Mid Atlantic Wrestling: Not Just Another Feeder League

Beginnings

Professional wrestling has a long and storied history. From the highs of United States Pro Wrestling, to the lows of the recently defunct Warrior Engine XXV. History is written by the victors, so states noted scholar Walter Benjamin, and while the industry is littered with notable success and catastrophic failures, that is not where our story lies.

We begin our tale deep in the heart of Baltimore, with the tiny company of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, known as MAW to the wider community, she has been putting on affordable shows for the greater Baltimore community for the last 15 years and shows no signs of stopping. Having been founded by the legendary Rip Chord in 2005, and handed over to the great Sam Keith in 2011, MAW has provided the wrestling world with some of its top stars in the last decade and a half, however all good things must come to an end.

Having signed an agreement to take developmental talent from Total Championship Wrestling following the loss of some of their biggest stars over the last 4 years, Sam Keith and booker Jay Fair have found themselves at a crossroads. Do they continue to push through in their meagre existence, or reach for something greater, to one day reach the pinnacle of the wrestling industry?

Regardless of their destiny both Keith and Fair knew stagnation was the prelude to disaster, and after a number of phone calls: All Canada Pro Wrestling, Comité Internacional de Lucha Libre, FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling and Queens of America Wrestling joined the Confederation Of The Territories, the alliance standing now nine strong, dedicated to sharing talent and strengthening the reserves of the independent wrestling scene of Canada, Mexico and the United States.

Jay Fair sat on his living room sofa examining his personal roster spreadsheet. He had become adept with Excel in the years since Sam Keith handed him the book. 24 guys, all hungry for opportunity filled the roster with one more on the way. Fair realised he had made a mistake towards the end of 2019 as his roster had become slightly off-balance with too many heels when compared to faces. He had lost track of things somewhat ever since TCW started sending their young guys down to him. The MAW fans didn’t take particularly well when news broke of the relationship and Fair found that fans were naturally inclined to boo the newcomers, treating them like invaders.

Bradley Blaze, having won the Mid Atlantic Championship at Where It All Begins Again in 2019 found himself poised to embark on a true ace run. Jay knew that Blaze could carry the company for a long time if he stayed, but chances are the sharks were already beginning to close in on Brad. He hoped he could hold onto him at least until year’s end and that his new rivalry with Cheetah would get butts in seats.

It was late, just past midnight and his wife had gone to bed but there was one piece of business he needed to take care of before bed. Sam Keith had been the sole person putting the matches together and at 58, he wasn’t getting any younger. Jay thought it was time for a second road agent to come in, somebody who could bring a whole new perspective to the locker room and help them push on to a whole new level. He opened his email and began, “Dear Ms. McFly…”

A/N:Right, I'm actually dedicated to this diary. I've had a lot of feelings about how things are in MAW at the beginning of 2020 and I said to myself "Well if you're so smart, you do better" so this will be my attempt to do so. I won't lie, updates will be drip fed a little bit for the foreseeable due to the delayed release. This was planned to have started over the weekend but y'know, no plan survives contact with the enemy and all that!

Mid Atlantic Wrestling Roster

Acid II hgbDUGV.jpgAde Nelson fow0KIp.jpgBradley Blaze eyU1RfU.jpg

Cheetah Boy SJXC8qP.jpgCopperhead O6W2kJW.jpgDeAnna Desire 8hzxxbN.jpg

Deuce Deadline O6W2kJW.jpgDuke Freeman EhDllvy.jpgErnest Duke-Forsythe nrWiQzp.jpg

Frankie-Boy FernandessBMuULS.jpgGuillotine RaR7Te4.jpgHarvey Robbinfield UfvEqMG.jpg

Ho Tinh un5wyqT.jpgJay Fair 4sfQFVg.jpgJaylon Martins nY8vgU8.jpg

Joey Fili jgNIt41.jpgJohnny Needham kcT3xRv.jpgJonah Pilgrim JGCK6lR.jpg

Josh Jacobs S6XMtek.jpgKyle Diamond Oz2mN8K.jpgLisa Bowen n1afcJV.jpg

Marvin Earnest Mo9zAHQ.jpgMiller Fforde A2rKr7a.jpgNate DeMarcus jai7S2E.jpg

Paris Burnett ja033tX.jpgSam Keith 6r93zC7.jpgSandman Winks gYPF5yC.jpg

Sean Noggins 54PX4yl.jpgSeth Whitehead dIN9Hsc.jpgSimon Ice E8rmT00.jpg

Sione Tokoeka SLAlqSt.jpgTamara McFly UHGn4qP.jpgThe Architect CkRqHlE.jpg

The Historian h3rOlS4.jpgTrix Triumph o5swv69.jpgTyrone Gray fI3iMjC.jpg

The January Roundp!

TopRopeElbow.com presents An Interview with Sam Keith, by Ricky Gibbons

As some of you may know I am a big fan of independent wrestling, so when I reached out for an interview with Sam Keith, owner of Mid Atlantic Wrestling I was giddy like a schoolgirl. While it was just a phone interview owing to our conflicting schedules I hope you all enjoy this interview as much as I enjoyed conducting it.

Hello Mr. Keith, thank you for taking the time for this interview today. Let me preface this by saying I’ve always been a big fan of your work, and what you’ve done with Mid Atlantic Wrestling is amazing. The Confederation of the Territories was a stroke of genius.

S/K: Thank you, although I can’t take all of the credit for founding The Confederation. It was like a political alignment of the stars. Right place, right time and everybody was getting desperate. We all saw what happened to 4C. They wanted to grow past needing The Confederation, and I don’t blame them for that. But too much too soon and boom. I just hope it doesn’t dissuade anybody else from making that kind of move.

Speaking of The Confederation, four new companies announced they were joining on January 1, how did that come about, and why?

S/K: Well the why is pretty simple really. Why does any company with their pockets lined sign up every talent they can get their hands on? To have the best talent available at any given time. Independent wrestling is thriving at the moment, but it’s a precarious balance. We’re all in this together.

Do you believe the relationship between MAW and Total Championship Wrestling, or the recently announced partnership between EILL and OLLIE will taint that somewhat?

Not at all if I’m being totally honest. Despite the common misconception neither OLLIE nor ourselves have been bought by these bigger companies. The ball is in our court as to whether we accept talents from our partners or if we continue the relationship at all. We want to provide fans with the best action possible, so bringing bigger companies into the fold will hopefully provide the high quality wrestling fans have come to expect.

Speaking of what fans should expect, do you have any news on the upcoming Rip Chord Invitational in a few weeks?

S/K: Well I won’t give too much away of course, but I can announce now that there will be a Mid Atlantic Championship match between Bradley Blaze and Cheetah Boy on the card. So expect a double main event between that and the tournament final.

Well, thank you so much for your time today Mr. Keith, I hope we can do this again soon.

S/K: You’re very welcome and I hope so too.

TopRopeElbow.com present the Rip Chord Invitational 2020 participants

Number 1

ilXclIn.jpg

Representing Invincible Pro Wrestling is the IPW Champion Aldous Blackfriar. The young upstart has been riding a huge wave of momentum since beginning his feud with Deacon Darkhold and the graduate of the TCW School of Pro Wrestling has been rumoured to have been on company radars for the last number of years. Could this be his chance to break out in another promotion? Only time will tell.

Number 2

ZlMI8Mm.jpg

Americana Jr of All Canada Pro Wrestling has been making waves recently as the second coming of American Elemental, and the former American Elemental II seems destined to follow in his mentor’s footsteps of becoming a top junior heavyweight in Japan. Will the RCI bring him one step closer to joining his mentor in Burning Hammer of the Wrestling God? We’ll have to wait and see.

Number 3

YSR3XiJ.jpg

Puerto Rico’s favourite snake enthusiast is entering his first RCI in hopes of bringing the trophy back to the shining star of The Caribbean. His vicious throwback brawling style should go down a treat with the MAW faithful and there is every chance owner Sam Keith himself sees Cobra as a future top heel in The Confederation.

Number 4

QO0sLQG.jpg

The Crusader comes to MAW off the back of a successful year as part of The Cleansing stable in CILL. He is quoted as saying “I wish to clean the filth from the territories, so all can be well again.” One can only imagine the path of destruction Crusader and his stablemates could leave in their wake if left unchecked.

Number 5

aKF1mAS.jpg

Boasting a career older than many of the participants in this year’s tournament the Mexican veteran El Critico will surely view this as a last hurrah before he rides off into the sunset for good. Will we see an Indian summer for the former partner of El Leon or will he simply not have enough in the tank to go all the way?

Number 6

sBMuULS.jpg

California native Frankie-Boy Fernandes has been earmarked for success since he debuted nearly ten years ago in CZCW but thus far he has failed to find the accolades so many believed would follow him throughout his career. Having entered the singles ranks, and approaching thirty years of age the time may be right for Frankie-Boy to achieve top honours as a competitor.

Number 7

b5tfsHr.jpg

Masked Stranger has found himself at an impasse in his career. At thirty years old he has managed to become the first every “triple crown” champion in IPW history and also sits currently as the NYCW Tri-State Regional champion. With so little left to prove and a lot of road ahead of him in his career it may be time for the man who is no stranger to gold, to add Rip Chord’s famed trophy to his collection.

Number 8

CkRqHlE.jpg

The Architect is the only entrant to this year’s RCI due to the expansion of The Confederation on January 1. The clever technician could well be poised for a breakout year in MAW, and odds are in his favour considering the tournament has not been won by a non-MAW worker since Steve Flash in 2011 (The only non-MAW talent to do so). While the numbers don’t lie The Architect has failed to deliver the goods a number of times, including a poor run as tag team champions alongside Jonah Pilgrim and a failed challenge for the Mid Atlantic Championship against former champion Miller Fforde.

The Wrap Up

We are also glad to report that an inside source has confirmed that the new signing rumoured to be coming to MAW is in fact one of the participants in this year’s Rip Chord Invitational. We here at Top Rope Elbow think any member of the tournament could do great things in MAW and are excited to see who will be sticking around beyond January.

The full tournament bracket is expected to be released very shortly and we will be reporting on it as soon as it is.

TopRopeElbow.com report: Full Rip Chord Invitational XV Card Revealed!

Mid Atlantic Wrestling have today revealed the whole card for their January event The Rip Chord Invitational XV complete with tournament bracket! Find the full match card below!

ofvU71V.png

Rip Chord Invitational XV Card

Fri, Wk 4, Jan 2020

Opening Match

Rip Chord Invitational Quarter-Final Match 1

15-Minute Time Limit

Aldous Blackfriar (IPW) vs The Architect (MAW)

Rip Chord Invitational Quarter-Final Match 2

15-Minute Time Limit

Cobra (FCW) vs Masked Stranger (NYCW)

Rip Chord Invitational Quarter-Final Match 3

15-Minute Time Limit

Americana Jr. (ACPW) vs El Critico (OLLIE)

Rip Chord Invitational Quarter-Final Match 4

15-Minute Time Limit

Crusader (CILL) vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes (CZCW)

Rip Chord Invitational Semi-Final Match 1

15-Minute Time Limit

Winner of QF 1 vs Winner of QF 2

Rip Chord Invitational Semi-Final Match 2

15-Minute Time Limit

Winner of QF 3 vs Winner of QF 4

Rip Chord Invitational Final

No Time Limit

Winner of SF 1 vs Winner of SF 2

Main Event

Mid Atlantic Championship Match

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

Cheetah Boy vs Bradley Blaze ©

Bonus prediction: Which tournament entrant will be the new permanent member of the MAW roster?

Fri, Wk 4, Jan 2020

Opening Match

15-Minute Time Limit

While Blackfrair is IPW's big star, with just The Architect representing MAW, I think this tournament is designed to showcase him and get him established as a major heel to challenge babyface champion Bradley Blaze.

15-Minute Time Limit

I'm guessing stranger comes in as the face, which makes me feel like he'll win.

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

The Architect vs Masked Stranger

Architect gets the win here to set him up for the next round.

15-Minute Time Limit

El Critico vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes

This should be a good match between two long-time members of the COTT.

No Time Limit

The Architect vs Frankie Boy Fernandes

The Architect wins the whole thing, having beaten a representative from newcomer IPW and COTT originals NYCW and CZCW.

Main Event

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

Blaze's reign is only just getting started, I don't see there being a title change this quick into his reign.

Opening Match

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

15-Minute Time Limit

The Architect (MAW) vs Cobra (FCW)

15-Minute Time Limit

Americana Jr. (ACPW) vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes (CZCW)

No Time Limit

Cobra (FCW) vs Frankie-Boy Fernandes (CZCW)

Main Event

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

Foundations

The fifteenth annual Rip Chord Invitational. The most hotly anticipated tournament in independent wrestling. The chance to make a star or cement one as a company talisman. Jay Fair knew all too well how important the RCI was to setting a high standard for the year to come, and choosing a deserving and sensible winner was going to get the ball rolling on the year’s stories. Greg Gauge, Sam Keith’s son, had won the tournament for 3 of the last 5 years and while some in the media called nepotism it was clear to anybody who watched the show that Greg was far and away the best wrestler and the top star in the company. Bradley Blaze became the star of the show after his win last year, but even he knew he was no Greg Gauge.

The new additions to the Confederation meant that for the first time in its long history all 8 men in the tournament were representing a different company, and while nobody from outside of MAW had won the tournament since Steve Flash in 2011, it never looked more likely that there could be a surprise victory.

Jay’s phone rang a couple of hours before the show, he fumbled in his pockets to get it out, and it showed an unknown caller. He brought it up to his ear, “Hello?” he asked tentatively into the wireless void.

“I’ll be there,” came the voice from the other end. Jay recognised it from years of tapes. He hadn’t heard back from Tamara McFly since he emailed her at the start of the month. “I’ll come down and help out as a favour to Sam. I won’t be there every month, but you have me for the tournament.”

“Yes, yes of course Miss McFly”, Jay stammered. “The guys will be ecstatic to have you here.”

“I’m sure they will.” She said and hung up before Jay had the chance to ask her when she would actually arrive at the venue. He didn’t have time to worry about when or where Tamara would arrive, the RCI had been held within the walls of Stanley Hall for 14 years without Tamara McFly, and it could certainly happen for a fifteenth without her too.

Fri, Wk 4, Jan 2020

Attendance: 184

Opening Match

15-Minute Time Limit

ilXclIn.jpgvs CkRqHlE.jpg

• Throughout this match The Architect took every opportunity for a shortcut with eye pokes and back rakes aplenty.

• Aldous worked well throughout the match, the crowd got behind him well and he showed good fire in his comeback but unfortunately it wasn’t enough and before long he found himself locked in The Architect’s finishing move.

• In a decent match, The Architect defeated Aldous Blackfriar in 7:54 by submission with a Blueprint.

Rating: 40

15-Minute Time Limit

YSR3XiJ.jpgvs b5tfsHr.jpg

• This match was short but was far from one sided as both competitors went at it hard and fast right out of the gate to impress the crowd as much as possible.

• Cobra played an excellent heel, even going so far as to tease unmasking his opponent which meant it lifted the crowd even more when Masked Stranger made his big comeback, ultimately managing to overwhelm his opponent and lock in his coincidentally named Cobra Clutch.

• In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Masked Stranger

defeated Cobra in 5:38 by submission with a Cobra Clutch.

Rating: 27

15-Minute Time Limit

ZlMI8Mm.jpgvs aKF1mAS.jpg

• This match was a true technical match up between a veteran of the game and the man many see as the future of wrestling.

• Unfortunately for his opponent, El Critico was just the better man on the night and Americana Jr fell although he did give an excellent account of himself.

• In a terrible match, El Critico defeated Americana Jr. in 8:23 by pinfall with a Critical Mass.

Rating: 23

15-Minute Time Limit

QO0sLQG.jpgvs sBMuULS.jpg

• The inexperience of Crusader really go the better of him as he attempted to play mind games with Frankie-Boy from the off but was simply bulldozed from bell to bell.

• Frankie-Boy hit all of his high impact moves and the fact that Crusader lasted over six minutes is a testament to his toughness rather than his skill.

• In a bout that had terrible wrestling and non-existent crowd heat, Frankie-Boy Fernandes defeated Crusader in 6:30 by pinfall with a Dirt Nap.

Rating: 21

15-Minute Time Limit

b5tfsHr.jpgvs CkRqHlE.jpg

• Masked Stranger attempted to counter The Architect’s technical approach with his well-rounded brawling style which did him well for the first few minutes of the contest.

• The Architect cheated his way back into the match and when Masked Stranger started to show the fire that took him over the line against Cobra, The Architect locked in another hold to wear down his opponent.

• Ultimately the match appeared more one-sided than it was thanks to The Architect slowing the action down and rolling out of the ring every time Masked Stranger picked up steam.

• In a decent match, The Architect defeated Masked Stranger in 10:07 by submission with a Blueprint.

Rating: 37

15-Minute Time Limit

aKF1mAS.jpgvs sBMuULS.jpg

• The veteran’s overconfidence and age cost him in this match, as much like in the first round Frankie-Boy overwhelmed his opponent with high impact moves from the first bell.

• El Critico showed some signs of life almost three minutes into the match but he just didn’t have enough gas in the tank to take advantage of his moment of opportunity and it was all Frankie-Boy from that point on.

• In a bout that didn’t have much heat and had terrible wrestling, Frankie-Boy Fernandes defeated El Critico in 5:57 by pinfall with a Dirt Nap.

Rating: 22

After a short intermission, Sam Keith came down to the ring and performed as the special guest ring announcer to introduce the fans in attendance to the Rip Chord Invitational Finalists.

Rating: 35

No Time Limit

sBMuULS.jpgvs CkRqHlE.jpg

• Frankie-Boy tried to go back to his strategy from the first two rounds but it was well scouted by his opponent and Frankie-Boy spent the opening stages of the match fighting his way out of numerous submission holds.

• Once Frankie-Boy picked up a head of steam he took it to The Architect with stiff strikes and high risk moves, their two styles were like chalk and cheese but they blended fairly well together.

• The Architect would take back control with some of his trademark cheating and began to lay in hard forearm shots out of frustration.

• In the last three minutes of the match the pace picked up immensely as Frankie-Boy took back control, and in a move of pure desperation The Architect pushed his opponent directly into referee Jay Fair and while his back was turned he nailed Frankie-Boy with a low blow.

• Defenceless and locked into the Blueprint in the middle of the ring, Frankie-Boy had no choice but to tap out, giving The Architect the win, the trophy and the chance to take on Bradley Blaze for the Mid Atlantic Championship.

• In a decent match, The Architect defeated Frankie-Boy Fernandes in 19:48 by submission with a Blueprint after blatantly cheating. The Architect wins the Rip Chord Invitational.

Rating: 36

Cheetah Boy and Bradley Blaze make extended entrances before their title match.

Rating: 32

Main Event

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

SJXC8qP.jpgvs eyU1RfU.jpg

• The less said about portion of this match the better. The two did not mesh well at all and it led to several sloppy and poorly timed spots throughout the match.

• Bradley Blaze fought hard throughout the match with his rough Texan brawling style while the cocky veteran Cheetah Boy worked a very all round style.

• The slog of a match finally ended when Bradley Blaze capitalised on a mistake by the overconfident challenger and hit his Dallas Drop finishing move.

• In a bout that had good heat but sub-par wrestling, Bradley Blaze defeated Cheetah Boy in 22:14 by pinfall with a Dallas Drop. Bradley Blaze makes defence number 2 of the Mid Atlantic Championship.

Rating: 31

eyU1RfU.jpgCkRqHlE.jpg

After the match, while Bradley Blaze was celebrating his successful title defence The Architect came out and stood at the top of the ramp, jawing with Blaze from a distance and motioning that he will become the champion.

Rating: 42

Show Rating: 30

A/N:There we go our first event done, which tournament entrant came first will be revealed shortly so make sure to stay tuned for that, as for the predictions:

Historian: 8/8

Herrbear: 4/8

Jomosensual 6/8

Thank you to all who predicted and congratulations to Historian for the 100% completion rate! I'm planning to have an award for the best performance in prediction contests between now and our next big tournament so Jan-June! It will probably be based on percentage so don't fret if you miss a show!

TopRopeElbow.com report new MAW signing, by Ricky Gibbons

sBMuULS.jpg

Mid Atlantic Wrestling announced today, in the wake of their Rip Chord Invitational event that Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling mainstay Frankie-Boy has signed a deal with the promotion. The signing was announced on the company’s Twitter soon after the show. The deal will be seen as a curious one by MAW purists who believe the company has always been at its best while developing its own talent, and this move to signing the best in the Confederation may ruffle more feathers after the controversy surrounding the promotion’s deal with Total Championship wrestling cost them a few fans.

Sam Keith when prompted by a fan on Twitter replied with “Wait and see, we are dedicated to bringing the best independent talent in the world to MAW. Frankie-Boy Fernandes is a world class athlete who wants to show the world why he deserves to perform on the biggest stage.”

Certain industry insiders have questioned whether or not this signing was made at the behest of TCW management who some believe will be monitoring Fernandes’ development closely while not having to pay his wages.

What do you think about this signing? Exciting move forward for the company? Or proof they’ve truly gotten into bed with one of the Big 3 in a way we weren’t expecting?

A New Decade, A New Star

Jay Fair sat alone in his small sitting room, reading over reports of that night’s show. His wife, Susan, still wasn’t home from work. She was a nurse, and a good one, but the American healthcare system was unforgiving and she just had too much to give. She wasn’t home much. Jay sighed and leaned back in his chair. He closed his eyes and a maelstrom of thoughts ran through his head, mostly how he could get away with never booking Blaze and Cheetah Boy one-on-one again.

To say the match was a disaster was an understatement. It was panned across the board as neither man’s best work and it would do Brad Blaze no favours after what many felt was a lacklustre start to his first reign as champion. The two just didn’t click, but Fair had ideas, it’s what kept him in work for so long. He always had ideas.

The Architect was getting rave reviews though, being involved in what many consider the match of the night and putting in a fierce performance against the newcomer Frankie-Boy has established him as a real star in the eyes of the fans and Jay knew the sky was the limit with him.

He got up and walked to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee, he wanted to spend another hour working before he wound down for the night, which would be no small feat given the texts he had received, and continued to receive throughout the coffee making process, from Tamara McFly. A dozen texts, within minutes of each other littered Jay’s inbox. He sighed and turned his phone screen down on the counter.

“I thought you weren’t going to be joining us full-time?” He said to himself with a wry smile.

TopRopeElbow.com present MAW Wrestling Classic 2020 card!

Hello wrestling fans, the card for February's Wrestling Classic show from Mid Atlantic Wrestling has been revealed on the company's website!

It appears to be a pretty top heavy card, featuring a Mid Atlantic Championship match between champion Bradley Blaze and this year's Rip Chord Invitational Winner, The Architect!

The card also features all other Mid Atlantic champions in action, but curiously does not feature new signing Frankie-Boy Fernandes, who to the best of my knowledge is available to work the show. Full card will be posted below.

MAW Wrestling Classic 2020

Fri, Wk 4, Feb 2020

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Jaylon Martins & Joey Fili vs The Past Masters

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Josh Jacobs vs Local Talent

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

DeMarcus & Gray vs Deuce Deadline & Trix Triumph

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

The Heartbeak Express w/Lisa Bowen vs The Wolf Pack

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Copperhead vs Miller Fforde

Main Event

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

The Architect vs Bradley Blaze ©

Bonus prediction #1: What will be match of the night?

Bonus prediction #2: Who will be the local talent Josh Jacobs faces off against:

A/N:Hey all just to clear something up cos there is a tendency I think to assume everybody on the forums is a man just because of the demographics this kind of game tends to attract, I am in fact a woman and my pronouns are she/her. Good luck with your predictions :D

MAW Wrestling Classic 2020

Fri, Wk 4, Feb 2020

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Jaylon Martins & Joey Fili vs The Past Masters

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Josh Jacobs vs Local Talent

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

DeMarcus & Gray vs Deuce Deadline & Trix Triumph

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

The Heartbeak Express w/Lisa Bowen vs The Wolf Pack

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Copperhead vs Miller Fforde

Main Event

Singles Match

30-Minute Time Limit

The Architect vs Bradley Blaze ©

Bonus prediction #1: What will be match of the night?

The Architect vs Bradley Blaze

Bonus prediction #2: Who will be the local talent Josh Jacobs faces off against:

Blind guess... Bob Casey?

'Pronouns, pal'! Building a good head of steam with this. Looking forward to it continuing.

<p>Fun Tournament. I'll be keeping an eye on this dynasty.</p><p> </p><p>

MAW Wrestling Classic 2020</p><p>

Fri, Wk 4, Feb 2020</p><p> </p><p>

Opening Match</p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

15-Minute Time Limit</p><p> </p><p>

Jaylon Martins & Joey Fili vs <strong>The Past Masters</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Josh Jacobs</strong> vs Local Talent</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>DeMarcus & Gray </strong>vs Deuce Deadline & Trix Triumph</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>The Heartbeak Express w/Lisa Bowen</strong> vs The Wolf Pack</p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Copperhead vs <strong>Miller Fforde</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong>Main Event</p><p>

Mid Atlantic Championship Match</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

30-Minute Time Limit</p><p> </p><p>

The Architect vs <strong>Bradley Blaze</strong> ©</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus prediction #1: What will be match of the night? Miller Fforde and Copperhead</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus prediction #2: Who will be the local talent Josh Jacobs faces off against:Jimmy Cox (gives him a win over a former GCG world champ)</p>

<p>Opening Match</p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

Jaylon Martins & Joey Fili vs <strong>The Past Masters</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

<strong>Josh Jacobs </strong>vs Local Talent</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>DeMarcus & Gray</strong> vs Deuce Deadline & Trix Triumph</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Team Match</p><p>

The Heartbeak Express w/Lisa Bowen vs <strong>The Wolf Pack</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

Copperhead vs <strong>Miller Fforde</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Main Event</p><p>

Mid Atlantic Championship Match</p><p>

Singles Match</p><p>

30-Minute Time Limit</p><p> </p><p>

The Architect vs <strong>Bradley Blaze ©</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Bonus prediction #1: What will be match of the night? The Main Event</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus prediction #2: Who will be the local talent Josh Jacobs faces off against: Zippy Deverell</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:12px;">Run Like a Cheetah</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

You didn’t get many second breaks in professional wrestling. In fact most people tended to miss out on a first break. James Neil knew that all too well, and the man best known as Cheetah Boy refused to let his go to waste. When he got the call from Sam Keith, he knew better than to turn his nose up at working for an indie promotion. He knew he had been working for a glorified indie in the form of Rhode Island Pro Wresting anyway. Every day James worked for Sam Keith he could feel his love for the business returning bit by bit. Slowly but surely, Cheetah Boy was becoming more and more of James Neil, and not just the suit he put on to make a living.</p><p> </p><p>

The sound of the machines in the gym helped James gather his thoughts. The clank, clank, crash of unforgiving steel as it was pulled and pushed, up and down, back and forth. James was at piece in the gym. By no means a large man, James worked primarily on cardio. Keith and Fair loved their long, drawn out wars in the main event, and that is where James planned to be. He didn’t know what the long term plan for the Mid Atlantic Championship was, but he assumed laying down for Bradley Blaze was all part of some intricate story to get somebody else over. He was fine with that, he had his time in the Sun, he figured it was about time to pass the torch.</p><p> </p><p>

With that, his thoughts were interrupted after bumping into somebody while moving between machines. When he had snapped back to reality he realised Trix Triumph, real name Toby Forster, was standing in front of him.</p><p> </p><p>

“Hey uh, James…” He began. “I was wondering if I could talk to you about something.”</p><p> </p><p>

James paused for a second, looked up at his colleague wide-eyed, and failed to respond.</p><p> </p><p>

“I mean, if now isn’t a good time I understand. I just saw you working out here and you know since we work together I figured I would say “hi” and I didn’t realise I was going to ask you for a favour until it slipped out and now I realise that I’m still talking and I’m going to shut up now.” </p><p> </p><p>

James let out a chuckle and wrapped his arm around his young colleague and began to guide him out, “how about we shower and change and then we can talk about this when we smell less bad.”</p><p> </p><p>

“Oh. Yes. Sure.” Toby said, as he allowed his stiffened form to be led out of the gym.</p><p> </p><p>

After showering and changing, James found Toby sitting in the entrance area to the gym. There were a dozen small armchairs in pairs, each pair its own colour, a reception desk with two bookish-looking young ladies typing and filing and a handful of vending machines with protein bars, energy drinks and other assorted snacks. James sat across from Toby and smiled at him again, “So, what is this favour?”</p><p> </p><p>

“I need help James.” Toby’s eyes held a small hint of desperation. That, combined with his pleading tone gave him an air of a pink-haired puppy.</p><p> </p><p>

“What do you need help with?”</p><p> </p><p>

“Everything, James. Everything. I’m awkward on the mic I can barely get my words out. I’m awkward and stiff, and not in a funny way. And let’s face it, I’m not putting on match of the year.” He paused and took a deep breath before continuing. “You worked for US Pro, even if it was before they were the big dogs, you rubbed elbows with some big names. You went through Rhode Island. You know what you’re doing, and I was just hoping maybe you could help me figure it out?”</p><p> </p><p>

“So you want a teacher?” James asked incredulously</p><p> </p><p>

“No, no. Not a teacher. Just a sounding board. Someone who can help me with my delivery before a show, or can help round out some rough edges you see in my spots.”</p><p> </p><p>

James got up and patted Toby on the shoulder, he leaned down and gave him one last warm smile, “Okay kid, I’ll see what I can do.” </p><p> </p><p>

And with that, he left.</p>