A New Trust: Jan 1934 Real Life Mod FULL RELEASE

Feeling like the unrealistic moves of Buddy Rogers and Harley Race are killing the business? Then we got the MOD for you:

98204957_10158139434516278_1278311678949195776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=6a7U1vBdrqMAX9AsrhS&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=227fe17f95c2aa9b2921d651153c9e7d&oe=5EE64522

Real Life Mod

January 1934 Week 1

DATA PACK-updated 5/26/20 Full Popularity updated version 1.04

Picture Pack-updated 5/26/20 More pics added.

Retrofied Skin- A Few minor changes to the default skin that makes you feel like the internet wasn't invented yet.

Version 1.0 - 5/18/2020

Join the FB group and report any problems or suggestions. Set to January so you can use it with the trial version.

For more information check out the NEW TRUST WEBSITE.

<p>Love love love this! Been getting my 1934 game set up!! Absolutely love the web site!</p><p> </p><p>

I was waaaay excited about the retro skin, but unfortunately it has all those blurry lines separating the stats that the original UI had. Way too difficult to see and blinding.</p><p> </p><p>

Still love the mod though, just going to have to use a different skin.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for all of your hard work!!</p>

Unfortunately I cannot play the game. I started as Jim Crockett Promotions with Jim Crockett as owner. Made numerous negotiations to fill my roster. On third day of advancing game crashes every time at same point

The run time error is 3020 and says "update or cancel / update without add / new or edit"

It happens everytime while it is on the screen "Processing Decisions - Owners"

:0(

Unfortunately I cannot play the game. I started as Jim Crockett Promotions with Jim Crockett as owner. Made numerous negotiations to fill my roster. On third day of advancing game crashes every time at same point

The run time error is 3020 and says "update or cancel / update without add / new or edit"

It happens everytime while it is on the screen "Processing Decisions - Owners"

:0(

Ok. Haven't had this error come up. Let me run through with your same circumstances and see if it happens on my end.

So a quick browse shows you have 191 yet to debut workers which is great! Was wondering if you would consider working with other modders to make this the ultimate mod and make it able to run up until at least the 80s? I can think of Territory Daze would be the next best one to merge with.

EDIT

Seems the Booking Screen .gif is missing from the skin

So a quick browse shows you have 191 yet to debut workers which is great! Was wondering if you would consider working with other modders to make this the ultimate mod and make it able to run up until at least the 80s? I can think of Territory Daze would be the next best one to merge with.

EDIT

Seems the Booking Screen .gif is missing from the skin

The gif issue has been resolved---as I just simplified my skin to prevent issues.

I posted that link above. Just the default with a a few tweeks.

As for debuting--I've head that from a lot so people can play a long time. What we have now introduces people fully til 1937 --and then less after that. At that time there was a big fall in the industry. Then the early 40s was the war.

The closest time mod is Mammoth's 1970 Mod which is my favorite. But thats still a BIG GAP. I do have pipe dreams of making a birth of the NWA/rise of television in the late 40s mod. That would be a partial bridge...but a lot of work.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue. Send me any others--or post it on the facebook wall.

The gif issue has been resolved---as I just simplified my skin to prevent issues.

As for debuting--I've head that from a lot so people can play a long time. What we have now introduces people fully til 1937 --and then less after that. At that time there was a big fall in the industry. Then the early 40s was the war.

The closest time mod is Mammoth's 1970 Mod which is my favorite. But thats still a BIG GAP. I do have pipe dreams of making a birth of the NWA/rise of television in the late 40s mod. That would be a partial bridge...but a lot of work.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue. Send me any others--or post it on the facebook wall.

If you could somehow get this mod to the point where it can run a save from 1934 to 2020 I don't think I'll ever need another mod again.

If there's anything I can do to help make this happen please let me know. This is the dream mod!

Post the crash in the technical issues thread and send a zip of the data and save game to Adam. Just had to do this for an issue with the 2004 data.

Posted in Tech Support. Adam has already addressed it. He said the fix will be included in the 1.03 update in the next few days.

NOW THAT IS SERVICE MY FRIEND!! :0)

If you could somehow get this mod to the point where it can run a save from 1934 to 2020 I don't think I'll ever need another mod again.

If there's anything I can do to help make this happen please let me know. This is the dream mod!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I started with Jim Crockett Promotions in 1934!! I would love to be able to make it to the glorious 80's!!

I Know there is a 70's mod out there for TEW 2016. If we only had a good 50's and 60's mod, how great that would be!!

I am willing to help out in any way that I can. I have no idea where to begin, but willing to learn. :0)

<p>Awesome work! The presentation and attention to detail here is great. </p><p> </p><p>

After tooling around a bit, I do think you might want to have a look at worker popularity. A guy like Jim Londos is set to be 90 across America. From a historical standpoint, I don't think any wrestlers achieved that level of national notoriety during this time (this would be approaching 80s era Hogan popularity). I just don't feel it was possible to get there without TV. I'm no expert, though! Mechanically, having his pop set that high means he won't sign with any of the companies in the game. 80 US pop appears to be the cut-off for Small promotions. </p><p> </p><p>

Hope that doesn't come off as nitpicky. Great works; thanks for making it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MainOffender" data-cite="MainOffender" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49771" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Awesome work! The presentation and attention to detail here is great. <p> </p><p> After tooling around a bit, I do think you might want to have a look at worker popularity. A guy like Jim Londos is set to be 90 across America. From a historical standpoint, I don't think any wrestlers achieved that level of national notoriety during this time (this would be approaching 80s era Hogan popularity). I just don't feel it was possible to get there without TV. I'm no expert, though! Mechanically, having his pop set that high means he won't sign with any of the companies in the game. 80 US pop appears to be the cut-off for Small promotions. </p><p> </p><p> Hope that doesn't come off as nitpicky. Great works; thanks for making it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nah I think you have a point.</p><p> </p><p> In the 80's Hogan and the like were a part of pop culture. Same with WWF and WCW in the late 90's.</p><p> </p><p> Nobody in the early century considered wrestling as part of the same culture.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tomato Can" data-cite="Tomato Can" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49771" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unfortunately I cannot play the game. I started as Jim Crockett Promotions with Jim Crockett as owner. Made numerous negotiations to fill my roster. On third day of advancing game crashes every time at same point<p> </p><p> The run time error is 3020 and says "update or cancel / update without add / new or edit"</p><p> </p><p> It happens everytime while it is on the screen "Processing Decisions - Owners"</p><p> </p><p> :0(</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey! I used to get that error when I was testing too. Are you using the 1.02 patch? I stopped getting the error when I got up to date. You can find the patch <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547178" rel="external nofollow">here</a>.</p><p> </p><p> Nm! Just saw you got this fixed.</p>

<p>"Old Bucks's, there killing the business!"</p><p> </p><p>

After spending a little time looking around this thing I have to say it's really fantastic, you can tell a lot of love has gone into this and I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds over time, currently I'm simming a few years deep to see how things play out but I love the idea of starting JCP from the beginning or taking on Toots Mondt and his crew, I would love to see Japan Pro Wrestling Alliance won't be around for another 20 years after this mod starts as that's an era I would love to play in but I'm glad to be able to take on the WW2 era wrestling scene, thanks for doing this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rick Savant" data-cite="Rick Savant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49771" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey! I used to get that error when I was testing too. Are you using the 1.02 patch? I stopped getting the error when I got up to date. You can find the patch <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547178" rel="external nofollow">here</a>.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam checked it and fixed it. The fix should be in the next patch 1.03</p><p> </p><p> I do have 1.02</p><p> </p><p> :0)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tomato Can" data-cite="Tomato Can" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49771" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I started with Jim Crockett Promotions in 1934!! I would love to be able to make it to the glorious 80's!!<p> </p><p> <strong>I Know there is a 70's mod</strong> out there for TEW 2016. If we only had a good 50's and 60's mod, how great that would be!!</p><p> </p><p> I am willing to help out in any way that I can. I have no idea where to begin, but willing to learn. :0)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Surely that's all we need? The workers debuting in the 30's should theoretically carry you through to the 50's, which is when some of the 70's mods workers should start debuting.</p><p> </p><p> I might be completely wrong. But yeah, if OP wants to look into doing this I'd be delighted to lend a hand.</p>

Nah I think you have a point.

In the 80's Hogan and the like were a part of pop culture. Same with WWF and WCW in the late 90's.

Nobody in the early century considered wrestling as part of the same culture.

I know that this subject has been debated quite a bit, but I believe it was close to equivalent between 30s and 80s/late 90s. Though tv wasn't around and wrestling wasn't great on the radio-all the big stars were house hold names. Every local newspaper would detail the big matches across the countries and big matches were even shown before movies.

Londos himself drew more fans than Hogan consistently and over a longer period. How it can be compared to different times is where it's hard to compare facts. Londos has a larger average gate (with inflation) but PPV didn't exist so how do you compare?

Anyways,

Just my opinion. But most importantly, hoped you enjoy the game. All suggestion/ideas are welcome.

Awesome work! The presentation and attention to detail here is great.

After tooling around a bit, I do think you might want to have a look at worker popularity. A guy like Jim Londos is set to be 90 across America. From a historical standpoint, I don't think any wrestlers achieved that level of national notoriety during this time (this would be approaching 80s era Hogan popularity). I just don't feel it was possible to get there without TV. I'm no expert, though! Mechanically, having his pop set that high means he won't sign with any of the companies in the game. 80 US pop appears to be the cut-off for Small promotions.

Hope that doesn't come off as nitpicky. Great works; thanks for making it.

Hey! You and I are on the same page here (I'm helping Biz with the Mod). I'm plucking away at an update that will more regionalize the popularity of the workers. That should make things more realistic and add a greater diversity to game play, since it won't be beneficial to hire the exact same workers regardless of where you start. Bugs, and company balances take priority, but it is coming! It's also slow going because I'm combing through each wrestler's history to see where they were active and where they weren't, and that takes time.

A couple things to keep in mind however, is that Londos will still, likely, be universally popular throughout America when this update comes out (with possible exceptions for PR and HI). The reason for this is wrestling was covered in all the major papers, talked about in the sports section of radio news broadcasts, and footage of the biggest bouts were shown before films on a national basis. In those papers, broadcasts and pre-film clips, Londos was always a major feature. What happened in the East dominated the conversation at that (and seemingly all) time(s), and Londos wasn't just the most famous wrestler in New York, he was the most famous wrestler in New York coming off of a triumphant return after pretty high profile split - during which he had gone on a national tour of his own. This made him the most famous wrestler in America at the absolute peak of his interest to dinner parties.

In 1933 alone, he personally traveled to every territory in America (save two, NW/NE) [Edit, and he was in New England in '32] as well Ontario and Quebec. This doesn't mean that he didn't perform in the North West or New England, it just means I can't find a record of it, and again I remind you that's only the immediately prior year. At this stage of the game, Jim Londos didn't come to your town unless he was sure he was going to be drawing a big, big crowd.

With all that said, I agree there should be some variance in his popularity, but think spillover numbers would vastly understate his appeal. From a modding perspective, the question becomes, did Jim Londos not travel to the pacific north west because if he had he wouldn't have been able to draw enough of crowd to warrant it? Or was it the usual reason people don't come here, which is that it is the forest, and people don't want to go out of their way to be in a forest. This is where things become more art than science. I feel pretty confident that if Londos had traveled to PNW, his notoriety would have preceded him, and he would have drawn a pretty impressive gate.

Other things to remember are that the older legends, (I just did Stecher last night so he's on my mind) also would have been talked about on the radio, written about in the papers, and shown before the movies and talkies for twenty years prior. The Rolling Stones are not talked about weekly on national TV, but they still sell out every concert they hold (in non-apocalyptic times) because they have been exposed for decades prior and, comparably, constantly tour. Joe Stecher travelled to every single territory in America (except PR) over the previous decade. There's just no way to perceive him as anything but a national star.

But these exceptions apply to Londos, Stecher, Lewis... and maybe Steinke, DeGlane and Browning, I haven't looked yet, but essentially nobody else, although there were journeymen who maintained a level of popularity all across the US, but that's at a lower level.

Nah I think you have a point.

In the 80's Hogan and the like were a part of pop culture. Same with WWF and WCW in the late 90's.

Nobody in the early century considered wrestling as part of the same culture.

According to Meltzer, Jim Londos was a bigger draw than Hulk Hogan ever was. His assessment is based on conversations with historians, and actual gates.

https://en.superluchas.com/meltzer-los-tres-luchadores-mas-influyentes-de-los-ultimos-25-anos/

etc

Although the ambiguities that result in comparing time periods, that Biz refers to, obviously exist.

Hey! You and I are on the same page here (I'm helping Biz with the Mod). I'm plucking away at an update that will more regionalize the popularity of the workers. That should make things more realistic and add a greater diversity to game play, since it won't be beneficial to hire the exact same workers regardless of where you start. Bugs, and company balances take priority, but it is coming! It's also slow going because I'm combing through each wrestler's history to see where they were active and where they weren't, and that takes time.

A couple things to keep in mind however, is that Londos will still, likely, be universally popular throughout America when this update comes out (with possible exceptions for PR and HI). The reason for this is wrestling was covered in all the major papers, talked about in the sports section of radio news broadcasts, and footage of the biggest bouts were shown before films on a national basis. In those papers, broadcasts and pre-film clips, Londos was always a major feature. What happened in the East dominated the conversation at that (and seemingly all) time(s), and Londos wasn't just the most famous wrestler in New York, he was the most famous wrestler in New York coming off of a triumphant return after pretty high profile split - during which he had gone on a national tour of his own. This made him the most famous wrestler in America at the absolute peak of his interest to dinner parties.

In 1933 alone, he personally travelled to every territory in America (save two, NW/NE) as well Ontario and Quebec. This doesn't mean that he didn't perform in the North West or New England, it just means I can't find a record of it, and again I remind you that's only the immediately prior year. At this stage of the game, Jim Londos didn't come to your town unless he was sure he was going to be drawing a big, big crowd.

With all that said, I agree there should be some variance in his popularity, but think spillover numbers would vastly understate his appeal. From a modding perspective, the question becomes, did Jim Londos not travel to the pacific north west because if he had he wouldn't have been able to draw enough of crowd to warrant it? Or was it the usual reason people don't come here, which is that it is the forest, and people don't want to go out of their way to be in a forest. This is where things become more art than science. I feel pretty confident that if Londos had traveled to PNW, his notoriety would have preceded him, and he would have drawn a pretty impressive gate.

Other things to remember are that the older legends, (I just did Stecher last night so he's on my mind) also would have been talked about on the radio, written about in the papers, and shown before the movies and talkies for twenty years prior. The Rolling Stones are not talked about weekly on national TV, but they still sell out every concert they hold (in non-apocalyptic times) because they have been exposed for decades prior and, comparably, constantly tour. Joe Stecher travelled to every single territory in America (except PR) over the previous decade. There's just no way to perceive him as anything but a national star.

But these exceptions apply to Londos, Stecher, Lewis... and maybe Steinke, DeGlane and Browning, I haven't looked yet, but essentially nobody else, although there were journeymen who maintained a level of popularity all across the US, but that's at a lower level.

According to Meltzer, Jim Londos was a bigger draw than Hulk Hogan ever was. His assessment is based on conversations with historians, and actual gates.

https://en.superluchas.com/meltzer-los-tres-luchadores-mas-influyentes-de-los-ultimos-25-anos/

etc

Although the ambiguities that result in comparing time periods, that Biz refers to, obviously exist.

Wow! Thanks for the awesome response. I love learning about this stuff. (Part of the reason I enjoy mods like this and Mammoth's 1970 one is because they send me down internet rabbit holes.) I was about to post about regionalizing popularity, so I'm glad that's something you guys are looking at. I don't doubt that Londos was extremely popular, but I do think you have to keep the game mechanics in mind so that Small promotions can actually sign him. Balancing something like this is a really difficult task, especially considering the game's limitations.

One more suggestion: I'd be careful with how you guys deploy the Movie Star trait. At least in TEW16, this could lead to some huge popularity boosts and should really be reserved for characters who are literally stars -- ie, leading men/women. Pretty soon you'll see a guy like Arthur De Kuh as one of the most popular workers in America. A guy like King Kong Kashey who did uncredited work as shirtless monsters in a handful of movies really shouldn't be getting broad boosts like that.

I'm also curious about the decision to go with Classic Balanced for Product vs something like Catch Wrestling. Feels too early to have these companies be running angles.

Anyway, just some random feedback as I mess around with this beauty. Hope it helps!

I don't doubt that Londos was extremely popular, but I do think you have to keep the game mechanics in mind so that Small promotions can actually sign him. Balancing something like this is a really difficult task, especially considering the game's limitations.

You and me, we're on the same page! But so far Small promotions being unable to afford him aren't the problem. In my long term sims, you end up with a bunch of small promotions with between 5 to 50 mil in the bank sitting pretty, and Londos has constant work.

From a human player perspective, you would only ever be bringing in Londos for a one shot, unless you're a big time company.

Like you alluded to, it's impossible to exactly simulate reality, so one has to make choices. There's only one 90+ pop wrestler in the game atm, and he's the biggest draw in wrestling history, so I'd need a real collapse in long term sims in terms of his sitting around unemployed for long periods, or bankrupting every fed he worked for, in order to nerf him.

One more suggestion: I'd be careful with how you guys deploy the Movie Star trait. At least in TEW16, this could lead to some huge popularity boosts and should really be reserved for characters who are literally stars -- ie, leading men/women. Pretty soon you'll see a guy like Arthur De Kuh as one of the most popular workers in America. A guy like King Kong Kashey who did uncredited work as shirtless monsters in a handful of movies really shouldn't be getting broad boosts like that.

This is real. I'm not totally sure how OP the movie star trait is yet, I'm doing a ten year sim every night, and I'm watching for how the pops play out. The issue is, again, you do want your Abe Kashey's to be unavailable for periods of time while they go film a movie. And you do want that exposure to translate into some level of a pop boost, keeping in mind that TV didn't exist, so being in a film did expose you to more people, and any competent promoter would tie him to the film when pushing his next match. It's just a question of how much pop is gained and where you draw the line. This is definitely being watched.

I'm also curious about the decision to go with Classic Balanced for Product vs something like Catch Wrestling. Feels too early to have these companies be running angles.

Anyway, just some random feedback as I mess around with this beauty. Hope it helps!

I completely agree. I would like to see a greater diversity of products as well. Catch, Golden Age, Pseudo Sport, Silver Age, and Wrestling As Sport all probably have a place.

Keep in mind the dominant style in America is Toots' "Slam Bang Western", which doesn't have an exact replica in the prescribed products, and is the bridge between Catch and Silver Age.

Products will definitely be looked at!

You and me, we're on the same page! But so far Small promotions being unable to afford him aren't the problem. In my long term sims, you end up with a bunch of small promotions with between 5 to 50 mil in the bank sitting pretty, and Londos has constant work.

Awesome! Just to clarify one thing -- it's not a matter of being unable to afford Londos. It's that Small promotions literally can't sign anyone that's over 80 in pop. The user will get a message that the worker feels the company is too small for them or, in the case of Londos, that he's outgrown the company. As most of his deals are set as Ongoing, this might have minimal impact for him. But there are other guys with high pop that might also be affected by this. (There might also be a timer built into the game where people are less picky the longer they're unemployed.)

Anyway, good stuff! And let me know if you need any help running tests! I can pretty much keep TEW going in the background all day (AND DO).

Man, if you guys ever plan to do that 40s Mod, I would love to help! There is nothing more that I want than a Ultimate 1934-2020 Mod so I would do anything I can to help fill the gaps!

Ok I have to ask. Template Matchmaker good and Template Matchmaker acsended? They show up as unemployed workers. Bio's bizzare on both. Actually there are several template workers in this database. By design?