Covering Travel Expenses Change

Made it so that workers who aren't being paid monthly and who are not local will require travel expenses to be covered, by request

^ Not a huge fan of this change tbh. Maybe some workers (mercenary, money hungry etc.) should request for covered travel expenses if they're not working monthly, but how many indie companies actually cover their workers expenses that aren't exceptions like top guys or something?

I think it removes the realism a bit. One of the charms of a worker being a road warrior is that they're driving themselves from show to show trying to get booked and get noticed so they can move on to a bigger company or at least become a big draw on the indie scene.

Personally I'd like to see this feature tweaked so that only Mercenaries or Money Motivated workers will request their travel covered by indie sized company.

I think this was mostly requested because of the new "Talk to Worker"-feature.

Before this, for example you could talk a Japanese worker to work in the United States, sign him to a cheap non-exclusive deal, so he would still work (and live) in Japan, but work for your US company too without covered travel costs.

So I think it was a good request. But I do see where you coming from.

Maybe the best option would be, that only workers from different countries request this and like you said, some workers based on their personality.

<p>Nah, it was a necessary change.</p><p> </p><p>

Even without Talk to Worker you could bring over plenty of international workers for a tiny price - what removed the realism was having someone fly from Japan to Canada every week for $30!</p><p> </p><p>

It makes running a small company a lot more interesting, as you have a tougher choice between less-talented but cheaper local workers or more expensive international workers.</p>

<p>Several people with Indy experience have commented that travel expenses are the norm, actually.</p><p> </p><p>

If you're making $30-$100 per show, and traveling even just across the US to get to the show, you're operating at a massive loss just to wrestle a match if you're paying your own travel. No way people do that.</p><p> </p><p>

This forces small Indies to hire local talent, which is perfectly realistic. If you want that hot Indy star from California to come up your tiny show in Wisconsin, you'll have to pay for him to come hours or days away from home just for your match.</p>