Stopping random companies and workers

I just noticed companies preset as "randomly" to open, will in fact open. So if we're playing a historical database with everything preset, we're basically forced to delete them all from the database. Isn't this a bit extreme? I know it just tries to fill in holes, but if 21CW is set to debut at a certain date that will screw up an entire region.

I'd also love the same thing to happen to workers. I may have lost my mind, but in TEW16 you could turn off new workers apart from the ones preset. :confused: There's no era settings to change in this regard. You also can't set the talent level of the debuting workers, so any historical mods will get screwed once the game pops up workers that will outshine the actual talent.

<p>Yeah, i want this one back! I actually thought i just could not find where it was, but this is not the case it seems. I even started a topic on this: <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547273" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547273</a></p><p> </p><p>

In my 2016 game i had to remove companies and workers from joining the game because the game got VERY slow after a couple of decades. </p><p> </p><p>

In fact, i had to convert the save game into a database and i had to close the companies manually + i also removed about 1000 workers to speed up the game.</p><p> </p><p>

So it is not only an issue with historical mods, it is also a performance issue as well.</p>

ok, i see the problem here. Dojo's have a fixed amount of workers per year and "you pay" a certain amount of money per year to guarantee you that amount of workers.

I think the solution is that "regenerated" workers get added to the "pool" that the Dojo's recruit from. This does not solve the issue though because there could be a lack of regenerated photo's available. The short term solution is have the dojo promote a Non Regenerated worker with a free pick.

I also think that Dojo's should open or "depreciate" their facilities at a pace that balances out this issue. For example, if there is a massive pool of regenerated photo's, then there will be a bigger chance that a worker (who retired) will open a school. If there is a lack, then dojo's are more likely to close or their facilities will depreciate faster (if owned by a company).

Option B is to simply remove the option to fix the amount of workers joining the game. Now that is regulated by the dojo facilities. If that is removed totally, then the dojo will recruit based on available regenerated photo's .

ok, it seems i was right about the game slowing down due to the amount of random workers being pumped into the game:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547298

This dude did a watcher game with very few companies, but the game generated way too many workers than intended and that is where the player controlled the Dojo's. Almost 2000 workers generated when the intended amount was suppose to be under 400. This made the game very slow after 3 decades in.

<p>I noticed one other thing now..............workers are not only deputing from Dojo's only. </p><p> </p><p>

I think the optimum solution for this is to have 3 options:</p><p> </p><p>

-No new workers (this means only workers you have added to depute will join, this is best for historical only mods).</p><p>

-Regen's only. So only existing workers regenerate, this is best to have a balance and fixates the total workers in the game. If there are Dojo's, they will use the pool of regens</p><p>

-Regens + Dojos (no random generated, everyone needs to have training center attached to them).</p><p>

-How it is now (Regens + Free pics)</p>

That would be nice. In any event, they are a plague on the game. I wanted to sign a C-verse worker, but apparently 2 of the regens's stats were so amazing they eclipsed them in every way. I'd be a moron not to take them. I'd also have to select a different picture as it's not fitting the worker at all.