Best Settings for Local to Global?

Hey Guys I'm looking to see if anyone has any "musts" for setting up a local to global type playthrough with the who87 real roster mods.

Right now I'm trying to run a fed out of the tri-state, started with 50k a few months in I'm losing money fast, about 6K+ a month on the roster alone.

I've signed about 12 people with contracts ranging from 200-800 pay per appearance. I'm only getting about 400$ a month on sponsorships but on some playthroughs I've seen thousands come in on sponsors.

If it changes anything I have a mostly traditional fed with some cult modern and pure on medium.

I don't have any musts (and I woudn't consider myself an expert), but in general (I hope I'm not over-explaining things - apologies if I am):

All products are either Popularity>Performance, Popularity=Performance, or Performance>Popularity. This determines whether match ratings are mostly set by worker skill or worker popularity.

Pop>Perf products are Mainstream, Comedy, and Risque

Pop=Perf products are Traditional, Cult, Hardcore, Lucha Libre, and Daredevil

Perf>Pop products are Modern, Realism, Hyper-Realism, Pure

In general, for a small promotion, it's easier to put on good shows when you are perf>pop (because cheap workers usually aren't very popular). As a promotion grows, this flips, because it's easier to get people to be popular than to get people to be good in the ring.

Products also have variable sponsorship. I think Mainstream gets the most. Traditional and Lucha Libre are close behind, with Comedy just behind them. Everything else is bad. Cult, Modern, Realism, and Daredevil are, I think, still better than Risque, Hyper-Realism, Hardcore, and Pure.

In general, at the very beginning of the game, when you lack money and popularity, you want a product that will let you put on good shows (probably perf>pop) but will also get good sponsorship money. Note that, in general, products that are more performance-focused get less money. So, the reason that you're seeing low sponsorship income is because Cult, Modern, and Pure are all bad for sponsorship. If you tried turning two of those to Low instead of Medium, it would probably help you ease the financial burden. Then, when you grow to a more comfortable position, you can turn them back up a bit. It is also worth carefully watching the Trending products in your area - at low levels, tailoring your product to match those can help quite a bit.

In terms of roster, I would say that 12 is a lot for a company that small. And $800 is probably too much for a contract. Also note that you don't need (and shouldn't have) an announcer or color commentator. A Road Agent is also an unneeded luxury (you can use a wrestler for that). Ideally, you want to have a referee, but you can use a wrestler for that, too (though it will penalize your matches after the first... two?).

Note that two potential exceptions to this are 1) if your user character is very popular, you may be able to use them to get other workers over and thus do better with a popularity-based promotion, and 2) if your product allows it, eye candy matches and sex appeal angles can score very highly for small promotions, and it can be worth using these as your main event (though I wouldn't recommend changing your product just for this).