1996: Monday Night War - HYPE

August 1996: Monday Night War

YWoQwCT.png

On June 23, 1996 Austin's victory speech after winning the 1996 King of the Ring tournament gave rise to the "Austin 3:16" tag line, which would go on to become one of the most popular catchphrases in the history of professional wrestling and the event has been cited by WWE as the starting point of the Attitude Era.

Two weeks later....

Bash at the Beach; Hulk Hogan made his way down to the ring as Nash and Hall fled to the outside. In a surprise move, the longtime fan favorite Hogan then performed two Atomic Legdrops to Savage, revealing himself to be Hall and Nash's partner as The Outsiders returned to the ring to celebrate their new alliance as the stunned crowd looked on. The audience then began to throw trash into the ring. Gene Okerlund entered the ring and asked Hogan why he had turned his back on the fans and how he could align himself with Hall and Nash. Hogan claimed that the three of them were "the future of wrestling" and dubs the new group as "the new world order of wrestling, brother."

Three weeks later....

The rest is up to you!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is perfect for me. Hogan, Hall, and Nash. Now what? So many ways you can go with WCW.

Also, I love KTB, so if it's anything like that, it'll be great!

Identical setup in terms of skills, popularity and mod size.

Glad you like KTB, lets hope you like MNW just as much.

I too have been surprised that August 1996 hasn't been covered in the modding world yet because of everything that you can do by that point. Do you give Vader the WWF Title at SummerSlam and try to pacify HBK with some time off? Do you keep the nWo at a reasonable amount of members, and do you add any WCW guys? Maybe just 1 for the turncoat trope?

IIRC, didn't you (gazwefc83) work on the 1989 No Holds Barred mod, way back on, I want to say TEW 2010? If this turns out even half as good as that mod, it'll be a great addition to the choice of mods for TEW 2020.

I too have been surprised that August 1996 hasn't been covered in the modding world yet because of everything that you can do by that point. Do you give Vader the WWF Title at SummerSlam and try to pacify HBK with some time off? Do you keep the nWo at a reasonable amount of members, and do you add any WCW guys? Maybe just 1 for the turncoat trope?

IIRC, didn't you (gazwefc83) work on the 1989 No Holds Barred mod, way back on, I want to say TEW 2010? If this turns out even half as good as that mod, it'll be a great addition to the choice of mods for TEW 2020.

Yeah, that was me, i was very green in terms of my knowledge of TEW back then but the mod kept me entertained :p

this has me very excited. Will this use the MSP or NGO pick pack? or at least be compatible?

Not sure what to do pic pack wise just yet (I would really like to avoid cutting another 2000+ pics). Im open to suggestions. My only issue with NGO is i like consistency in picture size and placement.

I know the Mod Squad sanctioned a 1996 Dawn of Attitude Mod, but it had no pic pack and just felt incomplete, but if you can put as much love and attention to detail into this era of wrestling, you can count me in.

One thing about your intro above: I think you meant to type Bash at the Beach ;)