United States Pro Wrestlng USPW Thread

has anybody come across or made some extra graphics for titles, brand, tv shows or events for uspw?

I have some "unbranded" graphics that you might find useful.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549683

Haven't updated in a bit, but there might be more in the Custom Graphics Request Thread in the mod forum. If not, feel free to drop a request in that thread.

In 2016, Reverie was set to grow into new territories every year, but now they seem maxed at big or medium in some territories. If I want to get to Titanic is that a problem or is the coverage good enough to get there?

The AI seems to do it within the first year. I'm thinking of reducing the strength of the coverage just so it doesn't happen quite as quickly.

Does Reverie limit the amount of tickets I can sell?

I did a PPV and got 43,000+ paid but both SWF and TCW sold out 50,000 houses for their big events.

That being said I got about 12,000,000 more people to watch my event on Reverie. Is it built in to the game that since my product is so available on TV that fewer people show up or is there something I'm missing?

Does Reverie limit the amount of tickets I can sell?

I did a PPV and got 43,000+ paid but both SWF and TCW sold out 50,000 houses for their big events.

That being said I got about 12,000,000 more people to watch my event on Reverie. Is it built in to the game that since my product is so available on TV that fewer people show up or is there something I'm missing?

Pretty sure that it's limited by size, with factors of location and ticket prices. If it's held in South East then you should have been ok. Did you change the location or arena?

• 4 months later...

They don't have a hook, in my opinion.

They need a dev company and dojo, but its not a struggle to get one. The roster needs splitting up - send the rookies away to learn, put the veteran (and/or) musclebound freaks out to pasture while boosting what talent you do have that are in the midcard (Jameson, Whitlock) then you can raid to your hearts content.

I always create a small broadcaster for the dev company. While the likes of Jack Jackson have pop, then haven't earned it through skill.

No ones posted much regarding USPW for the longest time but with my dynasty running along with Historian and Dark_Raider I was wondering how others have got on with USPW? Or is it a case of everyone wants to try and take down the Superpower?

I just started a save with them as Giant Redwood cos I want to go against the grain of what everyone would normally do with USPW and, from what I remember, how everyone has always booked USPW which is to modernise it and put a greater emphasis on talented young workers. My plan is to push the oldest, corniest, roidiest guys around in hokey old fashioned storylines and end every single show with Nicky Champion posing for the fans. I haven't really gotten into it yet but I'll report back here when I'm a few months in (unless I lose interest as I often do when I start up these "side projects")

Who, if anyone, does everyone hire for the women's division? It's fairly stacked already, though quite a few members of the division are nearing retirement.

Hellcat Hernandez, Electric Dreamer and Purple Viper are 3 hires I try to pick up. The luchadora scene is stacked with talent and USPW could do with some more diversity and colourful characters in the division. Plus they're already talented in the ring and still in prime years. All you need to do is get them over. Easier said than done, of course.

Black Diamond and the Rose & Lilly tag team would make solid pick ups for bolstering the division and getting youth in there.

damn it's actually pretty tough to book USPW huh? I figured it was gonna be sandbox mode but through my first month of TV I'm leaking popularity left and right. I feel like I'm gonna have to start having Nicky Champion singles matches for every tv main event. No wonder I've seen the AI drop down to "Big" with USPW so frequently.

Absolutely. On the surface it should be easy with your top 3 main event talents and all the money in the world. But once you realise it's 70/30 pop>perf and some of your most popular guys don't work TV and that you need 5 storylines at 70 heat (presuming you play with that active) the challenge becomes apparent. I get why a lot of people don't play USPW though and admittedly I haven't til recently. Trying to turn the roster over while staying on top wouldn't be plain sailing though.

Absolutely. On the surface it should be easy with your top 3 main event talents and all the money in the world. But once you realise it's 70/30 pop>perf and some of your most popular guys don't work TV and that you need 5 storylines at 70 heat (presuming you play with that active) the challenge becomes apparent. I get why a lot of people don't play USPW though and admittedly I haven't til recently. Trying to turn the roster over while staying on top wouldn't be plain sailing though.

I went back through your diary and compared my results to yours and its been pretty similar (e.g I ran Whitlock vs Wolf on TV and it got a 69 where it got a 70 for you)

One thing that has concerned me right away is Rich Money's in ring performance. His bouts so far have left a lot to be desired and his PPV main event with Wolf was a real disappointment though not a show killer. I did plan to keep the strap on him for a while, feud with Bulldozer and Law, but maybe I'll switch it back to Nicky a lot sooner

For me, this seems like the C-Verse Databse is a square peg and the game is a round hole. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in the lore of the database that the company is so hard to play, even in the previous games. Their product can also be brutal.

Honestly, given how WWE is turning record profits despite historic low ratings, the fact that USPW is hard to grow in pop despite all their advantages is very believable.

Agreed. They had a meteoric rise to be the undisputed world number one but now the stars who got them there are getting old and the big money feud at game start - Champion vs Frehley - is heavily implied to be a programme they've run and rehashed numerous times already. The same names have been on top for four years.

Also it just reflects the pressures of being the world's largest company. Expectations are high, you need to be delivering excellence every time. They're almost so big that the only way is down. Just like WWE post attitude era, any dip in quality after such a massively successful period is really felt

<p>Big money match for me is Jack Bruce vs Nicky Champion.</p><p> </p><p>

I was able to convince Bruce to come out of retirement (seems he is not on time decline either) and had him cost Nicky Champion his world title match against Steve Frehley. Currently Bruce holds the record for most world title reigns at 7 (of all the major promotions he is tied with Dan Stone Jr who had 7 for NOTBPW) and Nicky is at 6. </p><p>

Jack told Nicky that he wont let him tie his record unless he can beat him. Their match is set for Independence Day Slam.</p><p> </p><p>

Aside from that I have Steve Frehley leading a stable of Cali Slick, Fro Sure, AC Bull (Mutant) and Foxy LaRue. I will have this stable run through the rest of the company until he can face either Bruce or Champion down the road.</p><p> </p><p>

Rich Money is in a hard decline and Running Wolf pop is capped at 78 so both are being phased out of the main even scene. Wolf will be a gatekeeper at the Upper main event level.</p><p> </p><p>

Kirk Jameson, KC Glenn and The Silencer (Goldberg type push. I wanted to test the power of the maturity narrative so I used The Silencer since he was older and it jumped his charisma up to 99, menace 92 and SQ at 76. </p><p>

He can squash all day long and get pop gains) are all getting pushed.</p>

Big money match for me is Jack Bruce vs Nicky Champion.

I was able to convince Bruce to come out of retirement (seems he is not on time decline either) and had him cost Nicky Champion his world title match against Steve Frehley. Currently Bruce holds the record for most world title reigns at 7 (of all the major promotions he is tied with Dan Stone Jr who had 7 for NOTBPW) and Nicky is at 6.

Jack told Nicky that he wont let him tie his record unless he can beat him. Their match is set for Independence Day Slam.

Aside from that I have Steve Frehley leading a stable of Cali Slick, Fro Sure, AC Bull (Mutant) and Foxy LaRue. I will have this stable run through the rest of the company until he can face either Bruce or Champion down the road.

Rich Money is in a hard decline and Running Wolf pop is capped at 78 so both are being phased out of the main even scene. Wolf will be a gatekeeper at the Upper main event level.

Kirk Jameson, KC Glenn and The Silencer (Goldberg type push. I wanted to test the power of the maturity narrative so I used The Silencer since he was older and it jumped his charisma up to 99, menace 92 and SQ at 76.

He can squash all day long and get pop gains) are all getting pushed.

Seems like you're on a good path. The upside of the heavy pop>perf is that depending on far into decline Money is he should still be good for a bit because he's so popular

I feel like if you're USPW and Jack Bruce is keen to come out of retirement you almost have to run Bruce vs Champion as it's one of the ultimate "What If" matches available involving the Icons/GOATs aside maybe Tommy C and Champion (technically we'll have seen Bruce Vs Tommy before from the HGC days).

• 5 weeks later...
just playing a save with EILL and USPW were hit with a scandlel of links to the Mafia, and Allen Packer was removed from owner, just for the next day to be reinstated, just thought this was funny/weird that he was fired, just to be brought back in

Awesome. Does seem like a bug though.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, smmccallum said:

has anyone come up with a name for second show that fits the USPW theme?

In the past I've done a brand split between American Wrestling and a new show called National Wrestling (like the MLB!). 

I've made an event called Civil War. A show called Coast to Coast or Sea to Shining Sea could work to show how they're a national brand...

• Like 1