Hello everyone! I have a question about the creation of generic workers. Does the game is able to create workers that are French Canadians? Are they able to give them french names even if they are from Canada? I ask this because I am French Canadian myself, and when I played tew 2016, they created workers in a game I played in a real world mod, with french names but they were from Ontario. I hope now that the game knows that people from Québec speak French 😉 that’s all.

So, I created a school based in Québec in the game to test this, set the school to graduate in January, started a game unemployed, and multi-advanced to Feb. The students were named:

Aubin Girard

Berangaria Mirabeau

Cherrelle Rameau

Chevalier Grenier

Jean-François Cavour

Joshua Plotcheck

Karoly Delaitre

Norman Death

But none speak French, only English.

So, I created a school based in Québec in the game to test this, set the school to graduate in January, started a game unemployed, and multi-advanced to Feb. The students were named:

Aubin Girard

Berangaria Mirabeau

Cherrelle Rameau

Chevalier Grenier

Jean-François Cavour

Joshua Plotcheck

Karoly Delaitre

Norman Death

But none speak French, only English.

The name are good but they should be bilinguals.

Hello everyone! I have a question about the creation of generic workers. Does the game is able to create workers that are French Canadians? Are they able to give them french names even if they are from Canada? I ask this because I am French Canadian myself, and when I played tew 2016, they created workers in a game I played in a real world mod, with french names but they were from Ontario. I hope now that the game knows that people from Québec speak French 😉 that’s all.

Why would having french names but being from Ontario be a problem? Ontario has a large French Canadian population?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alex the Tall" data-cite="Alex the Tall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48354" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The name are good but they should be bilinguals.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah... I don’t know why they didn’t program the game like that. Well the names aren’t so bad, a little bit weird hahaha, at least for the language we can modify it in the options.</p>

Yeah... I don’t know why they didn’t program the game like that. Well the names aren’t so bad, a little bit weird hahaha, at least for the language we can modify it in the options.

I'm a wrestler/promoter from the Quebec scene. Not every wrestlers*speaks french. Alot of them are only English. We also have a bunch of workers that only speaks French.

Why would having french names but being from Ontario be a problem? Ontario has a large French Canadian population?

They've even got a flag & an anthem! I dont know these things because I had to suffer through weird franco-ontarian patriotism in francophone ontario schools e_e

Id argue probably 10% of Ontario-based gens should have francophone names.

In the editor you can adjust/remove the worker names you don't like and will never have to see them again!

The names you listed are designated as French in the default editor so might be a bug that they don't speak French when generated.

Probably a good idea to drop that note in the Technical Support forum.

Every region of Canada in the game should have a different level of "french-canadian" presence in names and language.

Quebec -> Ontario/The Maritimes -> Other Regions

This would be in line with the popularity spillover of Quebec and the fact that Ontario and The Maritimes are, in my knowledge, Canada's regions where french canadians (or assimilated) are the most presents, after quebec.

I don't know if it's possible to do this in the game by modifying the database. But yeah, way more in-game workers spawning in Quebec should speak french even if it's not 100% of them.

It's just the opinion of a non-canadian French. :p

Every region of Canada in the game should have a different level of "french-canadian" presence in names and language.

This would be in line with the popularity spillover of Quebec and the fact that Ontario and The Maritimes are, in my knowledge, Canada's regions where french canadians (or assimilated) are the most presents, after quebec.

I don't know if it's possible to do this in the game by modifying the database. But yeah, way more in-game workers spawning in Quebec should speak french even if it's not 100% of them.

I can't understand anything when a 'French Canadian' from the maritimes speaks the me. Been on tour over there, i didn't even realise those people were speaking french to me. Haha!

I can't understand anything when a 'French Canadian' from the maritimes speaks the me. Been on tour over there, i didn't even realise those people were speaking french to me. Haha!

As a French, it's pretty easy to understand a Quebecois (except for slangs) but I'm pretty sure I couldn't chat with an Acadian/Cajun for 15minutes without decoding.

Glad to see some quebec folks here! In my QPW game, I just stopped hiring only french speaking wrestler because all the good french speaking wrestlers were either already working for ACPW, or not that good for an entertainement product. I kind of just hire wrestler from Canada and roleplay they speak french lol

Glad to see some quebec folks here! In my QPW game, I just stopped hiring only french speaking wrestler because all the good french speaking wrestlers were either already working for ACPW, or not that good for an entertainement product. I kind of just hire wrestler from Canada and roleplay they speak french lol

If you get a worker to move to Quebec they will learn French over a period of time in the game. No need to not hire people because they can't speak the local language at the time you want to hire them.

I'm not sure if Maritimes is French in the game, but you can certainly set all of the locations and venues to be more French than English in the editor