Bruce the Giant is GAWD. [Giant Association of Wrestling and Destruction] (C-Verse)

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"](Note: This is a diary played in the realm of the Cornell-Verse however, the data has been modified. All workers as of the latest data release (as of April 17th, 06) have been set to active in all areas and of course, the addition of the federation this diary is based off of, GAWD. [B]Also[/B] this diary may contain some offensive language. All for the sake of writing and nobody in any way at alll is meant to be offended. Hope you have fun checking this out.)[/COLOR][/SIZE] [CENTER][B][I][U]And to think, it all started with a little bit of sake[/U][/I][/B]......[/CENTER] [U]THE BACKSTORY[/U] CORNELLVERSE - JANUARY, 2006 [SIZE="2"](an exerpt from the diary of Michelangelo [B]D'Angelo[/B])[/SIZE] [QUOTE]Wow.... Sometimes I still can't believe what we're about to embark upon. I never thought this could happen, not in a million years. I have to admit, when me and [B]Keith[/B] [SIZE="2"][I](diary co-writer/creator)[/I][/SIZE] were first shipped out to Japan a couple months ago, I thought it was punishment from the company. Punishment for the memo we sent out on the **** salaries and for spreading around a doctored photo of that ass-hole editor in a compromising situation with a man..or she-man...or...well, whatever that thing was. I guess Keith was far more against the reassignment than I was. I always thought Japan was a great place. I remember the few times the company sent me over to cover MMA, I enjoyed myself. I didn't know that I'd enjoy myself for a whole year, but... I thought, if anything else, it's a nice note on the ol' resume`. Plus, with Keith coming along why the hell not, we'd have some fun. Check out the Geisha's, see the sites and act on an opportunity many aren't fortunate to have. It was difficult at first, but then, we saw a familiar face and a face that changed our lives not just once but twice. Bruce the Giant was always my favorite wrestler. I can vividly remember that fateful night, September, 1992, they called it the encounter of 'Biblical Proportions' on the local wrestling radio program they had back then on the local New York City Community College radio show. I dunno if it was his size, I dunno if it was his swagger, but whatever it was, I knew then and there that the REAL show had arrived. He beat the living piss out of [B]Rip Chord[/B] like I had never seen nor did I ever imagine possible. A year later, 1993, he dethroned [B]Sam Strong[/B] in an epic encounter, so epic that me and Keith hitchhiked half the country to witness it live. The whole crowd was rooting for Strong but me and Keith were rooting for Brucie. I can remember a little kid crying in the row next to ours when Bruce put down Strong. Me and Keith, worse off than an Irish-man at Sunday morning mass, were so drunk I don't even know how I made it home that night. We made that kid feel horrible. I sorta feel bad, but it was funny. We were cheering Bruce on the whole night. The kid was crying so bad his old man had to ask us to keep it down. It was Bruce the Giant that made me and Keith seek out the job with [B]Pro Wrestling Hitz[/B]. We wanted in so bad it was hysterical. First he got a job as a janitor at their office and next I had a friend fake my resume and get me a job as a secretary. We submitted ideas anonymously for quite some time and began realizing our work being printed up in some of their magazines. When the boss came downstairs and asked us to keep an eye out for the anonymous submitter, we confessed and he laughed. He took us out for beers and changed our position and salary the next day. It was a great gig and we loved every minute. Later on though, the politics really began to come out and rather than just fire us and have us writing for the competition, they upped our salary and shipped us off to Japan to cover the Japanese market, hoping we'd quit. I'm sure glad we didn't. We met Bruce in the late 90s and we immediately saw what everybody was talking about as far as his attitude was concerned. I was worried my childhood hero would just shoot me down and ruin some great memories but I was shocked to see he didn't. Gotta say, we approached him like no other interviewer ever did, atleast, not to my knowledge. We grabbed the finest bottle of yellow tail, Australian wine, that we could find. We approached him with the bottle and he jokingly said, and I remember it vividly, "you blokes wanna ask me on a date or somethin'? If ya fellers are, wise of you to come in twos 'cause I'd crush the one of ya." It was a good joke and the start of a great professional relationship. Bruce was and is a spectacle. Our kind gesture inspired him to take us out. He said he hadn't met a friendly face in days and that the other reporters weren't his "kind of guys." We went out for drinks and I think he found our comparitively horrible tolerance for alcohol to be humorous. I don't remember anything of the first time we went drinking with Bruce but I know he knows something about it that he won't say. Whatever it was, it was something hilarious and made us a hit with the big man. From there on out Bruce always treated us nice. At press conferences he'd be sure to answer our questions no matter how much hell he'd gone through with other reporters. When Keiths grandfather died, Bruce called up and offered his condolensces. We knew Bruce in a way others didn't and really couldn't understand how others could say what they did. I guess, thats why, in 2005, Bruce nearly crushed us in a hug when we encountered him in Tokyo. It was hell getting through to the [B]BHOTWG[/B] and setting up our first interview. I don't think they wanted us anywhere near Bruce but we bothered them enough and flashed enough money in their face to get them to agree to let us interview him. I don't think they told him who we were, because if they did, I don't think it would have been such a difficult process. We hadn't seen or heard from Bruce since 2003, but we were sure he'd remember us. When he saw us, he nearly steamrolled half of Tokyo as he came to greet us in the street. We didn't have alot of time for hellos. A man his size in Japan stands out like a man in a college female basketball teams shower room. We quickly rushed inside of an extra large Hummer Limosuine, specially ordered and prepared for by the Japanese limo company. The company had served Bruce before and was recommended to us by BHOTWG. When we got inside, Bruce was thrilled to see us. Possibly more than we were to see him. We caught up very quickly and it was like we were those somewhat acquiantences somewhat friends immediately. Bruce loved Japan and believe me, Japan loved him too. He was as popular as a God out there and Bruce loved life out there. He said he refused to let us get on the plane to go back. As much as he loved it, there was a certain connection lacking. I think its because the Japanese people simply worshipped him so much, that they could never take him off the pedistool and he would seldom get any real friends out there. The idea to open his own company had been something on Bruces mind for awhile. He originally wanted to do it in 2004. Wealthy as a king, Bruce was in discussions with Australian businessmen to put something together in his homeland down in Australasia. After witnessing several wrestling promotions collapse horribly out there, Bruce quickly reconsidered and opted out of any plans. At Pro Wrestling Hitz, we'd often heard rumours about Sam Strong buying out his [B]TCW[/B] contract and heading to Japan to help promote the fledging [B]GCG[/B]. We asked Bruce about it and he laughed, saying that Strong would kill GCG faster than they were killing themselves. Bruce said that if they had enough money for him, he'd go there and turn the entire company around without wrestling a single match. Of course, that was off the record at the time. When Rip Chord opened up [B]MAW[/B], Bruce joked again, saying the only company Rip Chord should open up was DUI. We became quite friendly with Bruce. Friendly enough that we met with him once every other week and it was evident that the wrestling and his weight and size were really effecting his personality. He loved the fame, loved the money and truthfully, he loved the people too but Bruce was a phenom. A man with a gift and a curse. That lead to that unforgettable night on December 2005, when I answered my phone for the most important phone call of my career. "Quit yer job mate." Bruce said. I was a little surprised, I thought maybe he'd read some of the work I'd been writing and was telling me it was garbage. "What?" I asked. "Quit mate. Ya got a new job. Yer werkin' fer me, feller." I was perplexed. "What?" I said again. "Mate, shut yer pie-hole, get over ta Sakamatos an let's hit the shots. Grab that Irish pal o' yers and lets pound the rounds. I'll explain when I get there." "Alright.." I was eager, but also confused. I called Keith whom "lived" in the hotel room next to mine. We had alot of work to do that night. Had to wire stuff out to the states but this seemed like an emergency. We got to our favorite Sake bar, Dragon Sakamatos in downtown Tokyo. Bruce had gone there for years and was given a special room in the back where regular patrons wouldn't bother him. Although, the Black Hand always had access to Bruce. Usually they just sought out an autograph or asked for a picture. The men whom feared nothing certainly feared Bruce. When we got to the back room, Bruce was already there, stretched out as he was as there were no seats, just floor mats. There must've been over forty bottles of steaming Sake. It took us a handful to get buzzed, I don't think Bruce could get buzzed from Sake but it was clear he had alot of drinking to do. "What's the occassion?" I asked. "Down the rounds, pack yer bags, boys. We're headin' to Vegas." I was shocked. What proceeded to unfold was nothing short of amazing. Bruce told us that he loved Japan and loved his home there and loved the money he was making but he was having an itch to have one final run in the states. We had to assume he was going to join the SWF or maybe even TCW but we weren't sure what he was talking about. As far as we knew, he had a four year contract with BHOTWG and unless they were going to be booking in Las Vegas, Nevada there was no logical explanation or guess we had as to what he was referring to. Bruce said he talked with [B]Kaneie Komine[/B], BHOTWG owner and a respectable business man. He and Bruce had great respect for eachother and together they negotiated a buy-out of Bruces contract. He paid Bruce his entire salary for one year and they voided the following three years of the contract. I think Bruce made a total of $300,000 US but I could be wrong by a few grand. Either way, chunk change compared to his complete net-value. Bruce said he was starting his own wrestling promotion and he didn't trust anybody to help him run it besides us. We were stunned. After hours of drinking and talking, we were convinced. Bruce assured us that he'd take care of us. Double our salaries and make sure we were happy. He said he knew we were taking a risk but he'd make it worth it. We were dying to get back to the states and we'd always dreamed about a job like this and finally, it was coming true...and now, it has come true. The name is Giant Association of Wrestling and Destruction. GAWD. Because Bruce is the face of the company and the owner and he is known worldwide as The Giant. Its the Association of us and the championship committee we will form and it is a wrestling promotion set out to destroy the competition. We are up against legends, politics and everything you could imagine but we have faith in GAWD. Just three nights ago I remember checking my e-mail in my new apartment located on the outskirts of Las Vegas, Sin City. It was from Keith... there were no words, just one picture...and the picture said a thousand words.... [CENTER][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/GAWD.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[U]January, Week 1, 2006[/U] [QUOTE][CENTER][CENTER][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/gawdwrestlingcom.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/Giant.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/AssociationofWrestlingand.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/Destruction.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/GAWD.gif[/IMG] [B][U][SIZE="5"]GAWD IS BORN!![/SIZE][/U][/B] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/legend.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/MichelangeloDAngelo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Ramaeno/KeithGardener.jpg[/IMG] Written by: [B]Michelangelo D'Angelo[/B] and [B]Keith Gardener[/B][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="5"]W[/SIZE][/B]elcome wrestling fans, to the launch of the official website and online home of the Giant Association of Wrestling and Destruction, GAWD! The newest wrestling promotion in the United States, set to the take the wrestling world by storm! Yes, the story that took the wrestling world by storm continues to tell its tale as legendery pro wrestling champion [B]Bruce the Giant[/B] has returned to the United States and has formulated what will become the greatest professional wrestling promotion on Earth! Thank you fans for coming to our website and checking us out. This is the number one source for information regarding the latest news about GAWD so bookmark us and be sure to check back several times a day, daily as we bring you all the news you need. The birth of GAWD has occurred, ladies and gentlemen, as it was only hours ago that Bruce the Giant made his public address and stated his intentions to "take the wrestling world by storm again." And we thank all of the fans whom attended the public address and all of the fans whom intend to help make GAWD the number one wrestling promotion in the world. Once again, please be sure to check us out at [B][U][SIZE="2"]http://www.gawdwrestling.com[/SIZE][/U][/B] as we embark upon our voyage into the pro wrestling spotlight. Here at GAWD, our mission statement is simple, bring you the best action, the top stars, the biggest names and the marquee bouts that fans are dying to see! You want action? You want drama? You want the biggest, most gigantic stars in wrestling? Then the answer is GAWD. Let GAWD be your answer and be sure to check back here, the only place to find out the truth and all the accurate facts about GAWD. Fasten your seat belts fans, the wrestling world is about to witness the coming of GAWD.*[/QUOTE]

Archived