[RELEASE THREAD]CornellVerse India Expansion (a forum-sourced mod)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Element" data-cite="Element" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49621" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I import the updated data if I already imported the old data? I haven't started a game yet, so can I just import the new data the same way I did the first and it will overwrite whatever it needs to?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it won't automatically overwrite things you have already imported. The best thing to do would be to use the database where I have already done the importing for you (marked as FULL) and just copy and paste into either a new database or your default database (this will have no effect on saves already created, just on future saves). Hope this helps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49621" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, it won't automatically overwrite things you have already imported. <strong>The best thing to do would be to use the database where I have already done the importing for you (marked as FULL) and just copy and paste into either a new database or your default database (this will have no effect on saves already created, just on future saves).</strong> Hope this helps.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, I can't do that because I've done a lot of editing to the default database and don't want to lose any of the changes I've made. I'm just looking to add your new stuff to my heavily edited default database where I've already imported your old stuff and without losing my work. Is there any way to do that? Sorry if I'm just not understanding something or annoying you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Element" data-cite="Element" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49621" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, I can't do that because I've done a lot of editing to the default database and don't want to lose any of the changes I've made. I'm just looking to add your new stuff to my heavily edited default database where I've already imported your old stuff and without losing my work. Is there any way to do that? Sorry if I'm just not understanding something or annoying you.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only way I can think of would be to delete what you imported previously and then import the new content.</p>

The only way I can think of would be to delete what you imported previously and then import the new content.

I thought that might ultimately have been my only choice, but was hoping for something a little less "manual." I'll mess around with things some (making sure to backup my data first) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help and quick replies! Great mod you've got here!

I thought that might ultimately have been my only choice, but was hoping for something a little less "manual." I'll mess around with things some (making sure to backup my data first) and let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help and quick replies! Great mod you've got here!

Thank you, and sorry for the difficulty you are having. The other option might be to do something similar to what I do with other mods....when I download a new mod (ex. CV2005, CV1997, CV70s), I create a totally new database so that my default database stays untouched and then when any changes come down it's simple to update. I actually have the full version of my mod separate from my default data to do testing with before I release updates for it.

Unless any feedback notes a big error that needs correction, the next update likely will not happen until I have met the worker submission goal I originally set out for (100). Still need 23 various workers that can be submitted here:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546691

Also, still looking for suggestions for event names for the two default companies that can be posted here or in the submission thread.

Final question....Is there anything else people would like to see included in the mod (not promising it will happen, but most if not all suggestions will be considered).

Unless any feedback notes a big error that needs correction, the next update likely will not happen until I have met the worker submission goal I originally set out for (100). Still need 23 various workers that can be submitted here:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546691

Also, still looking for suggestions for event names for the two default companies that can be posted here or in the submission thread.

Final question....Is there anything else people would like to see included in the mod (not promising it will happen, but most if not all suggestions will be considered).

Maybe a women promotion or more women wrestling in that region^^

Maybe a women promotion or more women wrestling in that region^^

Definitely a possibility. I have edited DSPW to have a small or medium (I can't remember which) women's division as it fits better for them than MGPW, but so far have only had 9 submissions for women that can wrestle. The other women that have been submitted have been announcer/commentator, manager/valet, or referees.

Unfortunately had to go out of town early due to a minor family situation. This means that I am going to have to push the next update back to early next week as I won't be back until late Sunday or early Monday.

Hope all is well, take all the time you need, baller :D

Hope all is well, take all the time you need, baller :D

Thanks Kijar. I'm finally home after helping family deal with some craziness (I live near Atlanta, GA and between virus and protests over the police shooting things have been insane). Planning on spending some time tomorrow and Saturday to finish getting all of the latest worker additions taken care of (all renders are done save a couple for characters I am personally introducing), and run some testing to see how things play with the latest patch. Not going to promise/estimate a release for the next update as I learned this week that things can change in a heartbeat in the current environment, but I will get it out ASAP. Thanks for the support and interest in the mod!

• 4 weeks later...
Anything new with this mod? Didn't realize it's been almost a month since the last post in here

Nothing new at the moment. The last month has turned really crazy, topped off with me having a pretty nasty eye infection. Taking meds and can't wear contact lens for roughly another 7-10 days. Anything over about 15 minutes on the computer causes migraines. I fully intend to complete the planned update as soon as I can once the infection has healed.

Nothing new at the moment. The last month has turned really crazy, topped off with me having a pretty nasty eye infection. Taking meds and can't wear contact lens for roughly another 7-10 days. Anything over about 15 minutes on the computer causes migraines. I fully intend to complete the planned update as soon as I can once the infection has healed.

Ouch! Get well soon, buddy.

Yikes. Hope that clears up soon. Sounds nasty

• 3 weeks later...

Progress update (or lack of I guess). So, while my eye infection improved, it failed to heal completely with antibiotics. This past Monday, I had a minor out-patient surgical procedure to correct an issue the infection has caused in one of my tear ducts. Now I get to walk around the house doing my best Hugh de Aske impression with an eye patch for the next week or so.

I absolutely plan to complete the data with everything submitted so far, and still have a few ideas for further additions to the mod. Just need you guys to bear with me a little bit longer.

• Like 1