<p>Doing my first attempt at this in the new RWC mod for April. Used the random stats which seems to be a disadvantage, but never mind. </p><p> </p><p>

Started is Southern England with an Attitude Entertainment fed. No idea how people are knocking out the 50+ achievements in their first shows, because after a full year I'm yet to have a 50 rated show or match. They have steadily increased though.</p><p> </p><p>

At the start I was doing free weekly shows but I quickly abandoned this when the 3rd show didn't gain any popularity. Instead I swapped to 2 shows a month. The economy and wrestling industry kept dropping though and eventually both his 0, which lead to my shows not attracting any more fans despite being free. When that happened I started charging "Normal" prices, which cut my attendance from about 75 to about 45 as I couldn't afford to keep running for free if the attendance was no longer rising. I soon got the point where, thanks to sponsorship money, I could break even on my 2 shows a month as long as I used the bare minimum in terms of staff costs. When that happened, I dropped to 1 show a month in order to start making profits, and pay back the debt. After a full year I was $3887 in debt having made a profit of 870-930 each of the previous 4 months.</p><p> </p><p>

My end of year roll gave me a <strong>Hot New Move</strong>. Once I got that I decided I had to try and improve on my terrible Road Agent who was penalising every segment/match on the card. There was no one affordable locally so I took the gamble of hiring a guy from Ireland who would cost me $100 a show including travel, more than I was paying out before. So far, he's been worth it though, and we've had our best matches/shows to date, and are knocking on the door of the 50 rating achievements. </p><p> </p><p>

My UC continues to be pretty crap though, with his best match so far being a 45. Whenever I use the "Mayhem" match aim for him it says that the chaotic style hid my poor performance.... even when I'm the best performer in the match. No idea why. I have managed to get him up to 40 Popularity though.</p><p> </p><p>

It's been a good level of challenge that has seen me have to watch every penny spent. The debt is now down to $1735 after 14 months so we should easily clear that in the next 2 months and at least not be closed down.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Edit- </strong> My next show got the Magic 50 rating so I got another role which let me make an unemployed wrestler active in the UK and my close friend. Of unemployed wrestlers with at least 30 pop in the UK, the only 2 who weren't active here and I couldn't talk into it were Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey. My owner goal does not let me hire MMA Crossover stars so on that basis I went with Ronda as she is younger so by the time that goal expires, she's more likely to still be wrestling. If I was willing to break the goal, I could bring her in, but not without bankrupting us. Maybe one day....</p>

• 3 months later...

I've been grinding my way through this. I don't have as much time to play TEW as I would like, I find it a hard game to play after a day at work because it seems to take the same mental energy as my job but my save is always in the back of my mind.

I have reached the end of 2025 now, as a booker I have turned TCW around going from 72 pop in the US when I took over in Feb to 92 at the end of the year. Roderick Remus, Americana Jr. and Marc Speed have become mega stars and Jack Bruce, Emma Chase and RDJ are cutting 100 rated promos constantly.

We're still number four in the world and coming third out of three in the national battles but we are competing with SWF and USPW. One big problem I have is that my owner, Lisa Bowen, has decided that I can't sign anyone from a Medium size company or higher which means I can't try and poach workers from my rivals.

My UC...not so good, this is me after nearly 200 matches:

6D86kqi.png

My selling and psychology are getting there but the top level stats are never going to be better than 60-65.

Here's my UC's best matches so far...

dcIAcGq.png

The Commonwealth is my UC and Aaron Knight and The Bulldogs are my UC and Michael Gregory.

I'm still considered unimportant by the fans so it is probably time to give myself a push now rather than jobbing in the opening match.

Glorious George Green - Achievements and rolls

Match Grades

First Step - Earn a Match Grade of 50 or More With Your Wrestler

[unlocked; rolled - 9. "Keeping It In The Family" Create a younger sibling wrestler aged 17 (same 750 skill point split). If you are over 32 treat this as a son/daughter]

Taking the Next Step - Earn a Match Grade of 75 or More With Your Wrestler

[unlocked; rolled - 38. “Casting Call" You have been cast in a small TV show, next stop Hollywood! +5 points to spend across Charisma and Acting. Also add TV Actor to Misc for your character. If previously your character had "TV Actor" add "Movie Star"]

Becoming Elite - Earn a Match Grade of 90 or More With Your Wrestler

Almost There - Earn a Match Grade of 99 or More With Your Wrestler

Event Grades

Fresh New Indie - Produce an Event Card of 50

[unlocked; rolled - 11. “LEGEN… wait for it… DARY!” Gain a Best Friend relationship with someone on your roster whose picture is of them wearing a suit. If no-one on your roster is wearing a suit, you must hire someone who wears a suit and become their Best Friend anyway then add the Drinker attribute.]

A True Alternative - Produce an Event Card of 75

[unlocked; rolled - 23. "The Man of 1004 holds!" You got stretched by a technical master, +5 to your Technical skill]

Hottest Thing In The Industry - Produce an Event Card of 90

[unlocked; rolled - 14. “UHHHHHHH, WHAT A RUSHHHHHHHH” Add "Hard Drug User" to your character’s addictions. If you have this already then upgrade to "Heavy Hard Drug User" or "Former Hard Drug User" if previously a Heavy Hard Drug User.]

Company Growth

Hello World - Work for a Tiny company

[unlocked; rolled - 47. "Fight Anyone" You never back down, add "Plays Badass Well" and “Dynamo” to your attributes]

Not So Small After All - Work for a Small company

[unlocked; rolled - 24. “Aerial Assassin” You have devoted yourself to climbing that turnbuckle, +5 to your Aerial or Flashiness skill]

We Are The Moment - Work for a Medium company

[unlocked; rolled - 44. “Super Awesome Wrestling-A-Go-Go: Electric Boogaloo” You are suddenly hilarious, add "Plays Comedy Well" and “Comedy worker” to your attributes]

The Road To Glory - Work for a Big company

[unlocked; rolled - 37. “Snow To An Eskimo” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Selling skill]

Larger than life - Work for a Large company

[unlocked; rolled - 36. “Solid? Liquid? Gas?” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Consistency skill]

Unsinkable - Work for a Titanic company

Power 500

Into The Bubble - Debut in the Power 500

[unlocked; rolled - 40. "As Real As It Gets" The World of Professional Fighting called you out and you delivered. Add +5 between Toughness and Menace. Add either MMA Fighter, Boxer or Pro Martial Artist to your character]

Going Places - Break into the Top 250

Turn of A Centenary - Break into the Top 100

A Select Few- Break into the Top 50

Best of the Best- Break into the Top 10

Misc

Legendary Angle - Be involved in a 100 Rated Angle

Legendary Show - Book a 100 rated show

[unlocked; rolled - 10. "Paging Dr Zahorian" Your owner thinks the roster looks a bit small. Hire a 'dirty doctor' using the backstage rules menu]

Legendary Event - Have one of your events reach Legendary importance or win the main event of an already legendary show

Legendary Year - Win wrester of the year in the annual awards

End of Year rolls:

2020 - 24. “Aerial Assassin” You have devoted yourself to climbing that turnbuckle, +5 to your Aerial or Flashiness skill

2021 - 36. “Solid? Liquid? Gas?” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Consistency skill

2022 - 13. “P-A-R-T-why? Cos I Gotta!” Add "Soft Drug User" to your character’s addictions. If you have this already then upgrade to "Heavy Soft Drug User" or "Former Soft Drug User" if previously a Heavy Soft Drug User.

2023 - 17. “I Fought The Law And The Law Won” Add "Chequered Past" to your character's personality. If you have this already upgrade to "Often in Trouble" and if needed, "Most Wanted"

2024 - 14. “UHHHHHHH, WHAT A RUSHHHHHHHH” Add "Hard Drug User" to your character’s addictions. If you have this already then upgrade to "Heavy Hard Drug User" or "Former Hard Drug User" if previously a Heavy Hard Drug User.

2025 - 30. “Golden boy” You can’t put a foot wrong in the ring at the moment, add “Midas Touch” to your attributes

I unlocked about ten achievements from running TCW and it was a mixed bag for sure, some useful stat increases (and midas touch) but I am now a heavy drug user to go with my drinking and soft drug use.

Adding a dirty doctor to the beckstage area seems like a terrible idea but that was the roll....

• 7 months later...
I know. Would it be an overreaction to start a new RTG and remove the negative rolls?

Or maybe a new rule that you don't have to take the roll (no re-roll though)? My enthusiasm for this save has really been sapped by the constant bad rolls.

Some of those rolls are just crippling aren't they?

I know. Would it be an overreaction to start a new RTG and remove the negative rolls?

Or maybe a new rule that you don't have to take the roll (no re-roll though)? My enthusiasm for this save has really been sapped by the constant bad rolls.

The negative rolls add to the fun/challenge though, doesn't it?

Has anyone actually completed this challenge yet? Seems significantly harder here than on 2016.

The negative rolls add to the fun/challenge though, doesn't it?

Has anyone actually completed this challenge yet? Seems significantly harder here than on 2016.

That's the idea but when you spend so long playing as one character you don't want that ruined by a few bad rolls. I decided to fix my save by sending myself to rehab (not booking myself for a month and removing addictions via the editor) and by sacking the dirty doctor (realistically something like the Brent death would make the owner act).

I don't think my guy is going to complete the challenge anyway but I am pretty invested in the save and I just bought out the company I started the challenge with as booker of TCW which is pretty interesting. I also have Tommy Cornell Jr. so I want to see how that goes.

I don't think anyone has completed the challenge yet. It was hard when the game first came out because of the pop caps.

That's the idea but when you spend so long playing as one character you don't want that ruined by a few bad rolls. I decided to fix my save by sending myself to rehab (not booking myself for a month and removing addictions via the editor) and by sacking the dirty doctor (realistically something like the Brent death would make the owner act).

I don't think my guy is going to complete the challenge anyway but I am pretty invested in the save and I just bought out the company I started the challenge with as booker of TCW which is pretty interesting. I also have Tommy Cornell Jr. so I want to see how that goes.

I don't think anyone has completed the challenge yet. It was hard when the game first came out because of the pop caps.

Are pop caps still a thing? I haven't played in months. I always come back to the RtG challenge when I do though.

bWqmmbo.png

I've been trying to complete the challenge on my own time but damn is it difficult. Griding from a Medium to Big Company is a ludicrous amount of effort in this edition. I think the best tactic to complete the RTG would be to constantly jump ship until you can get to a top promotion but it's hardly a rewarding way of doing it.

Are pop caps still a thing? I haven't played in months. I always come back to the RtG challenge when I do though.

Pop caps are soft caps that depend on a variety of things (your workers stats) but also your broadcasting reach. The bigger company you are with the better broadcasting the higher the cap rises.

You would think. But since nobody has completed the challenge as of yet, it may not be enough.

Yes, given that we are nearly two years in with no completed challenges yet maybe Prodigy is allowable.

On the subject of rule changes; i'm thinking of adding an 'attribute reset' rule. I think we should be able to remove attributes via the editor but all attributes not just the negative ones. This way you can remove the drug addictions etc but you lose the positive attribute rolls too.

I've just done this with my UC so he is no longer a Heavy drug user and drinker with a chequered past but he is also no longer a boxer/TV actor with midas touch.

The question is how often would resets be allowed? Once a career? Every five years?

Yes, given that we are nearly two years in with no completed challenges yet maybe Prodigy is allowable.

On the subject of rule changes; i'm thinking of adding an 'attribute reset' rule. I think we should be able to remove attributes via the editor but all attributes not just the negative ones. This way you can remove the drug addictions etc but you lose the positive attribute rolls too.

I've just done this with my UC so he is no longer a Heavy drug user and drinker with a chequered past but he is also no longer a boxer/TV actor with midas touch.

The question is how often would resets be allowed? Once a career? Every five years?

I could see every 5 years being possible, wrestlers go through major changes in their careers and lives and are constantly evolving and changing so that's not a bad way to do it.

I'm also not entirely sure but I feel like since I last was working on one of these about a year ago the game has been patched to make popularity gains even more rare with companies. Originally you could gain 3 popularity over a 2 month period but I spent my first 2 months getting nothing in a new save. Not sure if this is the case or if I just screwed something up, but I was pretty shocked considering how consistent it was before.

Maybe add a few rolls where you can either add or remove specific types of attributes up to your choice?

1997 has come to a close. We lost JD Morgan and The Hype to HCG. Gained loyalty of Grandmaster Phunk and Ernie Turner, I'm guessing through constant post-event praise? No achievements met, although we came close to a 50 match a couple times.

3. "Trusted Companion" You gain the Loyalty of one of your roster (random roll from the list of your current roster).

-Rolled a 1, so Axxis Jr. is another of the roster that is now loyal to me. I guess my UC has a bit of Paul Heyman in him!

As a side note, I started the challenge over and removed all points in microphone and put it more towards in ring skills as well as changed my product to Fast and Furious. So we're 100% going for full on performance.

Started with 75 in Technical, Aerial, Flashiness, Psychology, Charisma, Star Quality, Athleticism and Power, Stamina at 50 and Brawling at 25.

I've already increased muscle mass as well as increased size so Star Quality is up to 83 as we're now a toned middleweight. If we can get Charisma up, we'll be able to make ourselves a figurehead. In terms of the company, we've finally gotten out of the red as the year ticked over to 1998. I'm making roughly 2k a month, so I'm likely going to up music production and try to get a couple better workers to replace Phunk and Turner. Would like to get a 50 match and 50 show pretty quick for more rolls. We're at 9 in Mid-South, so hopefully we'll be tiny by the end of the year.

Okay, I started a new challenge in a setting I know well using my normal PWE in Canada with the perf over pop that I like to run to make things easier. Had a few more wrestlers than normal, but by the end of the year I wasn't losing that much money and I got a very lucky year end roll so not a big deal.

Playing as Calvin King with this stat spread:

eJQYJ3i.png

My second show was 50 overall because of Ernest Youngman being a beast and I rolled a three giving me the loyalty of one of my guys, I got Zippy Deverell. 5th show I stuck my UC against Youngman to get my first 50 overall match and rolled It's not the Size of the Dog so I am now an underdog and giving performer. Mostly I was just trying to figure out the new popularity gains, which seem to be as far as I can tell capped at 9 per year for Insignificant, which is a lot less than it was before. Year end roll was an 8 "Where There's A Will" and I took the cash, which brought me up to the positive, though I expect I"ll dip back into the red before too long.

Definitly more challenging with the updates, but I am looking forward to seeing how year two goes.