[HYPE] The Great British Rebuild - RW 2020

I won't be working on any area outside of the British Isles and aiming to make it compatible with QuestLove's Real World Chronicles

Preface

I started this for a personal save I plan on starting when the full game released, however due to the lock down I thought I might as well work on this to try and get a sort of realistic UK scene. I'm not claiming to be an encyclopedia of the UK local feds, if anything outside of the North I've been using cagenet and youtube. Although I've probably watched more indie wrestling during this lockdown then the rest of my life combined.

So what's going on...

As most people know the UK Scene has taken a huge hit since NXT UK was created, stripping most of the indies of constant excellent workers that brought name value. Progress was hit hard as most of the companies previous stars went abroad of work more for NXT UK and not performing to previous standard, they have recently shown *Dad joke* progress by pushing young up-and-coming stars in Cara Noir and Scotty Davis. RevPro have put some excellent shows on in 2020, gaining some momentum they desperately needed. ICW also fell to the culling losing many stars. OTT arguably came out the best being able to work with both NJPW and WWE until recently, but have been putting on stellar shows all 2019.

For the rest the rebuild of the UK scene has began as companies started to rely less on the WWE guys and started to focus on the next set of indie wrestlers looking for a chance to thrive. Now this isn't going to be a NXT UK bashing thread...

Initial Companies included:

APEX

Attack!

BWP

Chaos

Discover

FCP

Futureshock

ICW

Kamikaze

North

OTT

PCW

Progress

TNT

Eve

RPW

Riptide

NXT-UK

I'm looking to include more Irish/Welsh companies if anyone has suggestions on them. I'm also willing to listen to suggestions on any companies in general that you believe are growing in the scene and I will look into them.

There are currently 421 Workers based in the British Isles but I will be adding more.

The Plan:

Step One

Import/Create every company mentioned above (Done)

Cagenet each company and review the roster they've used on shows in 2020 and 2019. (Done)

Go through each company adding Galaxy pictures to those without. (Done: BWP, Chaos and TNT )

Adding stats to workers created or imported on a base level using the generate. (Done: BWP, Chaos and TNT )

Going through the popular UK workers to review stats.

Step Two

Adding events to each company (that they annually/consistently run)

Run a few tests to see how the companies run

Reviewing stats of workers again

Step Three

Going through people based outside of the British Isles, to check pop for BI

Adding Workers who aren't wrestlers such as refs and announcers

Releasing data for feedback

There is no time frame on this. Hell it may never see light of day but it's keeping me occupied during these trying times :)

There are a lot of people I'd like to credit:

Fleisch,Southside_Hitman and Questlove for their Real World Database because that is where the base of this mod was formed.

TheWho87 because, when possible, I imported some workers I was looking to add from his database.

JoeMurphy for the SAMP Pack.

Efanga for creating the Galaxy Picture Pac, which has been continued by Lukkearthur, Android, Devil_Cyborg, Muffins and RefNick.

There's a lot of awesome work on these forums, which make the game that much enjoyable, so a thank you to everyone.

Any feedback on the idea is welcome :)

<p>The only Irish promotion I would consider adding is Fight Factory Pro Wrestling. Irish Whip Wrestling were pretty big but they haven't run shows with any consistency since 2017.</p><p> </p><p>

Fight Factory also have a wrestling school here in Dublin that's only 20 minutes from where I'm living so it would probably be worth adding a dojo connected to them too.</p>

As MHero said, Dragon Pro academy and promotion would be good/important additions, most of the talent in Wales would come through there.

Would also recommend adding Welsh Wrestling in as a touring company, if you want to fill in the Welsh scene, they primarily have a lesser known roster, touring south wales.

Additionally, Vertigo Pro is also new, based in south wales, that could fill a local sized company slot.

For Ireland, Fight Factory Pro Wrestling would be one to add as a Dojo and promotion. I've also seen Phoenix Wrestling are based around there as well, if you want to boost numbers, but unsure on any other current running promotions.

Not to knock what you doing but I was going to revive my plan for 2016 to do a BritWres mod when I got my mod up and running, this is no way me asking you to stop, just a heads up I'm going to be doing one at some point.

And feel free to use whatever you want from my mod, just give credit where you got them from is all I care about.

I think OTT is the only major promotion in Ireland, that runs shows on a consistent basis. You would see other smaller promotions throughout the RoI and NI run shows but very sporadically.

I can't really say much for the South, but in Northern Ireland, we have Titanic Wrestling which used to be Pro Wrestling Ulster (and Ulster Championship Wrestling before that), and Wresolution that run shows in Belfast. While Wrestling Ireland runs shows out in the southeast of the country.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not to knock what you doing but I was going to revive my plan for 2016 to do a BritWres mod when I got my mod up and running, this is no way me asking you to stop, just a heads up I'm going to be doing one at some point.<p> </p><p> And feel free to use whatever you want from my mod, just give credit where you got them from is all I care about.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never got round to playing your 2016 mod of BritWres but loved the monthly updates. I've mentioned you for importing workers at the top, I have no issue crediting people as I said earlier I'm pretty new to modding and the work posted on these forums are unbelievable, so I always believe in giving credit where it's due.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TL2011" data-cite="TL2011" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>World of Sport still technically exist, that might be a good addition</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think I've set them to return in 2021/22 (as they've not ran a show since February 2019.)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Benno" data-cite="Benno" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49321" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking forward to this. Had plans to start an NXT UK save for a Twitch stream but will likely wait for this now!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've test played a save (doing a local-to-global) over the weekend and got to 2022. I'll post some screenshots, Progress, OTT, RevPro have all moved from small to Medium with Progress and OTT running weekly shows and Progress have started fighting against NXT UK for Exclusive Written deals.</p><p> </p><p> Only one company so far went bust, which was Pro Wrestling Chaos. It took me 2 years to go from insignificant to small using a local broadcaster. </p><p> </p><p> I'm more than likely going to switch to a broadcaster database I used in 2016 that I believe has been converted to 2020, Aseamons (I apologise for butchering the name of the top of my head, his work on venues and broadcasters is class).</p><p> </p><p> I still need to add all the companies in this thread suggested, I might remove smaller companies from around the world to increase game time. Stats for workers I've created or imported also will need looking at as I used the TEW feature to generate a new set. But for now I've not saw any huge issues. </p><p> </p><p> I also have 700 pictures set to use in the free picture section all using the KYXY background (willing to share that). I went through all 700 assigning gender and ethnicity when the demo came out. I'll dig up the 2016 pic to link it was KANA's AI Pictures if anyone remembers that. (As mentioned above I'll update the main post with credits once I post some data).</p>

• 1 month later...

Update: The mod in it's current state is dead, with everything coming out in wrestling & mainly the British scene I decided to stop trying to update it to reflect the present scene as it's changing day-by-day.

However, I think I'm going to turn it into a 2021 Fantasy-esque mod, as in wrestling after the #SpeakingOut scandals & returning from Coronavirus. I'll probably for the most part limit this to Britain, Europe & America for the beginning. I already have a few ideas and based on real life information am going to incorporate some of that (Such as Progress new management, all the scandal & releases etc).

Any suggestions let me know, probably going to start a fresh on a clean version of the RWC for it.

Edit: I'll probably make a separate thread for that mod but not until I have something substantial to produce.