New Japan big problems

I can tell you it's definitely not because of their stats :p

HUHh8aV.png

This makes no sense man, even a New Beginning in Osaka Jo Hall Main Event 46000 people Okada vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight Title 34 minutes gets like a 68 still with technical masterclass, slow build notes.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes when I use it I need to try like 10 times before it works before always all screens from TEW disappear suddenly

Just put everything else away from the screen, so that TEW screen is the only thing showing. Then it will show only TEW.

One thing I would suggest considering, if 99 is the best match possible, absolutely perfect, Omega vs Okada, have you ever seen a young lion match that's 1/5 as good as that outside of a Young Lion's Cup? I would say that a 20 might be in line with the product and their skill level.

Consider that there's a lot of caps that are going to be placed young lions. Depending on your product, they aren't going to come near the match time to avoid the cap, their popularity is going to be really low, their skills are going to be very low, and their experience won't be hitting 20 to avoid the penalty there for a while.

After you run a match, check the road agent notes (or dirt sheet?) to see what the reasons for the penalties are. That should give you an idea of what the problems are. Keep in mind too that if you're main events are 99s you shouldn't have much to worry about with low grades from young lions! Just keep booking them like you are and have fun with it!

This makes no sense man, even a New Beginning in Osaka Jo Hall Main Event 46000 people Okada vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight Title 34 minutes gets like a 68 still with technical masterclass, slow build notes.

Technical masterclasses can bomb badly depending on placement on the card. Trying it with regular match aim, victor picked, open match, call in ring and slow build might be better. (I know some people swear by epic and/or spectacle, I've never figured out good times to use either!)

One thing I would suggest considering, if 99 is the best match possible, absolutely perfect, Omega vs Okada, have you ever seen a young lion match that's 1/5 as good as that outside of a Young Lion's Cup? I would say that a 20 might be in line with the product and their skill level.

Consider that there's a lot of caps that are going to be placed young lions. Depending on your product, they aren't going to come near the match time to avoid the cap, their popularity is going to be really low, their skills are going to be very low, and their experience won't be hitting 20 to avoid the penalty there for a while.

After you run a match, check the road agent notes (or dirt sheet?) to see what the reasons for the penalties are. That should give you an idea of what the problems are. Keep in mind too that if you're main events are 99s you shouldn't have much to worry about with low grades from young lions! Just keep booking them like you are and have fun with it!

Bro I got your point, but that's not my matches it's him showing the best matches from a simmed save or something showing that these dudes get 99s regularly but my dumbass only gets 73 at best even with the best workers in the ring like Okada/Ospreay vs. Naito/SANADA or something along these lines.

Sorry, didn't realize you weren't the one with the 99 main events. I would be careful with using match notes like technical masterclass, epic, steal the show, etc in main events. In my experience there's a high chance of them backfiring on you a lot unless you know how to perfectly manage a crowd throughout a show. I've found that it's best to just use a regular match aim combined with slow build, especially when you're still trying to learn the mechanics of the game.

Technical masterclasses can bomb badly depending on placement on the card. Trying it with regular match aim, victor picked, open match, call in ring and slow build might be better. (I know some people swear by epic and/or spectacle, I've never figured out good times to use either!)

Yes I've seen that as well I even tried to put videos in etc. but you can't emulate the New Japan booking it seems, the dynamics with the crowd seems to want you to do a WrestleMania like build with random unimportant matches between the bangers, but New Japan never does it like that.

Yes I've seen that as well I even tried to put videos in etc. but you can't emulate the New Japan booking it seems, the dynamics with the crowd seems to want you to do a WrestleMania like build with random unimportant matches between the bangers, but New Japan never does it like that.

It's pretty much impossible to simulate NJPW on TEW, especially with the new product system. From my testing I'm leaning strongly towards Classic Mainstream Puro not actually being all that good for them funnily enough so that might be playing a part as well. If I were you and I was looking to book accurately I'd just turn off a few of the preferences like crowd burnout, crowd management and overuse penalties because they're not implemented all that well.

As others have said, emulating NJPW exactly on TEW or any real world company will always be a hard task. I would try to fiddle with the product, place the young lions on pre shows or 6 man tags with vets more often, and not use the technical master class aims and such, see how regular does for you and also make sure you check the road agent notes

To the OP, go to the 2016 forum or search my post history for one of my several threads on MATCH AIMS.

If you want to play the game proper you have to learn how to manage the crowd from begining to end. This is quite complicated and further complicated by the new product system for 2020. If you want you can turn off CROWD MANAGEMENT in the settings and you won't have to worry about the pros and cons of MATCH AIMS.

To the OP, go to the 2016 forum or search my post history for one of my several threads on MATCH AIMS.

If you want to play the game proper you have to learn how to manage the crowd from begining to end. This is quite complicated and further complicated by the new product system for 2020. If you want you can turn off CROWD MANAGEMENT in the settings and you won't have to worry about the pros and cons of MATCH AIMS.

how am I supposed to find between 100s of posts?

What's your problem?

I don't think he was trying to be rude, just remarking that there's a pretty big learning curve to TEW games, especially with big companies.

Could I suggest running a game with a smaller company? I always felt like I got a better handle on the basics of the game when running small promotions where there's less of a risk of shows constantly losing popularity for you.

<p>I set up a new save and booked WK like whatever and while it's better it's still far away from these guys getting 99 everytime they work with each other in singles matches, I'll do another one I think and sim through and look what AI New Japan books for WK and New Beginning (especially these US shows I cancelled because even the big stars have trash overness in US which makes no sense to begin with, but is like this in the game and you don't have these US indy guys available they had there in rl). </p><p> </p><p>

Please look at the summary for the match order I don't know how to sort it correctly but it should be like this </p><p> </p><p>

Battle Royal</p><p>

IC</p><p>

Jr. Tag Titles</p><p>

LIJ vs. Makabe and FinJuice</p><p>

US title</p><p>

Suzuki-gun vs. CHAOS</p><p>

Jr. Title</p><p>

NEVER</p><p>

White vs. Jericho</p><p>

Tag Titles</p><p>

IWGP Title</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gockelinho" data-cite="Gockelinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I set up a new save and booked WK like whatever and while it's better it's still far away from these guys getting 99 everytime they work with each other in singles matches, I'll do another one I think and sim through and look what AI New Japan books for WK and New Beginning (especially these US shows I cancelled because even the big stars have trash overness in US which makes no sense to begin with, but is like this in the game and you don't have these US indy guys available they had there in rl). <p> </p><p> Please look at the summary for the match order I don't know how to sort it correctly but it should be like this </p><p> </p><p> Battle Royal</p><p> IC</p><p> Jr. Tag Titles</p><p> LIJ vs. Makabe and FinJuice</p><p> US title</p><p> Suzuki-gun vs. CHAOS</p><p> Jr. Title</p><p> NEVER</p><p> White vs. Jericho</p><p> Tag Titles</p><p> IWGP Title</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That seems pretty reasonable from my POV, irl and even in game expecting to get a MOTY candidate every show is pretty unreasonable, a 92 and such are still great scores and the game builds off improving your own booking/the skills of the workers in the mod overtime. You probaly won't be able to accurately represent NJPW's American tours because of the game, and really I wouldn't call the NJPW guys really crazy over here in America, the shows over here aren't drawing the same crowds they do in Japan, etc.</p><p> </p><p> I would check the mental skills of your road agents, since you do have a note about one of them not being able to put the match together, look at Wataru Inoue's mental stats since he seems to be the weak link Road Agent wise. The juniors probably could have gone longer and your six man tag with Yano and Gedo was longer than what the in game crowd expected, check their pushes and try to limit their time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gockelinho" data-cite="Gockelinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49694" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I set up a new save and booked WK like whatever and while it's better it's still far away from these guys getting 99 everytime they work with each other in singles matches, I'll do another one I think and sim through and look what AI New Japan books for WK and New Beginning (especially these US shows I cancelled because even the big stars have trash overness in US which makes no sense to begin with, but is like this in the game and you don't have these US indy guys available they had there in rl). <p> </p><p> Please look at the summary for the match order I don't know how to sort it correctly but it should be like this </p><p> </p><p> Battle Royal</p><p> IC</p><p> Jr. Tag Titles</p><p> LIJ vs. Makabe and FinJuice</p><p> US title</p><p> Suzuki-gun vs. CHAOS</p><p> Jr. Title</p><p> NEVER</p><p> White vs. Jericho</p><p> Tag Titles</p><p> IWGP Title</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT" rel="external nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're getting the hang of it, that was a damn good show. Stuff like the Jr Tag match is suffering right now because the product is on Classic Mainstream Puro which I think rates 60:40 at best on in-ring/popularity. Don't have the exact number because I'm not at my PC at the moment. I'm going to be testing out different products for them tomorrow, Fast And Furious might be a good option.</p><p> </p><p> Try not to take much notice of what the AI does, by the way. They are notorious cheats. Pretty sure they don't get the same penalties and momentum doesn't affect them.</p>

Just a note to any new players in the community who might be reading this, while the mod makers get themselves together and learn what does and does not work in TEW2020 I really recommend if you spend time playing the Cornellverse so you also have an understanding what does and does not work and an expectation of what should be taking place in your real world mods when you do play them.

Also, welcome!

You're getting the hang of it, that was a damn good show. Stuff like the Jr Tag match is suffering right now because the product is on Classic Mainstream Puro which I think rates 60:40 at best on in-ring/popularity. Don't have the exact number because I'm not at my PC at the moment. I'm going to be testing out different products for them tomorrow, Fast And Furious might be a good option.

Try not to take much notice of what the AI does, by the way. They are notorious cheats. Pretty sure they don't get the same penalties and momentum doesn't affect them.

Thank you for the disclaimer or I'd be mad now after seeing what they produced there, it's kinda unfortunate though, I thought it's the same as in Football Manager that AI and the player have pretty much the same conditions. They have Okada beats Naito as a 99 match and then as Semi Main Event Tanahashi beats Jericho as a 91 which I kinda find weird as the match against White for me was so bad because if I tried to make it longer than 15 minutes the guy would tell me Jericho can't go longer because of his stamina and got a penalty for that.

I set up a new save and booked WK like whatever and while it's better it's still far away from these guys getting 99 everytime they work with each other in singles matches, I'll do another one I think and sim through and look what AI New Japan books for WK and New Beginning (especially these US shows I cancelled because even the big stars have trash overness in US which makes no sense to begin with, but is like this in the game and you don't have these US indy guys available they had there in rl).

Please look at the summary for the match order I don't know how to sort it correctly but it should be like this

Battle Royal

IC

Jr. Tag Titles

LIJ vs. Makabe and FinJuice

US title

Suzuki-gun vs. CHAOS

Jr. Title

NEVER

White vs. Jericho

Tag Titles

IWGP Title

https://imgur.com/a/4mQBSXT

That looks like a pretty good score to me, well done!

Key thing is to remember that most of the matches aren't actually going to play in to your final grade, as Quest says above. I'd be interested to see what kind of score that show would get under a different product - I know the Fast and Furious one he mentioned he's thinking of changing it to is weighted up to 75:25 on in ring which would definitely help people like those in the three way tag, where everyone's got a best primary skill (brawling, puro, technical or aerial) which is significantly higher than their popularity.