Wage Requests Based on Going Rate (Best Region)

Hello!

The current wage system is producing a lot of inexpensive American indy workers due to the way it averages overness. I would propose a 'going rate' where the worker asks for wages based on his highest overness.

My formula would be ((highest overness/10)^2)*10 for per show.

Let's take for example Bradford Peverall. He is 38 in Puerto Rico but has far lower across the rest of the US. This is dragging the average down to a wage request of 40. Using the above formula he'd ask for 144 per show based on the 38.

Not game breaking but seems a bit more in line with how it should be.

Thoughts?

I REALLY want to see this, or something similar, in! Would make it far easier to feel immersed in low-level games and add challenge in managing signings, while there'd still be a ton of cheap workers out there - looking at people who aren't really popular anywhere.

I think it would be more realistic for wages to be a combination of highest pop region and pop in the region where the company making the offer is based

Or highest pop in the region. So it could be US based asking price, Japan based asking price. Etc.

I agree on the above. Especially in an areas like the US, with 11 regions, the "average" is going to be dragged down due to the sheer number of regions available.

I'd propose something like the above as a good formula for show calculation.

Other alternatives could be:

1) Give them the "going rate" of their highest popularity, regardless of area

This would simulate real world booking pretty nicely, in that a US company isn't going to be able to bring in someone like Kento Miyahara for peanuts just because he isn't as well known here. He could just stay in Japan and make more. This may fall down in that workers would start to "only" work 1 region in this proposal, although the argument could be made that's semi-realistic.

2) Give them some combination of the going rate of their highest pop, and pop in the companies home region

I'd still lean heavier on the "highest pop" side here (maybe a 75/25 split leaning highest pop) for the reasons above, but this setup would promote worker movement a bit

3) Do one of the above and/or force you to pay for travel for a worker once they hit a certain pop in any area

Let's say for example that 25 pop is a threshold, once they become "famous enough" in any one area, they are a known commodity and will expect travel to be paid for or their booking fee to be increased above what would normally be expected. This would allow unknowns to barnstorm all over the place as needed, but would allow established indy workers to charge a higher rate like you would see in real life.

Overall, fantastic suggestion. Finances could definitely use some tweaking here.

I would actually suggest a somewhat different formula that would go somewhat like this:

(highest overness/10)^2

+

(average overness/10)^2

+

(experience*2+psychology+charisma+star quality+(bra+pur+hc+tec+hf+fla)/6)/20)

multiply the result by 4

Let's look at a few examples:

Nelson Callum: (46/10)^2+(16/10)^2+(2*100+82+73+74+(78+34+56+76+44+62)/6)/20)*4 = 192

Roderick Remus: (46/10)^2+(46/10)^2+(2*100+83+65+64+(62+26+38+68+74+69)/6)/20)*4 = 263

American Flash: (44/10)^2+(12/10)^2+(2*95+73+54+47+(52+11+28+60+74+77)/6)/20)*4 = 166

Deacon Darkhold: (20/10)^2+(4/10)^2+(2*45+48+61+42+(46+12+52+16+14+21)/6)/20)*4 = 70

Zombie Boy: (17/10)^2+(7/10)^2+(2*7+42+77+68+(40+9+44+15+53+81)/6)/20)*4 = 62

Charlie Corner: (4/10)^2+(1/10)^2+(2*0+51+82+77+(52+11+26+18+16+22)/6)/20)*4 = 48

This formula is primarily affected by highest pop, then by average pop, then by skills