Checklist or Guide?

Question for newbie evaluating the game. Has anyone ever created a checklist or guide as to what you generally should do per turn so you don't miss something important? With all the screens and buttons kind of individual things vs some kind of workflow, not sure always what I should be doing every single turn.

This is not meant as a thread to discuss the UI and how it could be made better to make it clearer so hopefully we can stay away from that. I am accepting the UI for what it is, just trying to see if anything out there that might help someone not familiar with all the options. I know there is a help screen within the game, but more looking for something that says you should consider certain things and kind of in a certain order, if it matters.

Thanks.

This may come across as snarky. But I am no way trying to be. There really isn't a need for a checklist of items you may or may not want to do. There is however an index with most of the cverse promotions if you are having troubles or looking for ideas. This index is pinned at the top. Other than that there is a place to post questions in the small question topic. Or even the gameplay topic. Again not trying to be smarky or anything. That being said ask your questions there and happy gaming.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Coop" data-cite="Coop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This may come across as snarky. But I am no way trying to be. There really isn't a need for a checklist of items you may or may not want to do. There is however an index with most of the cverse promotions if you are having troubles or looking for ideas. This index is pinned at the top. Other than that there is a place to post questions in the small question topic. Or even the gameplay topic. Again not trying to be smarky or anything. That being said ask your questions there and happy gaming.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> thanks, not looking for ideas on setting up the promotions and such, but more about what things i need to consider. contracts, setting up events, etc. what are the common things a player needs to consider each turn? don’t necessarily have a specific question so that is why was looking for checklist.</p><p> </p><p> i know it might seem easy for a long time player, but for a newbie, a lot to grasp. if it does not exist, not an issue....</p>

<p>And that's why I wanted you to know I wasn't trying to be smarky. Its a learning curve for sure. And no need to say your a new player. We all had to start somewhere.</p><p> </p><p>

if you click on Roster in your office section. Then contracts that should give you an idea on when your workers contracts are coming to an end. If its an ongoing contract, that is like the old Pay Per Appearance. As far as I know it will continue to be ongoing until you decline their raise request, somebody else signs him away from you like an exclusive deal or written.</p><p> </p><p>

Turns again would be roster, and you click a worker. Talk to worker, and their is a list of items you can discuss. If your thinking of turning ask them what they think and they will tell you if they like it or if its to soon to turn.</p><p> </p><p>

Events I would click the event button, and look at availability on a date you are thinking of doing. Hopefully this answers some of your questions.</p>

Question for newbie evaluating the game. Has anyone ever created a checklist or guide as to what you generally should do per turn so you don't miss something important? With all the screens and buttons kind of individual things vs some kind of workflow, not sure always what I should be doing every single turn.

This is not meant as a thread to discuss the UI and how it could be made better to make it clearer so hopefully we can stay away from that. I am accepting the UI for what it is, just trying to see if anything out there that might help someone not familiar with all the options. I know there is a help screen within the game, but more looking for something that says you should consider certain things and kind of in a certain order, if it matters.

Thanks.

Yeah, the game is overwhelming at first, so I get where you're coming from.

Here's what I do when I start a new save game, even after many years of playing TEW:

On the first day of the save game, I go to my office and click every single button there is and on the respective screens I check out everything there is to check out. If and when I find something that I feel needs to be taken care of, I'll either take care of it immediately or take a note to take care of it in the not-so-distant future.

For example, I might find out that my roster is heavily balanced towards babyfaces, I'll check what babyfaces I'm gonna turn to balance out the roster. Or I might find out that there aren't enough tag teams on the roster for a solid tag team division, so I'll look to either hire some more tag teams or try to find wrestlers who already are on my roster to make a team.

Once you've gone through all the screens you have gotten to know your promotion and have found out what to do and when to do it (if that makes sense).

My first day is always a lot of looking, reading and taking notes and it always takes a while before i advance a day. But by doing this, you save a lot of time in the future because you've organized yourself. And once you've done this, you can start enjoying your save game and you'll find it easier to know what to do each turn.

Hopefully, this can help you a little bit.

One thing that I think people miss, even though it's right there in front of them is the assistant.

For the most part, it'll let you know if anything truly big-time is happening - somebody contract running out, morale issues, a lack of wrestlers, a broadcast deal is running out, somebody needing a gimmick, a manager not having clients.

On the other hand, if that's largely clear, before a show, I usually bring up my roster, just in case I forgot to start a turn/re-name/re-gimmick/re-picture somebody, check my storylines if I know I needed to add/drop/edit something about them, and maybe check my backstage.

An important thing to remember is...not everything needs to be checked daily. The truth is, you don't need to check your Creative Meeting every show, unless you've done a big turn, signed somebody important, or if it's been a PPV cycle. Same thing w/ size - if anything, checking that every show will only make you more unhappy.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Belle, have you seen <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545617" rel="external nofollow">Foolinc's guide</a>? I think this may help.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had not seen this before, thanks...this is along the lines of what I was requesting so I'll give it a read!</p>

Is there a game handbook?

In game, there's a manual you can read by clicking the question mark at the top right corner of the screen. It will generally take you to the most relevant place for the screen you're on.