January 2004 Ruthless Aggression TEW 2020 Mod

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am having the same issue. When you copy the file over to the game folder it also isn't asking to overwrite the old one. Which is probably what is causing the error. I took a look at the properties of your data and the default data file, and yours is saved as .accdb not an .mbd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On my end it's showing as .mdb file. I'm not familiar with why that's happening with you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AstroCreep" data-cite="AstroCreep" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So far this mod is great but Wrestlemania is set for January, I assume you were testing it out? Overall I'm loving it so far though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes! That is exactly why Mania is set there. I forgot to move it back. It's been fixed. Sorry. Glad you're liking it</p>

<p>All right, I haven't booked any shows yet but I took a look through some stuff and found the following:</p><p> </p><p>

- As mentioned, MNM should still be in OVW (Nitro as John Hennigan)</p><p> </p><p>

- Kurt Angle is working as a heel, but I don't think he turned until after No Way Out 2004</p><p> </p><p>

- Matt Hardy is working as a face, but he didn't turn until March of 2004</p><p> </p><p>

- Edge is set on Raw, but was on Smackdown until his return in 2004</p><p> </p><p>

- This might be more of a TEW problem than a mod one, but anyone that had worked as a manager in TEW2016 (for example, Lita being set to manager as "sometimes") has a pop up on the office screen saying that they're a manager without a client, even if manager isn't their main role</p><p> </p><p>

- Some issues with WWE events, both the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are listed as week 1 in January. Something else maybe worth mentioning is that there are a few events outside of the Big 4 that are listed as "above average" in importance, whereas most of them are set to "normal"</p><p> </p><p>

- This is probably a conversion issue, but unfortunately ALL injuries are set so you can perform medium risk surgery for all of them, so all starting injuries have surgery attached to them, which also means that any injuries that realistically can't be fixed by surgery will have that option</p><p> </p><p>

- I'm seeing WWE as having two Raw brands and two Smackdown brands, I'm not sure if that's a TEW glitch or an issue with the conversion</p><p> </p><p>

- WWE is located in New England, but should probably be set to Tri State</p><p> </p><p>

- Some workers are missing, most notably Hulk Hogan, but I'm also unable to find Dustin Rhodes</p><p> </p><p>

- Scott Hall, Vader, and Sean Waltman are set in TNA, but I don't think any of them were employed by them at this time</p><p> </p><p>

- Some workers in TNA have no gimmick</p><p> </p><p>

- Some workers are missing contracts from the original mod (some notable indie names missing contracts: CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles)</p><p> </p><p>

- I don't know if this was in the original mod, but there seem to be some starting hiatuses that are all set to 96 weeks.</p><p> </p><p>

- Lastly, this isn't really an error, but I'd suggest using the updated picture pack that Idol released for the original mod since the one that's linked in this thread is missing some pictures for workers that the updated version isn't (I also think it just looks better), and I'd also suggest downloading his stable logos pack and putting it in the graphics file under the Stables folder</p><p> </p><p>

That's all I saw. At some point, I'll book a few shows and see if anything else comes up.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: Also I haven't read about too many of the issues with conversion, but I'm noticing that a lot of gimmicks start out as Legendary or Awful. I'm not sure if that's something that can be looked at, but it's worth mentioning.</p>

On my end it's showing as .mdb file. I'm not familiar with why that's happening with you.

I sent you a picture of what is going on. If I can open it in Access I could change it but it has a password on it. Any chance instead of just uploading the MDB file you can zip the full data folder? It may be an issue with Google Drive?

I sent you a picture of what is going on. If I can open it in Access I could change it but it has a password on it. Any chance instead of just uploading the MDB file you can zip the full data folder? It may be an issue with Google Drive?

For some reason, it wasn't working for me when downloading from Firefox. I switched to Microsoft Edge (you could try Chrome too) and it downloaded properly.

All right, I haven't booked any shows yet but I took a look through some stuff and found the following:

- As mentioned, MNM should still be in OVW (Nitro as John Hennigan)

- Kurt Angle is working as a heel, but I don't think he turned until after No Way Out 2004

- Matt Hardy is working as a face, but he didn't turn until March of 2004

- Edge is set on Raw, but was on Smackdown until his return in 2004

- This might be more of a TEW problem than a mod one, but anyone that had worked as a manager in TEW2016 (for example, Lita being set to manager as "sometimes") has a pop up on the office screen saying that they're a manager without a client, even if manager isn't their main role

- Some issues with WWE events, both the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are listed as week 1 in January. Something else maybe worth mentioning is that there are a few events outside of the Big 4 that are listed as "above average" in importance, whereas most of them are set to "normal"

- This is probably a conversion issue, but unfortunately ALL injuries are set so you can perform medium risk surgery for all of them, so all starting injuries have surgery attached to them, which also means that any injuries that realistically can't be fixed by surgery will have that option

- I'm seeing WWE as having two Raw brands and two Smackdown brands, I'm not sure if that's a TEW glitch or an issue with the conversion

- WWE is located in New England, but should probably be set to Tri State

- Some workers are missing, most notably Hulk Hogan, but I'm also unable to find Dustin Rhodes

- Scott Hall, Vader, and Sean Waltman are set in TNA, but I don't think any of them were employed by them at this time

- Some workers in TNA have no gimmick

- Some workers are missing contracts from the original mod (some notable indie names missing contracts: CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles)

- I don't know if this was in the original mod, but there seem to be some starting hiatuses that are all set to 96 weeks.

- Lastly, this isn't really an error, but I'd suggest using the updated picture pack that Idol released for the original mod since the one that's linked in this thread is missing some pictures for workers that the updated version isn't (I also think it just looks better), and I'd also suggest downloading his stable logos pack and putting it in the graphics file under the Stables folder

That's all I saw. At some point, I'll book a few shows and see if anything else comes up.

EDIT: Also I haven't read about too many of the issues with conversion, but I'm noticing that a lot of gimmicks start out as Legendary or Awful. I'm not sure if that's something that can be looked at, but it's worth mentioning.

I have fixed the manager problem with the ones I've seen. Matt, Kurt, & Edge are fixed. Hogan & Rhodes were accidentally deleted. They are back in. I'm not sure what contracts to add to Punk, Bryan, and AJ. I have removed all my 411 injuries and imported Adam's. That is probably the best way to go. I added Hall, Vader, Nash, & Waltman to TNA to help with their roster and stars. But I'll remove them. WWE is technically based in New England not Tri State. I'll take a look at the 96 weeks error. All of this will be fixed in the next update which will be today or tomorrow.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BasicThuganomics" data-cite="BasicThuganomics" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Had a little play around with TNA - their PPV schedule is a bit all over the place but I'm not sure if that's a mod issue or the game activating events that may have been set dormant?<p> </p><p> If it's the latter, can I disable this feature in the game?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What do you mean it's all over the place?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrVillian" data-cite="MrVillian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you mean it's all over the place?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just the order they're in seems off, was Genesis not a January PPV?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BasicThuganomics" data-cite="BasicThuganomics" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just the order they're in seems off, was Genesis not a January PPV?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Genesis didn't turn into a January PPV until 2009. The order of PPVs I based it off of the 2005 ppv schedule that TNA actually had.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ColossusPT" data-cite="ColossusPT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have spent a couple of hours going around the mod. The main thing, I think, is slightly buffing the Japanese wrestlers. The top 500 is completly dominated by WWE guys (Kobashi was the only non WWE guy in the top 10 and Misawa was in the 40s there)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just looked and a lot of those guys are at the pop that iDOL set them at when he released it onto 2016. They look fine to me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrVillian" data-cite="MrVillian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have fixed the manager problem with the ones I've seen. Matt, Kurt, & Edge are fixed. Hogan & Rhodes were accidentally deleted. They are back in. I'm not sure what contracts to add to Punk, Bryan, and AJ. I have removed all my 411 injuries and imported Adam's. That is probably the best way to go. I added Hall, Vader, Nash, & Waltman to TNA to help with their roster and stars. But I'll remove them. WWE is technically based in New England not Tri State. I'll take a look at the 96 weeks error. All of this will be fixed in the next update which will be today or tomorrow.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll have to check again in TEW2016 tomorrow, but in this mod for example CM Punk's only contract is with TNA, but in the original mod in 2016, he also works with ROH, among other companies.</p><p> </p><p> Also I just read that the gimmick ratings that I mentioned was part of a conversion glitch, but it's apparently been fixed. So you might want to try converting the gimmicks again if that's possible... although maybe it's tied to the workers? I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it was a known issues that the gimmick ratings were off while converting in older versions.</p>

I'll have to check again in TEW2016 tomorrow, but in this mod for example CM Punk's only contract is with TNA, but in the original mod in 2016, he also works with ROH, among other companies.

Also I just read that the gimmick ratings that I mentioned was part of a conversion glitch, but it's apparently been fixed. So you might want to try converting the gimmicks again if that's possible... although maybe it's tied to the workers? I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it was a known issues that the gimmick ratings were off while converting in older versions.

I put Punk in ROH. I'm gonna play with the gimmicks but I wasn't seeing what you were seeing with the workers ratings on gimmicks. I did mass edit them all to be random rating.

So I'm about to playtest your mod but before I decided to dust off photoshop and see how easy skinning the game would be. I've never done it before, but looks like a lot of work

However I did whip this title screen up before delving into the rest of the skins. Figured I may as well post it. Not sure why as you would only see this when opening up the game but hey ho

It'd go in TEW2020, Skins, (Ruthless Aggression Mod), Backgrounds - Name as Title_Screen

https://i.imgur.com/T3jOM6E.jpg

So I'm about to playtest your mod but before I decided to dust off photoshop and see how easy skinning the game would be. I've never done it before, but looks like a lot of work

However I did whip this title screen up before delving into the rest of the skins. Figured I may as well post it. Not sure why as you would only see this when opening up the game but hey ho

It'd go in TEW2020, Skins, (Ruthless Aggression Mod), Backgrounds - Name as Title_Screen

https://i.imgur.com/T3jOM6E.jpg

Dude that's amazing!!! I really like that! Thanks!

No worries, not sure how many would use it given its just the title screen when the game loads up. However for your own personal enjoyment when you load up the game, I guess it'd be sweet at the very least :D

I have it in my folder now!!! I just gushed over it when it loaded up. That's awesome!!! I'm about to post the new data in a few