molteni (USA).

- Cibernetico and Gronda have a minimum size set bigger than their current size.

- Lots of teams (56) are set to debut/form in the future but already have existing Experience set (eg. Edge & Christian). Is this on purpose? Can't see why it would be.

- The venues Nippon Budokan and Ryogoku Kougikan are in the wrong region. Should be Kanto.

- Quite a few Hiroshima venues are set to Kanto but should be in Chugoku.

Edited by mrwhippy

12 hours ago, mrwhippy said:

- Lots of workers don't speak the correct language...

The following are Japanese but all are set to Fluent English and No Japanese, these should be swapped: Masakazu Fukuda, Cooga, Mr. Chin, Churaumi Saver, Gota Ihashi, Hamuko Hoshi, Katsuhiko Nagata, Katsuya Kitamura, Koharu Hinata, Masamune, Masayuki Mitomi, Maya Yukihi, Tatsuhito Senga, Satoshi Oji, Seiki Yoshioka, Shogun Okamoto, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Tomoyuki Oka, Yusuke Kawaguchi, Natsu Sumire, Hibiki, Katsuhiko Matsuzaki, Yoko Takahashi.

The following are Mexican but all are set to Fluent English and No Spanish, these should be swapped: Karloff Lagarde Jr., Tinieblas, El Santo, Argenis, Ángel Mensajero, Ray Mendoza, Leono, Panthro, Tigro, Espanto Jr., Valente Fernandez, Danny Boy, Príncipe Odín Jr., Cadaver De Ultratumba, El Gitano, El Hijo de Anibal, El Hijo de Silver King, El Soberano Jr., Elektro Boy, Ernesto Santillan, La Magnífica, La Momia, Metatron, Mini Psycho Clown, Murder Clown, Pagano, Rey Horus, Sexy Lady, Skándalo, Titán, Violento Jack, El Supremo, Pantera Sureña, El Supremo II, Máscara Divina, Desorden, Hator, Mini Hator, El Divo, El Coyote, Gino Medina, Adonis Salazar, Javi, Jessy El Vasco Jr., Acero Dorado Jr., Stranger, Antar, Hijo del Supremo, Super Boy.

Moro Jr. is set to Fluent Japanese and No Spanish. Should be the other way round.

Royce Chambers is Australian but has no language set. Should be Fluent English.

James Raideen (Dylan James) is New Zealander is set to Fluent Japanese and No English. Obviously he needs Fluent English and Japanese should be set to None. He may well speak the language now after many years working there but at debut I would assume he didn't.

Ricky Banderas, Sasha and Eddie Cruz are Puerto Rican but are set to None for Spanish. Should be Fluent.

Otto Wanz, Gunther Wagner, Robert Fasser and August Smisl are German or Austrian but are set to None for Central. Should be Fluent.

Natalia Markova is Russian but is set to None for Eastern. Should be Fluent.

------------------------------------------------------------------

- A few workers have no working locations set. Valente Fernandez (should be Mexico), Molly McShane (USA), Julio Torres (USA, British Isles), Clive Myers (British Isles; nationality should be Jamaican) and Claudio Molteni (USA).

- Cibernetico and Gronda have a minimum size set bigger than their current size.

All errors fixed.

The venues thing seems to just be on your end, I have the venues you mentioned in the correct place.

Having a problem that may be an easy fix. I downloaded the new GIF version data and pics. When I fire up a new game initial photos are there for the game once it loads, I can change photos for TV, events, etc...

But people photos show nothing when trying to change a workers photo. Worker photos are there for all workers I have checked, but I cannot change worker photos as that is where it is blank when trying to change the photo.

I know it has to be something with .gif or .jpg issues but figure there is a fix I am not sure of.

Any ideas? 

3 hours ago, ValiantJoey said:

Having a problem that may be an easy fix. I downloaded the new GIF version data and pics. When I fire up a new game initial photos are there for the game once it loads, I can change photos for TV, events, etc...

But people photos show nothing when trying to change a workers photo. Worker photos are there for all workers I have checked, but I cannot change worker photos as that is where it is blank when trying to change the photo.

I know it has to be something with .gif or .jpg issues but figure there is a fix I am not sure of.

Any ideas? 

How many photos are in the people folder?

On 10/15/2022 at 2:05 AM, iisyke said:

Hey obscure question was looking in the picture pack saw that kyle snyder was in it but cant find him in any of the mods would anyone happen to know what mod he's in so I can import

Pretty sure he's never expressed an interest in pursuing pro wrestling so not sure what he's doing in the images at all

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to put the next mod on hold as (without going into too many details) I've been having health issues the last 6 months and sitting at a screen for the time I need is impossible due to the pain I'm in. Once I can get my pain under control I will resume working on it but just wanted people to know, I've not forgotten, or given up on it, it just may be a little later than I had hoped to get out to you all. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SkyCrasher said:

Note: Version 2.2 of Chronicles 1992 will contain an important fix for an issue that may be affecting your saves since version 1.41

Any idea when that update is coming? If it's soon, I'll put off putting in the work to get my diary save going until that's released. 

On 10/31/2022 at 4:48 AM, Jaysin said:

Any idea when that update is coming? If it's soon, I'll put off putting in the work to get my diary save going until that's released. 

SkyCrasher has sent me the data this morning but I won't get to check it through and see if there's anything I want to add until Thursday Evening/Friday Morning. (SkyCrasher has given me one of the biggest updates to the data we've had in a very long time... if people can't get a long term save with the data after this, I don't know how they ever will! It is amazing the amount of work put in). I'm looking to have this out Friday afternoon - if I miss that deadline then Saturday morning (UK time).

I cannot stress enough that my only input into the 2.2 update is checking it through and maybe making the odd tweak here or there (and picture checking) - all credit/thanks for this update goes to SkyCrasher. As I've said, I'm unable to sit at my desk for long periods at the moment so my modding days are on hold.

• Like 7