willr0ck's 2020 Graphics Thread

14 hours ago, KingAj said:

I don't have a name or a logo/banner design in mind, so if I give you a backstory and you have free reign to come up with it if you wish, as I love the ideas you come up with anyway.

Backstory: Fantasy C-Verse world, Edd Stone and Ricky DeColt have had enough of being passed over, and thought they would have been handed the wrestling world given their respective families. So they are opening a promotion in Canada with a Mexican influence. Going for a lucharesu entertainment sort of product (forget if the entertainment version exists actually). So Canadian but with Mexican influence as they will run shows in both countries...I can't recall why I came up with that for some reason.

I'm interested to see what Will comes up with as well. Just a quick brainstorm of my own, I like the name Maple Leaf Lucha. 

17 hours ago, GnEric said:

Dang, missed the cut. Guess that's what I get for not checking the boards all weekend. :classic_laugh:

Glad to see you back at it willr0ck. Your belts and logos are top notch.

Not to worry, the creative itch is back after working on OLLIE, so there will be more request opportunities

14 hours ago, ElChorizo said:

I'm interested to see what Will comes up with as well. Just a quick brainstorm of my own, I like the name Maple Leaf Lucha. 

I was thinking something animal themed but that's not bad at all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, willr0ck said:

Not to worry, the creative itch is back after working on OLLIE, so there will be more request opportunities

I was thinking something animal themed but that's not bad at all

Animal-themed is great. That White Canvas Grappling you did was awesome! I was just spit-balling names to myself and like alliteration. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:47 PM, willr0ck said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! 

As I'm about to head into a meeting I just wanted to drop a quick reminder that requests open up at 9am EST, which is about 15 minutes from now. I'll start with 5 spots, as well as anyone who I previously promised a spot, you know who you are so just DM me if you still have a request you want filled.

Am i too late to request something?

On 1/29/2024 at 6:04 PM, lavelleuk said:

I would love to see "Red Canvas Grappling" in the same style you have done for White Canvas/Diamond Canvas Wrestling if possible?

Hi @willr0ck

I'm going to be my usual annoying self now - can I change my request please? Instead of this RCG request can I change it to an alliance logo and belts for all these BCG, WCG and DCG companies? I am thinking something like "The Roaring Lion Alliance" but if you can come up with something better then go for it. 

For the belts I was thinking just the usually Heavyweight, Junior and Openweight singles and then a tag belt, but again if there are names you prefer or think sound better or just look cooler then go for it. You have creative license as always

I hope that is ok!?

8 minutes ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Am i too late to request something?

Requests closed on Monday morning, but I will eventually start taking more requests sometime in the future and I always give several days notice.

7 minutes ago, lavelleuk said:

Hi @willr0ck

I'm going to be my usual annoying self now - can I change my request please? Instead of this RCG request can I change it to an alliance logo and belts for all these BCG, WCG and DCG companies? I am thinking something like "The Roaring Lion Alliance" but if you can come up with something better then go for it. 

For the belts I was thinking just the usually Heavyweight, Junior and Openweight singles and then a tag belt, but again if there are names you prefer or think sound better or just look cooler then go for it. You have creative license as always

I hope that is ok!?

Yes, very much so. There are only so many insert color here Canvas Grappling companies I can do and still remain sane.

On 1/27/2024 at 2:57 PM, willr0ck said:

Reading this after posting, it looks like forgetting to put a coma after entirely makes this come as negative towards AI stuff. That was not a dig at AI content makers, or a negative perception toward AI images, or anything like that. It was more of a "It takes me 10 hours to make a set of graphics, these guys can churn out hundreds in a few days, how the hell can I keep up with that" type of scenario. I mean I've used AI for some content on here as well so I'm not a hater by any means.

I just wanted to make sure I clarified that, as I didn't want anyone to take that the wrong way. 

Much as I appreciate the influx of AI renders, worker portraits especially, they do all tend to coalesce towards a uniformal style that feels somewhat generic after a bit. Can't really tell with an AI portrait who posted it, but I can look at one of the older ones in my folder and instantly tell if it was made by you, King Bison or a couple other people with distinctive styles. Can never automate personality. I'm glad you're still in the game and don't bother feeling bad about keeping up with the sheer volume of AI output art, this isn't a competition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 3:13 PM, willr0ck said:

I had some free time @azzak so I went ahead and knocked out your request - 

image.png.a50efa8a54f36ec0a6bc8dc6bc02a7ad.png

BlankBanner.png.37fac7594456f856a31a34c97ce1e141.png

image.jpeg.e611cb4ba887a5ec5a2e8bda02e6a192.jpeg

So as much as I love these, I suppose I ought to add the company info for my request:

Indian Deathlock Wrestling

I thought it would be cool so set up another yet to open company to add to the default data for the Indian region. Now you might think with the company name that this was a pure wrestling company, right? Well, not quite. The intention is for it to be a submissions-focused Hardcore Wrestling Promotion. Sports Entertainment and Pure Wrestling are already covered in the default data with DSPW and MGPW, so why not give bloodthirsty Indian fans a place to call home?

Main Belt: IDW World Heavyweight Championship

Secondary Belt: IDW Deathlock Championship

Tag Team Belt: IDW Tag Team Championship

Tournament trophy or belt - I'll leave it up to youShiva's Trishula Trios Trophy/Championship*
*delete as appropriate
I was looking into some Indian culture for this company, Shiva is the Hindu God of Destruction and has a trident (Trishula) as his weapon. Felt appropriate enough for a trios trophy or belt in an Indian hardcore promotion!

I have to admit, I'm not sold on the names for the titles (excluding the trios one), so if you can think of anything more creative, please feel free to use! Likewise if anyone else reading has some knowledge of Indian culture and wants to suggest something, please feel free!

• Like 1

I know this is TECHNICALLY not a 2020 request since it's inspired by my SWF '77 save but I feel like they could be used for modern trophies if you wanted.

I run an annual competition for every Big Four show. The Wrestling Classic is a tag team tournament, The Supreme Challenge is a battle royal, Golden Dreams just got its own battle royal, and of course there's King of the Squared Circle. Would it be possible to get trophies for the winners of these tournaments? If not, nbd. I can use generics.

20 hours ago, daddy_shelton said:

I know this is TECHNICALLY not a 2020 request since it's inspired by my SWF '77 save but I feel like they could be used for modern trophies if you wanted.

I run an annual competition for every Big Four show. The Wrestling Classic is a tag team tournament, The Supreme Challenge is a battle royal, Golden Dreams just got its own battle royal, and of course there's King of the Squared Circle. Would it be possible to get trophies for the winners of these tournaments? If not, nbd. I can use generics.

Requests are closed at the moment but I have collected tons of trophies I've collected over the years so I'll take a look and see if something fits.

• Like 1