As far as i can see, you can no longer search for example good in ring skill, so i was wondering what was most important skills for in ring? Im guessing basics, selling, consistency, selling

Basics are only important up to a certain level (I think 40.) In general psychology and at least one good primary skill - best of brawling, puro, technical, aerial and hardcore, unless you're in a fed running a product which doesn't use hardcore - are key. I THINK flashiness just boosts aerial this time around? Experience is also really important, and as you said, selling and consistency definitely help a lot.

The way I think of it, you need a good grounding in basics (40+), safety, selling. Those are your key stats. They won't make you good by themselves, but will make sure you don't actively stink up the ring.

Then on top of that, high stats in at least one of either brawling (or hardcore/puro if that's how your company rolls), technical or aerial. That will make you interesting to watch. You don't really need more than one. 90 brawling and 20 technical and aerial is better (IMO) than 60 in all three. Obviously 90 in all three would be ideal. ;)

Then psychology (and experience now) is the seasoning on top, which makes sure you're able to be the leader in the ring instead of needing someone else to tell you what to do. These come naturally though, so they're the least important in terms of hiring people (assuming you've already got some vets on the roster), especially youngsters.

Kinda like when you're hiring for a company, knowledge of the industry and processes is the least important thing, as that can be taught and will come with experience.

If you keep shouting at customers who get under your skin (poor basics), being miserable all the time and looking like you've just got out of bed (poor selling) or swearing at them (safety), that's a huge problem. That severely limits your ability to do pretty much ANY job that involves customers.

If you're really good at your job, you should be able to engage them in conversation and make them interested in what you have to say (good top row skills).

Not knowing the answer to something technical they ask (psychology) isn't that important when you start out, that'll come with time and nobody knows everything, and a good company will put you in the role (ring) with a veteran who you can go to and get the answer.

The way I think of it, you need a good grounding in basics (40+), safety, selling. Those are your key stats. They won't make you good by themselves, but will make sure you don't actively stink up the ring.

Then on top of that, high stats in at least one of either brawling (or hardcore/puro if that's how your company rolls), technical or aerial. That will make you interesting to watch. You don't really need more than one. 90 brawling and 20 technical and aerial is better (IMO) than 60 in all three. Obviously 90 in all three would be ideal. ;)

Then psychology (and experience now) is the seasoning on top, which makes sure you're able to be the leader in the ring instead of needing someone else to tell you what to do. These come naturally though, so they're the least important in terms of hiring people (assuming you've already got some vets on the roster), especially youngsters.

Kinda like when you're hiring for a company, knowledge of the industry and processes is the least important thing, as that can be taught and will come with experience. If you keep shouting at customers who get under your skin (poor basics), being miserable all the time and looking like you've just got out of bed (poor selling) or swearing at them (safety), that's a huge problem. You should be able to engage them in conversation and make them interested in what you have to say (top row skills). But not knowing the answer to something technical they ask (psychology) isn't that important, that'll come with time and nobody knows everything.

Thank you for posting this. Very helpful indeed.

Thanks, alot of cruiserweight have good flashyness but lower aerial, so how much better does it make it

I'm not sure how true this rings, but I've always looked at those guys with high flashiness and low aerial as the sort of guys that can do a 630 but can't really do it well. They can flip and fly but can't make are lacking impact or do it a bit sloppy. Compare Billy Kidman's SSP to Paul London's in a way.