1920x1080 Resolution

I agree. I am also among those people that are considering a purchase but are being turned off by the low resolution. I think the developers should seriously consider licensing the Football Manager Engine. That engine not only has multiple resolutions, and modding capabilities but also has an extensive editor and a database of literally thousands of people.

There is one developer and one hired artist, making a game which is a niche upon a niche, published by a company which publishes nothing else of note.

They ain't got the money or margin to be licencing anything, and it's unrealistic to expect otherwise.

Having said that, a niche game from a solo dev and artist can absolutely be presented well.

I recorded myself flicking through a few screens of Premiership Coach 2011 - https://streamable.com/1fxklt

It was made by a solo dev and artist ten years ago for what was very much a a niche market (Australian football management sim - even smaller market than wrestling), and it looks great and is easy to navigate.

I'd be thrilled to have TEW's UI anything like that. As long as it's in VB, it's going to be greatly held back from a presentation, usability and functionality standpoint - but unless Adam is learning a new programming language, that isn't going to change.

There is one developer and one hired artist, making a game which is a niche upon a niche, published by a company which publishes nothing else of note.

They ain't got the money or margin to be licencing anything, and it's unrealistic to expect otherwise.

Having said that, a niche game from a solo dev and artist can absolutely be presented well.

I recorded myself flicking through a few screens of Premiership Coach 2011 - https://streamable.com/1fxklt

It was made by a solo dev and artist ten years ago for what was very much a a niche market (Australian football management sim - even smaller market than wrestling), and it looks great and is easy to navigate.

I'd be thrilled to have TEW's UI anything like that. As long as it's in VB, it's going to be greatly held back from a presentation, usability and functionality standpoint - but unless Adam is learning a new programming language, that isn't going to change.

That game looks really pretty. I mean thins positively. It looks like a mobile game you'd get. Really clean, yet fun. I'd be over the moon if TEW looked like that.

Is learning a new progamming language hard, or do people tend to just stick with one to make games for their entire life?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49344" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There is one developer and one hired artist, making a game which is a niche upon a niche, published by a company which publishes nothing else of note.<p> </p><p> They ain't got the money or margin to be licencing anything, and it's unrealistic to expect otherwise.</p><p> </p><p> Having said that, a niche game from a solo dev and artist can absolutely be presented well.</p><p> </p><p> I recorded myself flicking through a few screens of Premiership Coach 2011 - <a href="https://streamable.com/1fxklt" rel="external nofollow">https://streamable.com/1fxklt</a></p><p> </p><p> It was made by a solo dev and artist ten years ago for what was very much a a niche market (Australian football management sim - even smaller market than wrestling), and it looks great and is easy to navigate.</p><p> </p><p> I'd be thrilled to have TEW's UI anything like that. As long as it's in VB, it's going to be greatly held back from a presentation, usability and functionality standpoint - but unless Adam is learning a new programming language, that isn't going to change.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Never did I think I’d see a reference to PC11 in this forum</p>

It's the year 2020, no offence to anyone, or anyone in game development. But custom resolutions and full screen should be standard by now. Also the resolution that the game is running at natively was out of date in like 1998. It's a no buy for me if I can not make the game full screen. Easy as that, might as well stick to TEW 2016.

That game looks really pretty. I mean thins positively. It looks like a mobile game you'd get. Really clean, yet fun. I'd be over the moon if TEW looked like that.

Is learning a new progamming language hard, or do people tend to just stick with one to make games for their entire life?

It can be hard, yes, and people tend to stick with what's comfortable. I did this for a long time with Visual Basic 6 for my games, but finally tired of the limitations technically and in terms of presentation, and made the move to something more modern.

I'll say it was tough, but now my products tend to look slicker, run without weird admin mode issues on new systems, and are better functioning as a result.

It can be hard, yes, and people tend to stick with what's comfortable. I did this for a long time with Visual Basic 6 for my games, but finally tired of the limitations technically and in terms of presentation, and made the move to something more modern.

I'll say it was tough, but now my products tend to look slicker, run without weird admin mode issues on new systems, and are better functioning as a result.

Cool, thats really good to know. Its great to have input from someone with first hand experience of how this all works.