These any good for ya? Feel free to make them futures, or knock off 10 years if you want them to debut before 2001.

Name: Billy Moore
DOB: April 1986
Place of Birth: London, England
Ethnicity: White
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Body: Bulky
Size: Middleweight

Gimmick: Hooligan
Wrestling Style: Brawler/Hardcore (add the Deathmatch trait)

Name: Vinnie Cooper
DOB: July 1990
Ethnicity: Black
Size: Light Heavyweight

Optional: Going for a football hooligan/Dudley's crossover here, the pair grew up in the east end of London, supported the local team, got in with their firm and all the violence that went with that, then got into wrestling. Set them up with the tag team "The Crazy Gang" as a permanent unit.

Name: Jenna Jacobs
DOB: December 1992
Place of Birth: Vancouver, Canada
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Body: Toned
Size: Small

Gimmick:
Wrestling Style: Technician Flyer

Optional: Grew up bouncing around the globe, first experience of wrestling was while in Japan where she found joshi, as soon as she turned 18 she flew back to Japan to join a dojo.

8 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

These any good for ya? Feel free to make them futures, or knock off 10 years if you want them to debut before 2001.

Name: Billy Moore
DOB: April 1986
Size: Middleweight

Name: Vinnie Cooper
DOB: July 1990
Ethnicity: Black

Optional: Going for a football hooligan/Dudley's crossover here, the pair grew up in the east end of London, supported the local team, got in with their firm and all the violence that went with that, then got into wrestling. Set them up with the tag team "The Crazy Gang" as a permanent unit.

Name: Jenna Jacobs
DOB: December 1992
Place of Birth: Vancouver, Canada
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Size: Small

Gimmick:
Wrestling Style: Technician Flyer

Optional: Grew up bouncing around the globe, first experience of wrestling was while in Japan where she found joshi, as soon as she turned 18 she flew back to Japan to join a dojo.

All 3 added. I decided to switch up Billy & Vinnies ages and have them debut in 1998. Jenna Jacobs is yet to debut.

1 hour ago, Fleisch said:

All 3 added. I decided to switch up Billy & Vinnies ages and have them debut in 1998. Jenna Jacobs is yet to debut.

As long as it helps, pretty much my old eFed characters, well one split into a team, you said no stupid names so I went against suggesting The Who.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, testerino said:

Random queston, when you make future wrestlers in historical mods, how do you decide their skills considering they're way before their prime? Do you make it 50% of what you think their potential is or some other number like that?

Usually I would watch their first match (if I can find it) and try to figure out how much worse they were. Other times I would knock between 10 and 20% off what their stats are now. To be honest there isn't a catch all formula I use.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, testerino said:

Random queston, when you make future wrestlers in historical mods, how do you decide their skills considering they're way before their prime? Do you make it 50% of what you think their potential is or some other number like that?

I'm not Fleisch and he answered, but for mods I've worked on, yet to debut workers should be in line with how they entered the business. With attributes and potential you can almost set up any scenario to get the historic stars over or try and get guys who got overlooked 

Edited by Jaysin
  • Like 1

Name: Ryan Carlson
DOB: March 1975
Place of Birth: Brookings, South Dakota, USA
Size: Lightweight

Name: Levi "Leviathan" Carlson

DOB: January 2005
Place of Birth: Winona, Minnesota, USA
Note: Ryan's Son

33 minutes ago, rufc4eva said:

Just a heads up for the biographies AFC Wimbledon was not a thing until 2002, before that it was just Wimbledon FC

Since they are my contributions, the teams ambiguous to the east end, didn't know how based in reality the world was going to be, not fussed either way, if anything just drop the AFC from it, no biggie.

6 hours ago, rufc4eva said:

Just a heads up for the biographies AFC Wimbledon was not a thing until 2002, before that it was just Wimbledon FC

Yeah I realised after writing it that the mod is set in 2000. I was going to have him support West Ham but with the tag team name The Crazy Gang it just didn't sit right. I have changed it to a fictional team.

Right now I'm adding the broadcasters. I want to start with around 100 or so. I've looked at the default data to see what the majority of TV/PPV/Free etc are and I'm trying to stick as close to those numbers as I can. Plus, streaming in 2000 was in it's infancy really so there may only be 1 or 2 starting Internet options. This increases as you hit 2005, 2012 etc...

It may only have a handful of broadcasting logo's at release as creating 100 logo's is going to be tough enough, but coming up with ideas for them is even tougher. The only ones that will have logo's are those I have an idea for.

After broadcasters, I will be looking at TV shows and Events. 

I'm still accepting requests for workers, but they will be put on a list until I've completed the above sections. The worker count is at 985 as of this typing but it will be at over 1000 for first release - I want it build it up to around 2500-3000 workers with at least half being new workers yet to debut (I want it as big as the 1992 mod eventually).

My own suggestions for your mod, feel free not to use them though if you find them lacking !

Name: Reyna Boudica
DOB: Whatever you need
Place of Birth: Norfolk, UK
Sexual Orientation: Whatever you want
Body: Small/Lightweight
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: Masked Luchadora, inspired by a Celtic queen.
Bio/Noted: Based in Mexico, she fell in love with lucha libre in her early twenties when she went living in Mexico for her University. Recognizable by her long red hair, and her Irish roots, hence why she picked Boudica as her name. Is rather tall for a luchadora.

Name: El Arqueólogo
DOB: November 1990
Place of Birth: Yucatan
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Body: Lightweight
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: A cheap knock-off of Indiana Jones (much like the cheap knock off of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles you had in CMLL I think ?)
Bio/Notes: A talented worker saddled with an awful gimmick, comes to the ring with a whip and everything.

Name: Nick Godlaugh
Place of Birth: Belgium
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: Referee
Bio: A (decently) talented referee from Belgium. Is known for bringing beers and chocolates to the roster, and is rather cheerful. Maybe one of the attributes that help mitigate problems in the locker room ?

I had just realised I had no locations or venues in the data! This weekend, that will be my goal so I can run the first "test" game and see what needs changing/fixing. Still a way to go before I'm happy to release this. I think as an alternative Universe though, it will be worth the wait.

Venues list is now finished! Got annoyed writing descriptions so started using AI to write some but those sucked so some venues won't even have a description. Lets face it, who really reads them anyway! 

Now... I'm going to go kill and pillage across the universe on Starfield!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:34 PM, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

My own suggestions for your mod, feel free not to use them though if you find them lacking !

Name: Reyna Boudica
DOB: Whatever you need
Place of Birth: Norfolk, UK
Body: Small/Lightweight
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: Masked Luchadora, inspired by a Celtic queen.
Bio/Noted: Based in Mexico, she fell in love with lucha libre in her early twenties when she went living in Mexico for her University. Recognizable by her long red hair, and her Irish roots, hence why she picked Boudica as her name. Is rather tall for a luchadora.

Name: El Arqueólogo
Place of Birth: Yucatan
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: A cheap knock-off of Indiana Jones (much like the cheap knock off of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles you had in CMLL I think ?)
Bio/Notes: A talented worker saddled with an awful gimmick, comes to the ring with a whip and everything.

Name: Nick Godlaugh
Place of Birth: Belgium
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Gimmick/Wrestling Style: Referee
Bio: A (decently) talented referee from Belgium. Is known for bringing beers and chocolates to the roster, and is rather cheerful. Maybe one of the attributes that help mitigate problems in the locker room ?

image.jpeg.1e33d390a50d9d0bba0a1558de277888.jpeg Reyna Boudica

ElArqueologo.jpg.8ab29ee23b07421d3134d21b8e44ec91.jpg El Arqueólogo

NickGodlaugh.jpg.e40e8ef1b7e4bab7a92af9f82e686650.jpg Nick Godlaugh

Currently the worker count is at 1028. I've just got my second wind on creative so have about another 40 ready to add in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the 1992 mod: as I was trying out different save concepts to see what would stick and become my new long-term save, I realised that some rookies from Mexico (namely Mr. Elektro, and Lizmark Jr.) start with a huge popularity in Mexico.
Now,  I suppose Lizmark Jr. could have gotten a boost from being the heir of Lizmark, but is there a reason for such a huge pop (in its 40 for Lizmark, 62 all around Mexico for Mr. Elektro along with some pop in the US and Japan) ? I'll admit my knowledge of Lucha Libre is limited to "I've heard that name before", but a bit of research has told me Elektro debuted that month and wasn't known before for something else, so I'm curious, especially since he's also starting a bit "broken down" compared to your usual rookie.

Also I've noticed a small mistake with Kal Rudman, who's starting as a 25 year old but, unless I'm thinking of another Rudman, he was probably in his 60's already at the time.

Apart from that, as always an outstanding work from the team, I can't wait for the next update !

8 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

I have a question about the 1992 mod: as I was trying out different save concepts to see what would stick and become my new long-term save, I realised that some rookies from Mexico (namely Mr. Elektro, and Lizmark Jr.) start with a huge popularity in Mexico.
Now,  I suppose Lizmark Jr. could have gotten a boost from being the heir of Lizmark, but is there a reason for such a huge pop (in its 40 for Lizmark, 62 all around Mexico for Mr. Elektro along with some pop in the US and Japan) ? I'll admit my knowledge of Lucha Libre is limited to "I've heard that name before", but a bit of research has told me Elektro debuted that month and wasn't known before for something else, so I'm curious, especially since he's also starting a bit "broken down" compared to your usual rookie.

Also I've noticed a small mistake with Kal Rudman, who's starting as a 25 year old but, unless I'm thinking of another Rudman, he was probably in his 60's already at the time.

Apart from that, as always an outstanding work from the team, I can't wait for the next update !

These popularities are mistakes and have been nerfed in the upcoming version.

Kal Rudman's age will also be fixed.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, Fleisch said:

So to give a little bit of an insight into my new mod, here are a couple of screens;

Screen1.JPG

Screen2.JPG

Screen3.JPG

Screen4.JPG

Screen5.JPG

There will also be some changes to the logo's and company names. Unfortunately I can't remember whose permission I asked for to use some of these logo's and although I was given permission to use them on the 2016 version, some people may have changed their minds on what I use.

Bad Idea Wrestling (the name, not logo) came from me and your welcome to keep it if you've not changed it yet, no harm done if you have, also oddity (I forget the spelling, and I also think I gave him a daughter) came from me and I'm fine with them being used, if you don't mind me asking what do you use to make these renders?

Edited by Peppermint Rage

7 hours ago, Peppermint Rage said:

Bad Idea Wrestling (the name, not logo) came from me and your welcome to keep it if you've not changed it yet, no harm done if you have, also oddity (I forget the spelling, and I also think I gave him a daughter) came from me and I'm fine with them being used, if you don't mind me asking what do you use to make these renders?

Excellent. Thank you. 

I use AI software and then use Paintshop 2023 and/or Gimp to make any tweaks to the images. I used to use DAZ (which a few images still are) but after spending over £300 on clothing/skin/lighting etc... I just didn't like what I was producing.

2 hours ago, Fleisch said:

Excellent. Thank you. 

I use AI software and then use Paintshop 2023 and/or Gimp to make any tweaks to the images. I used to use DAZ (which a few images still are) but after spending over £300 on clothing/skin/lighting etc... I just didn't like what I was producing.

yeah, I don't care for AI stuff, too much sleazyness there, shame, I enjoyed the original mod.

18 hours ago, Peppermint Rage said:

yeah, I don't care for AI stuff, too much sleazyness there, shame, I enjoyed the original mod.

If both the AI company or person using the output are charging money whilst stealing others art then yeah it can be very sleazy. However when doing these images and not inputting any artist name, not charging money etc... I see no difference (morally speaking) in what AI creates to someone creating a 3d model based off of something/someone they have seen. There's arguments for and against AI and I can see both sides of it but seeing as these mods are free I don't think it should matter if AI is used in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleisch said:

If both the AI company or person using the output are charging money whilst stealing others art then yeah it can be very sleazy. However when doing these images and not inputting any artist name, not charging money etc... I see no difference (morally speaking) in what AI creates to someone creating a 3d model based off of something/someone they have seen. There's arguments for and against AI and I can see both sides of it but seeing as these mods are free I don't think it should matter if AI is used in them.

I agree 100 percent with what you said. 

7 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I don't think it's worth picking a fight, but I'll say my counterpoint and than leave it alone, the AI companies even if they're not charging directly still make money off of it, and even if you don't input a specific name, it's still going to be trained on massive amounts of stolen art, even if you're not actively profiting off of it, the AI company still is and every piece of ai art made helps train it which will only make it more and more likely to be used in the even worse stuff.

edit: I hear this there's no difference between an ai copying and mashing together elements they've "seen" and a person making thing based on their influence a lot and I think it's not the same at all, one is an artist taking inspiration, the other is an algorithm mashing together things it stole, even if it's very good at that it's still at it's core doing that.

Edited by Peppermint Rage

8 hours ago, Peppermint Rage said:

I don't think it's worth picking a fight, but I'll say my counterpoint and than leave it alone, the AI companies even if they're not charging directly still make money off of it, and even if you don't input a specific name, it's still going to be trained on massive amounts of stolen art, even if you're not actively profiting off of it, the AI company still is and every piece of ai art made helps train it which will only make it more and more likely to be used in the even worse stuff.

edit: I hear this there's no difference between an ai copying and mashing together elements they've "seen" and a person making thing based on their influence a lot and I think it's not the same at all, one is an artist taking inspiration, the other is an algorithm mashing together things it stole, even if it's very good at that it's still at it's core doing that.

No one is arguing or picking a fight. We will agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinion and thats fine.