Exclusive handshake workers still work for other companies

I hired some workers on an exclusive handshake in beta but they're still working for other companies. Is it a beta issue? How should I fix that?

It's discussed in the handbook. Essentially, since there's no legal documentation involved, Exclusive Handshake agreements are nearly impossible to enforce.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr Strangelove" data-cite="Dr Strangelove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What’s their point then?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exclusive handshake deals are the TEW20 equivalent to the Exclusive PPA in past versions. They're good for saving money on talent when you're the biggest company in your game area (or the world). If you're drowning in money or there's a fish that's bigger than you, it's not very useful. If neither of these things apply (like say, if you're 21CW), it has utility if used creatively. The "problem" is, it isn't painfully obvious when it would be useful so the consensus is it's 'useless'.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr Strangelove" data-cite="Dr Strangelove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49654" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hired some workers on an exclusive handshake in beta but they're still working for other companies. Is it a beta issue? How should I fix that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure they're not just finishing off their commitments with other companies before becoming exclusive?</p>