Compared to TEW 2016, I'm really struggling with wrestler development.

My development league is showing little to no improvements, whilst my existing roster is losing point after point of key skills, despite appearing on shows every week.

Have the underlying mechanics changed?

I sure as hell hope this was thought about. Pretty obvious next thing to think about after adjusting the rate of skill increase.

I'm a bit nervous after the finances were such a mess.

Has anyone with a long-term watcher game made observations about skill development and decline?

I did a 3 year watcher and something that stood out was David Stone barely gaining top row skills at all despite being labeled a prodigy and in his early 20s. This was while wrestling 100+ times in one of the years as well.

I found that to be ridiculously unlucky for him. It could have been a bigger problem than I thought

I'm a bit nervous after the finances were such a mess.

Has anyone with a long-term watcher game made observations about skill development and decline?

At this point I have zero trust in the game mechanics to work like they are supposed to. I'm amazed by the amount of problems that have come up for a lot of users that should've certainly been sorted out during testing. I'm probably not gonna buy the game for weeks or months even because I don't want my saves being ruined by stuff like this.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sons of Kohral" data-cite="Sons of Kohral" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49886" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is anecdotal, but playing NYCW and two years in, I have people gaining stats. Losing stats in mid 30's could be due to lifestyle factors or poor destiny rolls that lead to "decline" early.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's actually a relevant piece of information. Thanks for sharing!</p>

My view of it (which isn't comprehensive, but I do have sim games up to 2024) is physicals and "fundamental skills" (basics, selling, safety, consistency) improve a lot. But there should be more movement with psych, more with "top row" (brawling, aerial etc) out past the very low end, and definitely more with entertainment skills. But the way destiny rolls work, it's completely random, so the system isn't necessarily broken just because you notice a few superprospects haven't gained.

If you can afford it then creating a Performance Center and assigning young workers there increases their stats. Maxed out facility allows for 14 workers to be assigned there. Plus the can still work on regular roster or developmental at the same time. It is expensive to create the facility though.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49886" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you have Fog of war on? If the range is lowering it could just be zeroing in on the real value.<p> </p><p> Also keep in mind you should check the editor for details. Many times they might be increasing slowly but surely in the decimals.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just a heads-up that the editor no longer shows decimals!</p><p> </p><p> I've done a two and a half year sim watcher sim and looked at stat changes; I don't think there's anything much to be worried about - although selling is slower at increasing than I'd have expected.</p><p> </p><p> If people want to take a look at how things turned out then, I've copied information from MDB files in Jan 2020 and Jul 2022 to a Google Sheet and used formulae to show changes over that period of time. It's view only but I think people should be able to cut and paste across, or save a copy, if they want to play about with it?</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qwsHR5jNmg0AD9a9ZjUInfCrS2PThew08d4As0mAc_o/edit?usp=sharing" rel="external nofollow">Here</a> it is.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49886" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a heads-up that the editor no longer shows decimals!<p> </p><p> I've done a two and a half year sim watcher sim and looked at stat changes; I don't think there's anything much to be worried about - although selling is slower at increasing than I'd have expected.</p><p> </p><p> If people want to take a look at how things turned out then, I've copied information from MDB files in Jan 2020 and Jul 2022 to a Google Sheet and used formulae to show changes over that period of time. It's view only but I think people should be able to cut and paste across, or save a copy, if they want to play about with it?</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qwsHR5jNmg0AD9a9ZjUInfCrS2PThew08d4As0mAc_o/edit?usp=sharing" rel="external nofollow">Here</a> it is.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks; that's really helpful.</p><p> </p><p> I was a bit worried about some who hadn't progressed as I'd expected, but given their experience value hasn't increased much I can put it down to lack of use.</p><p> </p><p> It's interesting that aerial and technical seem to go up a lot more than brawling.</p><p> </p><p> A lot of people seem to be becoming muscular; 'roids might be in fashion!</p><p> </p><p> I'd seen some complaints that Ent skills weren't going up, but I see some in double-figures.</p><p> </p><p> All up it looks like a reasonably solid mix.</p><p> </p><p> I’m curious, though - do workers at AI companies progress in the same way as those at human-controlled companies? We know that the AI isn’t beholden to the same booking rules, so I wonder if worker progression is streamlined as well.</p>

<p>I had a weird thing happen with stat progression as well. I brought in Acid and Acid II (his protege) into WLW and within the first 2 months I got the “Acid was passing along his knowledge of psychology to Acid II” or whatever the message is 6 times before shows. I took a peek into the editor to see how much of a gain this was and it turned out to be.... 0. </p><p> </p><p>

Granted this is only over 2 months, but I remember in 2016 I would see immediate multi-point increases in whatever skill was passed on. Idk maybe this has been discussed before, or was just a one off issue I’m not too sure yet.</p>