Fri, Wk 2 Sep, 2022

Attendance: 2,114

Viewers: 47,458

Main Show

Opening Match

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

3iUpf59.jpg & JGCK6lR.jpg vs PoUm33Q.jpg & Rb0Vs5E.jpg

• The Peak Brothers came into this match to make their MAW debut to a huge pop from the Baltimore crowd.

• The brothers have been on an excellent run since reuniting on the independent scene, with Eddie Peak having put in a series of great performances throughout 2022.

• The BPA attacked the Peaks before the bell and controlled most of the early stages of the match.

• The Peaks fought back into the match, brawling around the ringside area to the delight of the fans, with Eddie showing shades of his old DAVE form.

• Unfortunately, the younger team won out when the BPA isolated Doug Peak, with Deuce Deadline putting him away with his new Tiger Driver finisher, the Baltimore Plunge

• In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, BPA defeated The Peak Brothers in 9:59 when Deuce Deadline pinned Doug Peak with a Baltimore Plunge.

• Eddie Peak carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Rating: 59

CkRqHlE.jpg2fxtJKg.jpg

The camera feed cuts backstage to The Architect and Sterling Whitlock standing in their locker room. The Architect smiled and thanked the cameraman for his time and handed him a small brown envelope before beginning his monologue: “Well here we are, the pieces are on the board. Tonight, I team up with the Mid Atlantic tag team champions. We face “The Dallas Cowboy” and two guys that have fans placing bets on when the big one will turn his back on the little one. I’m sorry to say it Bradley, but you just don’t have a plan that can beat me. I’ll enlist all the help I need to guarantee that I walk away from Where it All Begins Again as the new Mid Atlantic Champion.”

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

hsHwEGd.jpg vs Irzit6n.jpg

• The giant Kentucky native, Super Massive Destroyer arrived in the ring to face off against Dreadnought.

• The two towering behemoths locked up and shook the ring, however when Destroyer hit a series of punches on Dreadnought, they had no effect whatsoever.

• After a minute of the Destroyer trying to take his opponent off his feet, Dreadnought began his offence and overwhelmed his 6’10 adversary.

• This went on for only a few minutes before Super Massive Destroyer was put away with the Dread Bomb.

• In a bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Dreadnought defeated Super Massive Destroyer in 3:29 by pinfall with a Dread Bomb.

Rating: 21

hsHwEGd.jpg8hzxxbN.jpg

Dreadnought was met on the interview stage by DeAnna Desire, but before she could get a word out to begin an interview, Dreadnought took the microphone from her hand and growled; “Cheetah Boy! Next week, we meet.” He then threw the microphone to the ground and stomped backstage without answering any questions. Dreadnought Threatens Cheetah Boy

Rating: 48

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

SJXC8qP.jpg vs 3JX4gYB.jpg

• Once again as has been the case for the last number of shows, Cheetah Boy and Dreadnought had their matches back-to-back.

• This match was much more even than the previous, with War Piece slowly putting together the pieces to win his first match in MAW.

• War Piece took a much more measured approach to this match, trying to work the champion down rather than trying to hit his finishing moves from the beginning.

• Unfortunately for War Piece the experience of the JHU champion was enough to see him off as Cheetah Boy hit his Flying Cheetah Pounce to end the match.

• In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cheetah Boy defeated War Piece in 7:45 by pinfall with a Flying Cheetah Pounce.

Rating: 37

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

eZoEd1I.jpg & VozViv2.jpg vs gYPF5yC.jpg & h3rOlS4.jpg

• The union of Shearer and Mr. Lucha IV took on The Past Masters after being called out at the last show.

• The Past Masters controlled the match heavily, with only brief glimmers of hope for the high-flying fan favourites.

• It was clear to all involved that Mr. Lucha IV had wrestled less than 10 matches by this point in his career and his poor timing and communication led to him being hit with the Flashback by Historian to end the match.

• In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Past Masters defeated Mr. Lucha IV and Gordon Shearer in 8:20 when The Historian pinned Mr. Lucha IV with a Flashback.

• Mr. Lucha IV was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Rating: 40

kcT3xRv.jpgAAnBpVr.jpgKMb15yC.jpg

The Heartbreak Express approached Joanne Rodriguez backstage and told her that they wanted her to represent them going forward. Rodriguez smiled and shook hands with both men but told them that the J-RO brand could only be attached to winners and that the team would have to prove themselves in a match before she would offer to represent them formally.

Rating: 42

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

HO8WuIl.jpg vs o5swv69.jpg

• Bowden Snoop sent Brett Biggins to the back before this match began.

• This wound up being a mistake as Lisa Bowens made her presence felt throughout this short encounter before Trix Triumph put Snoop away.

• In a terrible match, Trix Triumph defeated Bowden Snoop in 4:21 by pinfall with a Triumph-Plex.

Rating: 17

nxccYxN.jpg

Allen Smalls grabbed a microphone before his match and introduced himself to the Baltimore fans. He cut a fairly basic promo that was relatively well-received by the live crowd thanks to his name value from before he was a wrestler.

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

nxccYxN.jpg vs mELQzA0.jpg

• In another short match on a squash-heavy show, Allen Smalls ran through Nobuyo Hikichi with a series of power moves from the ring bell.

• Hikichi managed to land no offense before being caught in the back of the head with a Blindside Big Boot.

• In an extremely short match, Allen Smalls defeated Nobuyo Hikichi in 4:06 by pinfall with a Blindside Big Boot.

Rating: 28

Main Event

30-Minute Time Limit

Trios Match

eyU1RfU.jpgjai7S2E.jpg & fI3iMjC.jpg vs CkRqHlE.jpg54PX4yl.jpg & SLAlqSt.jpg

• Going into this match, the team of Architect and The Wolf Pack seemed the more solid unit, with some clear friction amongst their opponents as Nate DeMarcus openly eyed the Mid Atlantic Championship before the bell.

• Despite this DeMarcus and Bradley Blaze took good control of the early stages of the match with a combination of hard strikes and power moves being supplemented excellently by Tyrone Gray’s fast-moving, free-flowing offence.

• Things took an awkward turn for the fan favourites however as Sterling Whitlock tripped Gray from outside the ring and turned the tide of the match in the favour of The Architect and Wolf Pack.

• From here things began to break down and after a series of big finishing moves were landed, Josh Jacobs appeared at ringside, hitting Tyrone Gray in the back with a steel pipe behind the referee’s back.

• The Architect locked the Blueprint in on Gray and forced him to tap out after almost a minute of struggle from the former tag team champion.

• In a decent match, The Architect and The Wolf Pack defeated Bradley Blaze and DeMarcus & Gray in 12:11 when The Architect submitted Tyrone Gray with a Blueprint after interference from Josh Jacobs.

Rating: 58

Show Rating: 55

MAW The Clash Card Announced

MAW The Clash 2021

Fri, Wk 4 Sep, 2021

Opening Match

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

“The Protector of Baltimore” Josh Jacobs vs Tyrone Gray

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Acid II vs The Architect

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Allen Smalls vs War Piece

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Kid Fantastic vs Zippy Deverell

Three-Way Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Jonah Pilgrim vs Nate DeMarcus vs Sean Noggin

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

The Heartbreak Express w/ Joanne Rodriguez vs The Rock City Stars

Main Event

Singles Match

20-Minute Time Limit

Miller Fforde vs Tennessee William

Opening Match

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

“The Protector of Baltimore” Josh Jacobs vs Tyrone Gray

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Acid II vs The Architect

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Allen Smalls vs War Piece

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Kid Fantastic vs Zippy Deverell

Three-Way Match

15-Minute Time Limit

Jonah Pilgrim vs Nate DeMarcus vs Sean Noggin

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

The Heartbreak Express w/ Joanne Rodriguez vs The Rock City Stars

Main Event

Singles Match

20-Minute Time Limit

Miller Fforde vs Tennessee William

As with many others this diary is missing a lot of content including everything posted after March 2021, which fortunately is “Only” about 3 shows due to my long break. But a lot of other posts are just broke. 

Will this diary continue? I’d like to think so, but I’m still probably gonna to hold off to see if everything is brought over this weekend. If not? Well we’ll see I guess haha

As a shadow reader this makes me a little sad. MAW is my favourite TEW company and I love following your dynasty, even if I don't post. You have changed the way I book MAW shows and other companies.

I'm not saying this to "force" you to continue, but here goes, good luck for the sequel if it exists! ^^

Damn new forum :p

MAW The Clash 2021

Fri, Wk 4 Sep, 2021

Attendance: 2,483

Viewers: 51,339

Pre-Show

In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Brett Biggins, Bowden Snoop and LM Jr defeated Marvin Lambert and Samoan Destruction Inc. in 10:24 when Brett Biggins pinned Samoan Machine with a B-B-Gun.

Marvin Lambert was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Rating: 39

Main Show

6r93zC7.jpghsHwEGd.jpg 

The show opened with Sam Keith in the ring. The ring was covered in a black carpet, a desk sat solitary in the middle of the ring, with a contract in the middle. Keith waved a hand and members of the ring crew brought two chairs into the ring before Keith spoke into his microphone.

“We don’t normally do this publicly, but at the best of both competitors we are going to have the terms of Cheetah Boy versus Dreadnought for the John Hopkins University title signed tonight in front of you, our fans.”

SJXC8qP.jpg 

Each man came to the ring, Cheetah Boy sporting a classy leopard print suit and black tie, while Dreadnought wore his ring gear for the occasion.

“Now gentlemen, you know the terms. You’ve agreed to this verbally but once this contract is signed, there is no going back. Cheetah Boy, if you lose this match not only will you lose your title, but you will also have your contract with Mid Atlantic Wrestling terminated, with immediate and permanent effect. You will not be able to wrestle in a Mid Atlantic Wrestling ring for the rest of your career.”

Cheetah Boy nodded and picked up his own microphone, “The way I see it Sam, if I can’t keep up with the next generation of talent, then what have they got left to learn from me? This match is all-or-nothing for me because it has to be.” He raised his head and gave Dreadnought a steely eyed look, “I either slay the beast, or feed the beast.”

Dreadnought raised a microphone to his lips and growled, “I will hurt you, old man. You won’t wrestle anywhere once I’m finished with you.”

Both men signed the contract and stared holes through one-another, while Sam Keith put his pen to paper to finalise the stipulation.

“Okay then gentlemen, if nobody has anything further to add, it’s official! Streak vs Career at Where It All Begins Again, with the John Hopkins University title up for grabs for the winner.”

Dreadnought lifted the microphone once more in his left hand and said, “I have one thing to add,” before as quick as the wind he reached behind him with his right and fired his chair directly into the face of Cheetah Boy. The veteran fell to the mat in a heap, clutching his face while Sam Keith tired to chew out Dreadnought but was pushed aside by the son of Dread. Dreadnought hoisted Cheetah Boy up and dropped the JHU champion through the table with a vicious powerbomb.

Dreadnought picked up his microphone on the way out of the ring and concluded “I thought you old men would know how these things go by now” before throwing it down and stomping to the back to a chorus of boos while the medical team rushed to check on Cheetah Boy.

Rating: 52

Opening Match

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

S6XMtek.jpg vs fI3iMjC.jpg 

• In the opening match of the night Josh Jacobs faced Tyrone Gray having cost him his match at the pervious show. Nate DeMarcus was notably absent from ringside from his partner’s match, perhaps indicating the rumoured tension between the two is more serious than first imagined.
  • The crowd were behind Gray every step of the way in this match as he continuously fought from underneath, with Jacobs focusing his assault on the leg of his opponent.
  • The tide turned however when Gray nailed a picture-perfect shotgun dropkick and willed himself back to his feet, the crowd chanting for him every step of the way.
  • Sadly, it wasn’t to be his night as his leg buckled underneath him before he could hit his Frog Splash which allowed Jacobs enough time to recover and hit a devastating Avalanche Baltimore Backdrop to pick up the win.
  • In a decent match, Josh Jacobs defeated Tyrone Gray in 11:50 by pinfall with an Avalanche Baltimore Backdrop.

Rating: 50

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

hgbDUGV.jpg vs CkRqHlE.jpg 

• Acid II came into his first MAW singles match since May to take on the number one contender to the Mid Atlantic Championship, The Architect.
  • Acid came out of the gates strong, seeing this as a clear opportunity to make a name for himself in the singles ranks, however he was cut off at the pass by a very game Architect who moved like a man with a clear gameplan in mind.
  • Architect attacked Acid’s midsection, assaulting the previously torn abdominal of his high-flying opponent.
  • The injury forced a new style out of Acid as he moved away from his usual high-risk offence and attempted to take the fight to The Architect with some fast-paced brawling and precision kicks.
  • This worked out in favour of The Architect who managed to catch Acid II in the Blueprint and forced him to tap out.
  • In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, The Architect defeated Acid II in 13:22 by submission with a Blueprint.

CkRqHlE.jpg2fxtJKg.jpg 

The Architect stayed in the ring after his match and had Sterling Whitlock bring him a microphone. The smirked, slowly brought the microphone to his lips and began; “Bradley, Bradley, Bradley,” he then paused for a moment, sharing an inaudible word with Whitlock before he continued. “You have a match in two weeks Bradley, and it will be against one of my boys. Somebody that will punish you. You’re a brave man Bradley. But even if your spirit will not break. Your body will. No matter how hard you hit. You won’t break a man of stone.”

Rating: 68

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

nxccYxN.jpg vs 3JX4gYB.jpg 

• Allen Smalls stepped into the ring to take on the still-without-a-win War Piece. Smalls was sporting a new t-shirt sporting the nickname he has been pushing for himself on social media, calling himself the “Man of the People”.
  • War Piece held his own well enough against the former NFL man, but he was still unable to take him off his feet.
  • Smalls took the fight to War Piece throughout this short contest and managed to put him away with a Blindside Big Boot.
  • In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Allen Smalls defeated War Piece in 5:48 by pinfall with a Blindside Big Boot.

Rating: 34

n1afcJV.jpgA2rKr7a.jpg 

Following the match, the camera feed cut backstage where we saw the entire Baltimore Protection Agency being cheered on by Lisa Bowen, beating down Miller Fforde. Josh Jacobs nailed Fforde with a J-Trigger before the crew were run off by DeMarcus & Gray. Coming in form off camera. The BPA managed to escape before DeMarcus & Gray could lay hands on them. Gray then quickly called for a doctor to come check on Fforde.

Rating: 51

Singles Match

15-Minute Time Limit

ug1zjMZ.jpg vs sxoxWV1.jpg 

• Zippy Deverell came to MAW for his second match of the year in the company, with this being his first singles showing, with most reports indicating this match was being watched closely by MAW management to measure Deverell’s abilities.
  • Kid Fantastic looked to continue a recent hot streak having not lost a one-on-one match since facing Sterling Whitlock in May.
  • Deverell played a strong heel, getting the crowd to boo him with ease when delivering punishment to the local boy Fantastic.
  • The pair worked a fairly strong back and forth match, highlighted by Fantastic countering out of a vertical suplex into a picture-perfect stunner that really sent the crowd into an uproar.
  • Fantastic then put the Kentucky native away with his Fantasm finishing move, which got a good reaction even though he “didn’t get all of it” in the words of Marvin Earnest on commentary.
  • In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Kid Fantastic defeated Zippy Deverell in 8:14 by pinfall with a Fantasm.

Three-Way Match

15-Minute Time Limit

JGCK6lR.jpgvsVS jai7S2E.jpgvsVS 54PX4yl.jpg 

• Nate DeMarcus charged at Pilgrim as soon as the bell rang, but the BPA man rolled out of the ring and left DeMarcus to battle Sean Noggin, which he was forced into after the Wolf Pack man attacked him from behind while he was distracted.
  • DeMarcus and Noggin brawled before Pilgrim slid back into the ring and blindsided both men. Pilgrim took control for a few minutes before DeMarcus turned things around on him.
  • All three competitors took turns controlling this match, with Jonah Pilgrim finding himself on the worst end of a Tower of Doom, taking a big bump that delighted the crowd.
  • With Sean Noggin and Jonah Pilgrim down Nate DeMarcus teed both up for the snap tackle. Pilgrim stood first, and after a moment’s hesitation, DeMarcus simply pushed him out of the ring before nailing a Snap Tackle on Sean Noggin for the win.
  • In a decent match, Nate DeMarcus defeated Jonah Pilgrim and Sean Noggin in 14:53 when Nate DeMarcus pinned Sean Noggin with a Snap Tackle.

Rating: 52

6r93zC7.jpg8hzxxbN.jpg 

Sam Keith met DeAnna Desire on the interview stage to announce that at Where It All Begins Again, we will be seeing a Confederation of the Territories World Heavyweight Championship match with the challenger being decided in a four-way match at the next event Long Road Home. The match will include Kid Fantastic, “The Rogue Assassin” Sterling Whitlock, The Historian and “The Man of the People” Allen Smalls.

Rating: 57

Tag Team Match

15-Minute Time Limit

kcT3xRv.jpg & AAnBpVr.jpg W/ KMb15yC.jpg vs LhONXaU.jpg & 39uy7jk.jpg 

• The Heartbreak Express came to the ring flanked by their potential new representative Joanne Rodriguez to take on a Rock City Stars team that have struggled somewhat since failing to win the Tag Team Championships      at Fan Festival.
  • The two teams worked a respectable back-and-forth encounter with no chicanery. J-Ro made her presence at ringside known to the referee whenever she felt a count was not fast enough for her clients.
  • The Heartbreak Express built a lot of momentum thanks to J-Ro’s encouragement and hit Rockin’ Ryan Turner with The Score to pick up their second win in a row.
  • In a decent match, The Heartbreak Express defeated The Rock City Stars in 6:26 when Johnny Needham pinned Rockin' Ryan Turner with The Score.

Rating: 47

8hzxxbN.jpgKMb15yC.jpg 

Joanne Rodriguez met DeAnna Desire in the interview stage after the match to formally announce she was offering The Heartbreak Express a contract to be the first people represented by Rodriguez Sporting Inc.

Rating: 60

Main Event

Singles Match

20-Minute Time Limit

A2rKr7a.jpg vs nqXMum0.jpg 

• The main event started with something of a whimper as Miller Fforde failed to appear after his entrance music played following the assault at the hands of the BPA earlier in the evening.
  • The referee began a ten count while Tennessee William worked the crowd in the ring, garnering good heat from a crowd naturally inclined to boo southerners.
  • The referee reached 7, and Miller Fforde emerged from the back, hobbling, heavily bandaged, and being largely propped up by Tyrone Gray.
  • Fforde fell to his knees right outside the ring with the referee’s count at nine, and only milliseconds before the victory was handed to William. Gray mustered all his strength and tossed Fforde under the bottom rope to break the referee’s count.
  • William dived right on top of Miller Fforde, laying hard strikes in on his bandaged ribs and shoulder.
  • Fforde tried to battle back, but his injuries coming into the match slowed him down too much to take advantage of the few openings he could create.
  • William got numerous nearfalls, but Fforde’s spirit never relented and no matter what was thrown at him he got his shoulder off the mat.
  • William back up and ran at a downed Fforde in an attempt to punt him in the temple, but, at the last possible moment, Fforde evaded and rolled William up for a three-count to pick up an unlikely win.
  • In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Miller Fforde defeated Tennessee William in 16:05 by pinfall with a fast roll up.

Rating: 60

Show Rating: 60

A/N: Well, it looks like thanks to the amazing work of Arlie, that this diary didn't have to take the kind of hiatus I was expecting!

So... @Herrbearcame out of predictions with a 3/7 score, which I'll admit makes sense, but I promise I'm going somewhere with my booking!

Also very big thanks @DavGen I always appreciate those kinds of comments on my work, between work, hitting the gym and training for my own debut, knowing people are out there enjoying this is what's making me pick it back up!

• Like 2