willr0ck's 2020 Graphics Thread

I am looking for logos, titles, tv shows, and events for the old Hollyweird Grappling Company. If someone has the old ones those will work. Would also be cool to get a new take on them. I tried to search the forums and couldn't find any HGC graphics. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Juce said:

I am looking for logos, titles, tv shows, and events for the old Hollyweird Grappling Company. If someone has the old ones those will work. Would also be cool to get a new take on them. I tried to search the forums and couldn't find any HGC graphics. Thanks!

I believe you're looking for a different thread: https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/48560-custom-graphics-request-thread/

On 9/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, Dorian said:

I could totally see LOTUS, RONIN and KITSUNE being federations together in an alliance. Probably with KITSUNE serving as the developmental for both LOTUS and RONIN, with LOTUS and RONIN being sister companies. With LOTUS and RONIN being heavily into Soap Opuro and KITSUNE running Avantgarde Puroresu.

And now my head is spinning around that idea!

One promotion can't be developmental for two different promotions. 

12 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Bugger, I forgot about that. Since KITSUNE was both male and female originally, I figured it would make more sense to have them field both developmental deals, thinking "oh if I put RONIN as owning the company it can just give developmental" forgetting about the whole still needing to be tagged. 😕 Hm... Now I've got problems.

I guess I could add in BUSHIDO to this conversation, but then you need to put BUSHIDO as RONIN's developmental area, while also making BUSHIDO Gritty Adult Noir as that's relatively similar in terms of matches and angles to Soap Opuro, while stilll retaining the hardcore/deathmatch feel of BUSHIDO. Realistically, you'd probably have to run LOTUS as the developmental area for KITSUNE in this instance, simply because Wild LOTUS Joshi sounds similar to BUSHIDO Blood Puroresu in naming sense.

Though that's just me trying to get myself out of the hole I dug myself into on the idea. LOL. Oh and funny enough Gritty Adult Noir is easier on the body than Soap Opuro.

20 hours ago, Jaysin said:

What if they were independent but accept developmental workers from 2 different promotions? Like how MAW isn't owned by TCW but accepts their workers. Could they not go out and get another similar deal with a different promotion at the same time? I never tried.

3 hours ago, d12345 said:

What if they were independent but accept developmental workers from 2 different promotions? Like how MAW isn't owned by TCW but accepts their workers. Could they not go out and get another similar deal with a different promotion at the same time? I never tried.

The game has no idea of knowing what parent company the worker would belong to contractually. 

15 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Amazing stuff!

Did you have any names in mind for the tournaments?

Thanks! I honestly haven't thought about names at all. I just thought they looked cool. I'll give it some thought and see if anything comes up.

15 hours ago, CGN91 said:

love it!

Glad you like it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, d12345 said:

Brother Grimm doing well? Gil Thomas must be furious.

It would be cool to have a national version for Pittsburgh Steel too.

PSW doesn't deserve nice things. JK, I've actually worked on something similar for PSW in the past but I didn't like how it turned out. Maybe I will revisit it in the future.

22 hours ago, The Swanton825 said:

There's only so many times I can start a new save because of an awesome logo giving me ideas, have mercy! 

I'm happy to be of service sir.

19 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

giphy.gif

pants-ance.gif.abcf30771960f3dde140905486f1db5f.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, willr0ck said:

Actually you guys let me know which one you like the best and that's the one I will use. I'll let Dark_Raider be the tie breaker since it was his idea. (I've given him way too much power here, he will likely go mad)

I feel like the first one looks more like what I would expect from a national company, but the second one feels more creative and probably has a better hardcore promotion vibe.

Either way, I wish I had a tenth of your talent when it comes to creating graphics. You've only gotten better as this year has gone on. 

Much prefer the second logo, as the graffiti font is a hint to the origins of GSW. The first one is a bit too much with the Uncle Sam hat, feels a bit like USPW. The stars and stripes in the background are enough for a National sized promotion in the US.

If you're up for more work on GNW, you could perhaps remove the hat from the first logo and use the graffiti font on the Parental Advisory sticker, kind of a hybrid solution. Might look terrible, but thought I'd share the idea (yeah, I've gone power mad 😛 )