Gaming the system TEW16&20

<p>I’ve been playing the Death of the Territories mod for TEW2016 as JCP and got pretty successful. As one of the first early game goals I made sure all my main guys have written contracts and put them to some heavy work. Then, I created a new show “NWA On the Road”, which ran in some of my less developed areas every week, with some pretty big names, so they can work their salaries - it turned out to be a bigger thing that my big events, regularly attracting 20-30k after a while and as much as 40-50k in my main areas. A week! In the mid-80s! AI, meanwhile, sticks to its main shows, and its too easy to beat. </p><p> </p><p>

What do you think about it? Mod’s fault, game’s fault, AI’s fault or what? Is continuing that “gaming” the system? How will things like this change in 2020? I suppose that now I could throw more lesser shows on the road and they won’t attract crowds like that, but what about the AI? In 2016 it’s way too passive and doesn’t adapt to the market at all.</p>

The only thing I noticed in 2016 (aside from spamming battle royals to get workers trained up) is when I started a women's division in SWF. Since SWF had Risque set pretty high, adding a women's division meant you needed to have an eye candy match. Now, I would knock Risque down from Heavy to Medium, so I didn't HAVE to use an eye candy match but COULD and get good ratings. And I mean GOOD ratings. Sometimes, it would rate higher than the main event!

Eye Candy matches would give such a huge boost to the performance, bypassing the penalties for pop or performance that would plague women's matches in, say, USPW. Using this, I wound up getting people like Tamara McFly or Bonnie Clyde (?!?) rated higher in the year end rankings over people like DEVIL Karube or the NOTPBW roster.

Now, looking at the new product system, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to do that.

The only thing I noticed in 2016 (aside from spamming battle royals to get workers trained up) is when I started a women's division in SWF. Since SWF had Risque set pretty high, adding a women's division meant you needed to have an eye candy match. Now, I would knock Risque down from Heavy to Medium, so I didn't HAVE to use an eye candy match but COULD and get good ratings. And I mean GOOD ratings. Sometimes, it would rate higher than the main event!

Eye Candy matches would give such a huge boost to the performance, bypassing the penalties for pop or performance that would plague women's matches in, say, USPW. Using this, I wound up getting people like Tamara McFly or Bonnie Clyde (?!?) rated higher in the year end rankings over people like DEVIL Karube or the NOTPBW roster.

Now, looking at the new product system, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to do that.

Always found it interesting how a women's match based on eye candy could easily get an 80+ but a hardcore match with two adrenaline junkies can barely peak 50. Back of my mind makes me think of Meltzer doing these ratings sometimes since Japanese companies put on better ratings with worse popularity too. Maybe he's got a thing for the pretty ladies too. haha

I’m using grades, not points, but with good looking women you can easily get an A every time you use an eye candy fight. I pinched GLOW fighters for my women’s division as JCP, one of my best business decisions ever.

Oh, here's something that's a little gamey- on the character select screen, it shows you exactly what everyone's stats are. So, whatever company you're going to play, filter by that company, write down whatever stats you definitely want to know for as many characters, and then later you won't have to worry about scouting levels or poking your head into the in-game editor.

Oh, here's something that's a little gamey- on the character select screen, it shows you exactly what everyone's stats are. So, whatever company you're going to play, filter by that company, write down whatever stats you definitely want to know for as many characters, and then later you won't have to worry about scouting levels or poking your head into the in-game editor.

Given that you can straight up disable "Pro mode" that seems like a pretty unnecessary thing to do.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48156" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Given that you can straight up disable "Pro mode" that seems like a pretty unnecessary thing to do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but that's CHEATING! *ba-dum-tss*</p>