"This thread is turning into personal attacks"

Anyone else tired of valid threads being shut down with the justification of "its turning into personal attacks", despite there being either very little or, more commonly, no personal attacks whatsoever like the "Keyboard Arrow/Scroll Support Process" thread? If action is to be taken, it should be taken against the users in question-- not against everyone like its third grade. Communist china sympathizers Reddit/google/Facebook/etc dont even do that.

I for one would love to have a thread dedicated to any progress involving the keyboard and mouse. That is one of the major fixes I am waiting on before I purchase this game. This is a necessity for me, and I know I am not alone. Having a top thread regarding this issue (along with discussion in the suggestions forum) will go a lot further than it being lost on page 132 of the beta thread, or page 7 on the release thread.

People disagreeing should not warrant a thread being locked, especially on such an important manner

The forum rules are in place for a reason. When these rules aren't followed, the mods lock the threads.

If everyone follows the rules in place then we won't lock threads - anything we do come into is either us noticing it when we're browsing the forums or reported posts from other users. We really don't want to keep locking threads or handing out warnings but we can hardly be lenient when personal attacks are happening in one thread but then not do it in another thread because the same thread is giving feedback on a matter that users feel strongly about. That's not how rules work.

As always, the mod team are open to messages being sent if people think we are being too harsh and we're more than happy to discuss. With this in mind, I'm locking this thread. If you'd like to discuss this further, my inbox is clear.