Great job improving the UI

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Thomnipotent" data-cite="Thomnipotent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It might look a bit better, but it still has issues- some things are still totally unintuitive or hard to find, and the UI doesn't PLAY any better. Form has been somewhat addressed: function is still an issue.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed, there’s still room for improvement but after the shock of the initial travesty, this is a great change.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr Strangelove" data-cite="Dr Strangelove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Agreed, there’s still room for improvement but after the shock of the initial travesty, this is a great change.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. The office page is functional and the skin is much-improved.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="natey2k4" data-cite="natey2k4" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's the thing. If this game had a UI like OOTP... or even like the College Football game by GDS someone brought up awhile ago.... it would be so much easier to use the amazing features Adam puts into the game. But because the UI is so clunky, so out of date, and so frustrating - a ton of the features will never be used. <p> </p><p> The fact that a bonus is hidden behind a random link, which has a pop-up, that you'd never know is a link, because it's surrounded by more of the same colour text that isn't linked to anything.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Basic functionality shouldn't feel like an 'Easter egg.'</p>

Another one of these threads. How many do we need? Glad you're happy, sadly many of us are not.

Exactly.

This needs to be one thread about just the UI.

And people need to understand that the criticism isn't rude, but necessary. We care about the franchise. About the game. That's why we're posting and being fairly reasonable about everything.

There was an excellent thread posted by a member who works in UI development pointing out the ways the UI was a disaster. None of his suggestions have been implemented, it's only a re-skin and the office screen has been re-gridded.

I'm worried that due to VB6 the game has been coded into a corner and can no longer be changed to what we're hoping. I get the feeling that the functionality has dictated the design, and for the design to change it's going to mess up the functionality, hence why the design is barely changing, even though there are some really simple suggestions that are frequently being raised and aren't being implemented or even acknowledged.

I wish they'd announce that though - "we can't change this due to coding limitations" - then you'd just think oh, fair enough. Whereas at the moment it just seems like a lot of issues are being ignored.

There is still a long way to go with the UI. I hope Ryland doesn't think this issue is fixed now.

I'd say the UI is relatively fine right now. What's still a massive problem is the UX, and I don't see that changing because it would probably need a complete rewrite of the user interface and all the logic behind it.

Until Adam finally moves to a more modern programming language (and, honestly, there's hardly anything that's less modern than VB) and/or takes some courses on UX design, we're probably stuck with what we have right now. I think I can somehow live with it (the bigger problem right now is that the game is unplayable because of the problems with finances and non-wrestler momentum) because my eyes (and soul) no longer hurt when looking at the game, but in all honesty I still expect more from a 35 € game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheJG" data-cite="TheJG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49642" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wish they'd announce that though - "we can't change this due to coding limitations" - then you'd just think oh, fair enough. Whereas at the moment it just seems like a lot of issues are being ignored.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this is one of the biggest problems with the game's release. There's very little communication and essentially zero transparency, so people keep bringing up issues because they feel like they're being ignored. Then other people come and attack them for bringing up the same issues. They respond, and then get themselves warned or banned for their troubles. Some acknowledgement would go a lot way, even if it's just to say "no that's not going to happen."</p>

I think this is one of the biggest problems with the game's release. There's very little communication and essentially zero transparency, so people keep bringing up issues because they feel like they're being ignored. Then other people come and attack them for bringing up the same issues. They respond, and then get themselves warned or banned for their troubles. Some acknowledgement would go a lot way, even if it's just to say "no that's not going to happen."

I would agree with this, yeah. I'm feeling relatively lucky because a lot of my requests got patched in. I think that the wages thing I keep going on about has a chance of making it in, but if it doesn't, it would be good to know (because then I'll shut up about it and not waste my time trying to point out examples of why I think stuff should be changed!) I'm sure a lot of people feel similarly about points they've made several times - a lot of the time for one of these suggestions it's hard to know whether it's not in because Adam disagrees, or because it's a programming limitation, or because it's something under consideration.

I didn’t think that UI changes were still possible at this stage but the biggest problem with the game has been fixed. Thanks!

Surely Adam could still move buttons around to take away "dead space" and make it more user friendly. He's added more mouse scrollwheel support...

I think this is one of the biggest problems with the game's release. There's very little communication and essentially zero transparency, so people keep bringing up issues because they feel like they're being ignored. Then other people come and attack them for bringing up the same issues. They respond, and then get themselves warned or banned for their troubles. Some acknowledgement would go a lot way, even if it's just to say "no that's not going to happen."

Exactly. I mean, even with letter grades, where we've been told that they're not being considered, it doesn't say why:

"QUESTION: Will letter grade graphics be re-added?

ANSWER: No, that is not something that is being considered."

Right, so they're not being considered, but why? A lot of people like them and the previous version of the game had an option for both, which pleased everyone. But now they're not being considered? Is it coding limitations? If it's coding limitations then why was it present in the previous version of the game, which used the same coding language? Is it just something that they don't want to add because they personally don't like them?

Everything's so cryptic.