Comedy/Eye Candy Angles

<p>With TEW 2020 allowing Road Agent notes in angles, I think it would be interesting to allow angles to be booked as Comedy or Eye Candy segments, essentially with the intent that these segments would count toward the show requirements for these kind of matches (e.g. if your product required at least one Eye Candy match, you could put on either an Eye Candy match or an Eye Candy angle to meet that requirement).</p><p> </p><p>

From a realism perspective, I expect that most companies that use these kinds of products regularly don't include them constantly. That is, I expect that, even during the Attitude Era, there wasn't an eye candy match on every episode of RAW - but there might have been an eye candy segment. It gives more reason for those bikini contests and catfights. Likewise with comedy. Allowing angles to count toward these requirements might allow for a better representation of some types of products.</p><p> </p><p>

From a gameplay perspective, this could help to both make products more exact (in that, for example, even an all-male Attitude product (like old SWF) could be required to have eye candy segments of some type) while also allowing more user flexibility (for example, a Skit Show product could now be portrayed as comedic throughout or as a mix of comedic angles with relatively serious matches). Even for cases where players want to use all of the match types regularly, it allows a bit more flexibility in booking individual shows without straying out of the basic product parameters.</p><p> </p><p>

In terms of implementation, I would think that there should be some minimum length for these angle aims (to avoid people throwing in a quick one minute angle to meet the requirement) and probably limits on how they have to be rated. So an Eye Candy angle might require at least half of the workers to be rated on Sex Appeal, and a Comedy angle might require them to be rated on Entertainment (ideally, it would also take into account their attributes).</p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts?</p>

<p>Good idea. This is definitely missing.</p><p> </p><p>

I wouldn’t put a minimum cap on angles tho. It’s perfectly fine if someone book a 1 minute angle. WWE booked a lot of angles that didn’t even last 1 minute and these weren’t throwaways. The player would just have more time to fill if all they are booking is 1 minute angles.</p>

I don't think it makes sense in an Attitude Entertainment product for sex appeal/eye candy angles or matches to get a cap in the rating. At one point Sable was getting the 2nd biggest pops of the night after Austin and if you would look at the angles she had they were mostly eye candy/sex appeal

Good idea. This is definitely missing.

I wouldn’t put a minimum cap on angles tho. It’s perfectly fine if someone book a 1 minute angle. WWE booked a lot of angles that didn’t even last 1 minute and these weren’t throwaways. The player would just have more time to fill if all they are booking is 1 minute angles.

I don't think that there should be a general minimum length of angles. Here, though, I think that if eye candy or comedy is a big enough part of your product that you are required to have some on your show, I wouldn't think that 1 minute would be enough to satisfy the fans.

So, while I would say, in general, that I agree that very short angles are entirely reasonable, when looking specifically at meeting your product requirements, I think you should be required to spend a bit of time on it. I'm open to disagreement.