January 2004 Ruthless Aggression TEW 2020 Mod

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <strong>I can't remember the name of Ace Steel's school but it is where Punk and Cabana trained at. </strong>Monster Factory, OVW has a training school. These are the ones I came up with off the top of my head but I'm sure there is many more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Windy City Gym, also ran by Danny Dominion</p>

<p>Are the worker's gimmicks ratings randomized when the game world is created?</p><p> </p><p>

Austin's "Badass" is currently rated as Awful, while Tajiri, Noble, and Lamont's (and a few other ridiculous ones) gimmicks are rated as Legendary.</p>

<p>I took a look through the new data and also booked Heat/Raw. Here's what I found:</p><p> </p><p>

- The big number of gimmicks that were either awful or legendary seems to have been fixed, I started a couple games last night and there were a big number of those, but it seems to have gone back to normal</p><p> </p><p>

- With the change to injuries, the starting injuries of Hook Bomberry, DDP, Desire, Edge, Jody Fleisch, Gail Kim, Zach Gowen, Sylvain Grenier, Hulk Hogan, Rodney Mack, Miyaki Frantz, Christopher Nowinski, Sean O'Haire, Amazing Red, William Regal, Ryan Wilson, and The Undertaker are gone. I think some people would probably like them removed so you don't have to wait for them to come back, but if you're aiming for realism, those could be added back</p><p> </p><p>

- Edge is set to a heel, but I think he was working face until his injury and upon his return</p><p> </p><p>

- Victoria/Stevie Richards are a heel/face pair. I'd either suggest removing her as his manager or even just turning her face as she turned face at the end of 2003/start of 2004. I'm not sure if Stevie was working heel or face at the time</p><p> </p><p>

- TNA Sacrifice event is spelled as "TNA Sacrafice"</p><p> </p><p>

- TNA has two inactive TVs, one is just another NWA:TNA on PPV, the other one is the yet to exist TNA Impact</p><p> </p><p>

- I think No Way Out should be set to February Week 3 and Judgement Day should be set to May Week 3</p><p> </p><p>

- CM Punk is missing the following contracts: PWG, IWA:MS, FWA</p><p> </p><p>

- AJ Styles is missing the following contracts: PWG, 3PW, BCW, NLW</p><p> </p><p>

- Bryan Danielson is missing the following contracts: NJPW, ECWA, PWG (as American Dragon), MLW</p><p> </p><p>

- Christopher Daniels is missing the following contracts: NJPW (as Curry Man), PWG, ECWA</p><p> </p><p>

- The following should be removed as road agents: Al Snow, Bill DeMott, Bruce Prichard, Jim Ross, Johnny Ace, Sgt. Slaughter, Tazz, Tim White, Val Venis</p><p> </p><p>

- The following should be removed as referees: Jacqueline, Dave Hebner</p><p> </p><p>

- As mentioned, Josh Mathews has a CLONE of himself roaming the earth</p><p> </p><p>

- Lastly, Undertaker is set to Smackdown, which is correct, but for the sake of his starting storyline with Kane, might be worth moving him to RAW, but I think that's just to make things easier</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Edge was a face when he came back from his spine injury, he didn't turn heel until the groin injury and return from that. It is important as that is the catalyst that allowed him to start moving further up the card.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, that's correct.</p><p> </p><p> Also, a question for MrVillian. Did you manually set any of the attributes to the workers, or are they all a result of the conversion? I saw a few that I disagreed with, but it's really just based on opinion, but I was wondering if they were manually set.</p>

Yeah, that's correct.

Also, a question for MrVillian. Did you manually set any of the attributes to the workers, or are they all a result of the conversion? I saw a few that I disagreed with, but it's really just based on opinion, but I was wondering if they were manually set.

When disagreeing with stats its usually a whole lot easier to say what you specifically disagree with as opposed to just a blanket statement.

Thank you for the hard work you have put into this Mod, 2004 is an amazing place to start and hopefully rebuild TNA. I'm just having problems with the pics. I downloaded the Graphics pack and installed them in the pictures folder but they workers, events etc aren't displaying any pics. Have a feeling i'm doing something wrong?

When disagreeing with stats its usually a whole lot easier to say what you specifically disagree with as opposed to just a blanket statement.

Well, I don't mean stats, I'm talking about the new attributes in 2020, so if they were just automatically made in the conversion process then there's no point in disagreeing with them, or even if he did set some of them himself then it's just his opinion. Off the top of my head though, stuff like Batista having Slow and Steady and HHH being an amazing baby face and a squash match master. Just a few like that that stood out to me.

Thank you for the hard work you have put into this Mod, 2004 is an amazing place to start and hopefully rebuild TNA. I'm just having problems with the pics. I downloaded the Graphics pack and installed them in the pictures folder but they workers, events etc aren't displaying any pics. Have a feeling i'm doing something wrong?

Once your save is loaded up, you have to go into options and there's an option to set pictures. Should show up there.

I second the attributes needing a possible once over. Jake Roberts doesn't have any drugs/alcohol issues checked or at least known. But by 2004 his substance abuse issues where well documented. I mean it was a major part of his storyline in 96/97 in the WWF where he came back as a Christian and constantly had Lawler berating him about being a drunk.

I would look into adding more training facilities as that is a much more needed feature in the game now. A few off the top of my head from this time period would be. APW Boot Camp connected to APW, the UPW Training Facility connected to UPW. The NJPW Dojo and NJPW US Dojo, most of the Japanese companies should have their own dojo as that is generally how they get their workers. ROH has a school as does CHIKARA. I can't remember the name of Ace Steel's school but it is where Punk and Cabana trained at. Monster Factory, OVW has a training school. These are the ones I came up with off the top of my head but I'm sure there is many more.

I will look into adding some of those for the next update by tonight.

Are the worker's gimmicks ratings randomized when the game world is created?

Austin's "Badass" is currently rated as Awful, while Tajiri, Noble, and Lamont's (and a few other ridiculous ones) gimmicks are rated as Legendary.

They are completely random when the world is created.

Yeah, that's correct.

Also, a question for MrVillian. Did you manually set any of the attributes to the workers, or are they all a result of the conversion? I saw a few that I disagreed with, but it's really just based on opinion, but I was wondering if they were manually set.

I manually set quite a bit. Whose do you disagree with?

It might be worth setting a few to what they should be like Austin or Undertaker. That way megastars with unique gimmicks aren't showing up as awful.

I'll go ahead and do that for the next update as well. The game converted Jake Roberts over as a former drunk former druggie, is he still on them in 2004??

I'll go in and fix HHH and Batista's attributes. After running a test, I saw that slow and steady weren't working. I do think HHH is a squash master...

I'll go ahead and do that for the next update as well. The game converted Jake Roberts over as a former drunk former druggie, is he still on them in 2004??

I'll go in and fix HHH and Batista's attributes. After running a test, I saw that slow and steady weren't working. I do think HHH is a squash master...

I did a long match with HBK on my first card and I think he got a bonus from slow and steady, although I could be wrong, but the match was rated over 90. The issue with slow and steady I have is that it assumes that they don't work as well in shorter matches, but obviously someone like Shawn Michaels can work any length of match and have it be good. I'm sure the penalty is small though, so maybe it is a good attribute for someone like HBK or HHH where their best work are in their epics.

The only reason I mentioned it for Batista is because at this point in 2004 he was still really green, so I doubt that he would have benefited from 15+ minute matches.

Also I just imagined the squash match attribute being more suited towards someone like Goldberg, where it's clear that he benefits from dominating in a match as that's one of his specialities as a performer. Although I'm sure HHH is a fine squasher, I've just mostly known him to have full matches for the most part.

I did a long match with HBK on my first card and I think he got a bonus from slow and steady, although I could be wrong, but the match was rated over 90. The issue with slow and steady I have is that it assumes that they don't work as well in shorter matches, but obviously someone like Shawn Michaels can work any length of match and have it be good. I'm sure the penalty is small though, so maybe it is a good attribute for someone like HBK or HHH where their best work are in their epics.

The only reason I mentioned it for Batista is because at this point in 2004 he was still really green, so I doubt that he would have benefited from 15+ minute matches.

Also I just imagined the squash match attribute being more suited towards someone like Goldberg, where it's clear that he benefits from dominating in a match as that's one of his specialities as a performer. Although I'm sure HHH is a fine squasher, I've just mostly known him to have full matches for the most part.

I can agree with Batista. At this point he wasn't having those long single matches. I removed squasher from HHH. That's fair enough. Do you suggest I should remove slow and steady so it doesn't hinder their short matches?

I can agree with Batista. At this point he wasn't having those long single matches. I removed squasher from HHH. That's fair enough. Do you suggest I should remove slow and steady so it doesn't hinder their short matches?

I'm not sure, I've only booked one show so I don't know how bad the penalty is. I do think workers like HHH and Shawn Michaels have great long matches though, so maybe it's worth keeping it as an attribute to reflect that in gameplay, but I guess I'd just leave it up to the mod maker!

So I'm about to playtest your mod but before I decided to dust off photoshop and see how easy skinning the game would be. I've never done it before, but looks like a lot of work

However I did whip this title screen up before delving into the rest of the skins. Figured I may as well post it. Not sure why as you would only see this when opening up the game but hey ho

It'd go in TEW2020, Skins, (Ruthless Aggression Mod), Backgrounds - Name as Title_Screen

https://i.imgur.com/T3jOM6E.jpg

That's a great picture! Something that I was looking forward to with Idol reworking this mod was that I figured he'd make a great intro screen, possibly like the one in the default database where it goes through the regions of the game world, basically introducing the mod. I doubt we'll see that now that MrVillian is doing the converting, but this is a good replacement!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZachBraff" data-cite="ZachBraff" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did a long match with HBK on my first card and I think he got a bonus from slow and steady, although I could be wrong, but the match was rated over 90. The issue with slow and steady I have is that it assumes that they don't work as well in shorter matches, but obviously someone like Shawn Michaels can work any length of match and have it be good. I'm sure the penalty is small though, so maybe it is a good attribute for someone like HBK or HHH where their best work are in their epics. <p> </p><p> The only reason I mentioned it for Batista is because at this point in 2004 he was still really green, so I doubt that he would have benefited from 15+ minute matches.</p><p> </p><p> Also I just imagined the squash match attribute being more suited towards someone like Goldberg, where it's clear that he benefits from dominating in a match as that's one of his specialities as a performer. Although I'm sure HHH is a fine squasher, I've just mostly known him to have full matches for the most part.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Roberts didn't get clean until the last couple years. Also TNA has a dirty doctor backstage for some reason. And I think that caused pretty much every X-Division wrestlers to get on steroids within a day. I would verify they don't start that way, and also take out the dirty doctor.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZachBraff" data-cite="ZachBraff" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48346" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's a great picture! Something that I was looking forward to with Idol reworking this mod was that I figured he'd make a great intro screen, possibly like the one in the default database where it goes through the regions of the game world, basically introducing the mod. I doubt we'll see that now that MrVillian is doing the converting, but this is a good replacement!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks! I haven't played around with photoshop in almost a year, never did skins before either but the Intro screens much like this 'title screen' are fairly simple to do given there's no limitations other than size. </p><p> </p><p> With almost every new mod/skin there's space on the office screen to add specific graphics just to feel more personalised.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/vNnOvbY.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/vNnOvbY.jpg</a></p><p> </p><p> For example. I can't see any reason where information will stretch this far across the office screen. Re-skinning the entire game would be a challenge but simple additions to pre-existing skins for this office page adds a little personalised touch to specific mods I think. Just a placeholder but its fairly easy for anyone to do.</p>

Roberts didn't get clean until the last couple years. Also TNA has a dirty doctor backstage for some reason. And I think that caused pretty much every X-Division wrestlers to get on steroids within a day. I would verify they don't start that way, and also take out the dirty doctor.

Roberts is fixed and dirty doctor is gone. That was concerted over.

That's a great picture! Something that I was looking forward to with Idol reworking this mod was that I figured he'd make a great intro screen, possibly like the one in the default database where it goes through the regions of the game world, basically introducing the mod. I doubt we'll see that now that MrVillian is doing the converting, but this is a good replacement!

I was looking forward to the intros by iDOL as well... unfortunately I do not know how to make those. Sorry. That'd be great if he lent his time to make some for us. From the sounds of it....he isn't going to be making this mod for 2020 which is why I'm trying to make this the best possible mod that I can

I was looking forward to the intros by iDOL as well... unfortunately I do not know how to make those. Sorry. That'd be great if he lent his time to make some for us. From the sounds of it....he isn't going to be making this mod for 2020 which is why I'm trying to make this the best possible mod that I can