How To Set Capacity For Locations Discussion

<p>What do you think would be the best way to set capacity for locations, checking the default data they range from 10,000 to 100,000, and reading the <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2324236#post2324236" rel="external nofollow">developer's journal</a>, the max limit is 100,000 but you can draw anything from 0 up to that limit.</p><p> </p><p>

Part of me just thinks set them all to max or to maybe set them up this way.</p><p>

- Major Cities - 100,000 Max</p><p>

- Minor Cities - 50,000 Max</p><p>

- Major Towns - 25,000 Max</p><p>

- Minor Towns - 10,000 Max</p><p>

- Smaller Locations - 5,000 Max</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

What do you think would be the best way to set capacity for locations, checking the default data they range from 10,000 to 100,000, and reading the developer's journal, the max limit is 100,000 but you can draw anything from 0 up to that limit.

Part of me just thinks set them all to max or to maybe set them up this way.

- Major Cities - 100,000 Max

- Minor Cities - 50,000 Max

- Major Towns - 25,000 Max

- Minor Towns - 10,000 Max

- Smaller Locations - 5,000 Max

Thoughts?

At first glance it don't look like a bad idea, and makes sense. But... I would take a look at some of the other mods that have been known to work well in the past (obviously with having a new game it might not be exactly the same) and sort of copy, if not outright import, some of their ideas (including your own).

The default has one as small as 200, and lots up to 300. Lots of athletic centers, libraries even, lol.

If you want to be super accurate you can use this website - http://www.worldstadiums.com

What I did in my game was; in each location I set it to the largest arena in that area.

The largest stadium in Montana is a 25,000 seat football stadium in Missoula. The largest stadium in the city of Billings, Montana is a 12,000 seat arena. I set a location for each of those cities with those numbers being the max.

Conversely I could've just put "Montana" and set it to 25k, but I like to break it down to the city to make touring more fun and accurate.

At first glance it don't look like a bad idea, and makes sense. But... I would take a look at some of the other mods that have been known to work well in the past (obviously with having a new game it might not be exactly the same) and sort of copy, if not outright import, some of their ideas (including your own).

The default has one as small as 200, and lots up to 300. Lots of athletic centers, libraries even, lol.

This isnt about VENUES it's about LOCATIONS, venues havent changes, locations have been added, they are basically what was the old generic venues, but allow a bit more realism with flavour text.

If you want to be super accurate you can use this website - http://www.worldstadiums.com

What I did in my game was; in each location I set it to the largest arena in that area.

The largest stadium in Montana is a 25,000 seat football stadium in Missoula. The largest stadium in the city of Billings, Montana is a 12,000 seat arena. I set a location for each of those cities with those numbers being the max.

Conversely I could've just put "Montana" and set it to 25k, but I like to break it down to the city to make touring more fun and accurate.

I like that logic, basically largest capacity arena in the location and round the number up to a simple whole number, that makes a more quantifiable result than my guesstimations.

This isnt about VENUES it's about LOCATIONS, venues havent changes, locations have been added, they are basically what was the old generic venues, but allow a bit more realism with flavour text.

Yep, totally misunderstood, should have realized something went over my head knowing you already had what I suggested.

I love the new feature, sorry I was 0% helpful.