[BETA RELEASE] T-Zone presents January 1997 - The War Rages On

<p>I contemplated adding the European title as it launched in February..it would not be the end of the world if the ai made the first champ a month early. </p><p> </p><p>

Nobody will ever truly know whether owen would have left the business at that time.. main reason I have given n him witb was selfishly due to his real life untimely death i want him in my game for as long as possible right the way down to being an agent or colour guy etc</p>

I contemplated adding the European title as it launched in February..it would not be the end of the world if the ai made the first champ a month early.

Nobody will ever truly know whether owen would have left the business at that time.. main reason I have given n him witb was selfishly due to his real life untimely death i want him in my game for as long as possible right the way down to being an agent or colour guy etc

Your could put it as retired so the player has the choice to activate the title if they wish same with the light heavyweight championship im sure that started in 1997 aswell. I dont think the AI re activates retired titles?

that fair enough cant argue with that

I am struggling with WWF. My top angles do well with HBK/Bret/Austin/Taker but my matches struggle and my undercard is not good. I changed my focus to put a higher importance on my best match and best angle but Im still stuck at getting 70-75 show and event ratings. Any suggestions? Is everyone else in the same range?

I am struggling with WWF. My top angles do well with HBK/Bret/Austin/Taker but my matches struggle and my undercard is not good. I changed my focus to put a higher importance on my best match and best angle but Im still stuck at getting 70-75 show and event ratings. Any suggestions? Is everyone else in the same range?

https://i.imgur.com/mVKxEkr.png

Those are my show ratings. Angle focus tight and match focus on Main Event. The trick is to have one really hot angle and one really good Main Event but make sure you also have one good angle and another good match on the card.

WWF's mid card is not the best around this time period, so I focussed my first few months around the top guys and top stories. The mid card angles took part in short segments and short matches just to fill out the show and hopefully gain some pop along the way.

With Rumble - Mania being an important time it made sense to put all my eggs in the main event basket until Mania is over. Then you can focus on the mid to under card, and the tag division.

As WWF was in the midst of a rebuild around this time and losing weekly to WCW, the fact that WWF is losing is a good sign that the mod has been made well.

https://i.imgur.com/mVKxEkr.png

Those are my show ratings. Angle focus tight and match focus on Main Event. The trick is to have one really hot angle and one really good Main Event but make sure you also have one good angle and another good match on the card.

WWF's mid card is not the best around this time period, so I focussed my first few months around the top guys and top stories. The mid card angles took part in short segments and short matches just to fill out the show and hopefully gain some pop along the way.

With Rumble - Mania being an important time it made sense to put all my eggs in the main event basket until Mania is over. Then you can focus on the mid to under card, and the tag division.

What was your Mania card? Mine got a 75!

I keep reminding myself that WWF hasn’t turned the corner yet in real life so my struggles are reflective of that, but I’d love to get a 90!!!

What was your Mania card? Mine got a 75!

I keep reminding myself that WWF hasn’t turned the corner yet in real life so my struggles are reflective of that, but I’d love to get a 90!!!

https://i.imgur.com/LhMTJwG.png

The first Austin/Bret match was meant to be a double pinfall but I think I added Austin as the winner, either way worked out story wise.

As you can see the card basically involved mostly major stars - well knowns, as I play into the mindset of not everyone needs to be on a big PPV unless involved in a hot angle. Rocky going over Sid first was to try push Rocky while the tag title match was just a buffer between hot matches.

Considering HBK went down 2 weeks before this, turned out great

<p>Some ECW notes</p><p> </p><p>

Buh Buh Ray & Spike active formed 9/96</p><p>

Balls & Axl inactive not formed until 9/97</p><p>

Bubba and D-Von formed 4/96 inactive</p><p>

rvd & sabu formed 10/96 active</p><p>

axl & d-von active formed 12/96</p><p>

Release El Puerto Ricano last appeared 8/96 returned late 97</p><p>

release devon storm left 12/96</p><p>

release jt smith left 11/96 returns 4/97</p><p>

add bwo teams?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SilkySlimer" data-cite="SilkySlimer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="https://i.imgur.com/LhMTJwG.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/LhMTJwG.png</a><p> </p><p> The first Austin/Bret match was meant to be a double pinfall but I think I added Austin as the winner, either way worked out story wise.</p><p> </p><p> As you can see the card basically involved mostly major stars - well knowns, as I play into the mindset of not everyone needs to be on a big PPV unless involved in a hot angle. Rocky going over Sid first was to try push Rocky while the tag title match was just a buffer between hot matches.</p><p> </p><p> Considering HBK went down 2 weeks before this, turned out great</p></div></blockquote><p> That’s a good Mania, that’s a REALLY good Mania. Nice work</p>

Just one little thing I noticed was that Jeff and Matt Hardy are both in the WWF when they didn't join until the following year, not to mention they should have OMEGA and be wrestling there, also Air Paris is wrestling when he didn't debut until 1999. Seeing great things with this mod though keep up the good work :)

Hardys had been wrestling for the WWF on pay per appearances deals since 94/95 and been extras/jobbers on numerous shows. They didn't sign proper deals till 98 though.

I remember in TEW'16 a few of the mods had OMEGA in the database and Matt was the owner/booker and you couldn't sign him to a proper deal untill OMEGA wen't bust or you bought them out. This way Hardus are free to be signed and pushed from the get go.

Thanks for all the feedback so far it means a lot..omega is not active for the reason already mentioned as it would tie up matt Hardy as an owner.

Air Paris debuted in 1996 under the name kid ego before taking a hiatus so maybe I could put him on hiatus but he certainly debuted in 96 not 99.

The hardys were both regular jobbers for wwf around that time with Jeff working 7 tapings in 1997 and matt 8. With both working some in 96 too. With such a thin roster they are there also to be jobbers on the likes or superstars where taling numerous shows is tiring.

Great to hear about peoples struggles with wwf at the time as they have a great under card that has not yet really broken out so the early part will be a challenge against the wcw juggernaut

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49922" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some ECW notes<p> </p><p> Buh Buh Ray & Spike active formed 9/96</p><p> Balls & Axl inactive not formed until 9/97</p><p> Bubba and D-Von formed 4/96 inactive</p><p> rvd & sabu formed 10/96 active</p><p> axl & d-von active formed 12/96</p><p> Release El Puerto Ricano last appeared 8/96 returned late 97</p><p> release devon storm left 12/96</p><p> release jt smith left 11/96 returns 4/97</p><p> add bwo teams?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I will take a look at those, only note to make is JT Smith is not on the ECW roster at the mod start. He is unemployed</p>

Enjoyed my first gameplay with this mod. My favorite thing about it are the stats, for sure. I feel they're very accurate and not overblown, or underrated for that matter. Also, I always appreciate when storylines are already started at the beginning of the mod. You weren't lying when you said this mod is fully playable.

A few minor things I've noticed so far with WWF roster is I'd probably add Highly Moral to Bret Hart's personality as he was known to openly criticize the product headed in a riskier direction, but this is easily fixable in the in-game editor. J.C. Ice and Wolfie D don't have assigned roles in the company even though they have "wrestler" checked in their profile/editor screen, not sure what that's about. I'll keep an eye out for anything more.

Enjoyed my first gameplay with this mod. My favorite thing about it are the stats, for sure. I feel they're very accurate and not overblown, or underrated for that matter. Also, I always appreciate when storylines are already started at the beginning of the mod. You weren't lying when you said this mod is fully playable.

A few minor things I've noticed so far with WWF roster is I'd probably add Highly Moral to Bret Hart's personality as he was known to openly criticize the product headed in a riskier direction, but this is easily fixable in the in-game editor. J.C. Ice and Wolfie D don't have assigned roles in the company even though they have "wrestler" checked in their profile/editor screen, not sure what that's about. I'll keep an eye out for anything more.

Thanks for the feedback. glad you are enjoying it.

- I will take a look at adding that to Bret.

- PG-13 is like that by design as at the time they never wrestled for teh company, they specifically were just "hangers on" to the NOD.

Just a word on where we are and what is planned(work has slowed somewhat due to real life work):

-Got PWI500 ranking for 1996 in for workers already in, there are some people not enough info to add on but a number of indy guys that are in there that are on my list to add now.

- Possibility of adding/activating further promotions based on research of the time period(PWX,NCW,CWF (Canada),IPWA,World Class REvival, ECCW all under consideration)

- Further on I have a list of every future worker that needs adding to basically make everyone who appeared on major PPV from WWF,ECW,WCW to this day.

- Open to suggestions on future workers in regards to elsewhere in the world.

I moved Raw to a two hour show and I decided to hire a bunch of the top tier lucha libre/high fliers that were available in hopes of starting my own division. I decided to make a tournament for the newly created division with the title as the prize for the winner. However I dont really like the term Light Heavyweight for the title. Any thoughts? I was thinking WWF Juniors? I want to avoid Cruiser weight.

I moved Raw to a two hour show and I decided to hire a bunch of the top tier lucha libre/high fliers that were available in hopes of starting my own division. I decided to make a tournament for the newly created division with the title as the prize for the winner. However I dont really like the term Light Heavyweight for the title. Any thoughts? I was thinking WWF Juniors? I want to avoid Cruiser weight.

In my mind, Junior is more of a Japenese thing when it comes to titles. See NJPW Best of the Super Junior as an example.

Other than Light Heavyweight, Flyweight would be a good options. Boxing has used that and it would fit in with a more high flying, risk taking, daredevil style. Purely because of what the word 'fly' implies. There's other boxing weight classes but flyweight sounds good and I'd go that route myself if my knowledge of Mid to late 90's lucha talent was high enough.

Another option which might sound a bit campy would be the 'Super Astros' title. WWF trialled a show called Super Astros mainly for the spanish market and did feature many Mexian and Japanese stars mixed with lower card WWF talent. Super Astros bascially means Superstars but it sounds more exciting. WWF Super Astros Championship does sound decent off the tongue, I'd imagine more so said in an authentic spanish accent.

I guess it dpends if you want to keep it sounding legit, or more sports entertain-y

I like the fly weight idea. I’ve also been trying to copy the “X - Division” idea in that I don’t want it to be based on weight necessarily but more of a certain style. I’ve been playing with a few different names in my head but haven’t got anything good yet.

A side note. In my game WCW seems to have gimmick matches every week, sometimes more than one. Lots of tables and steel cage matches. I figured I’d let you know since irl they didn’t really do that too often in 1997.

Sounds like you have got a great little game going there its good to read people enjoying the mod.

On the topic of the gimmick matches it seems a lot of companies run them especially cage matches..i think its more to do with the game mechanics or maybe some products need tweaking

I will take a look at those, only note to make is JT Smith is not on the ECW roster at the mod start. He is unemployed

I need to start an ECW game and rectify this. JT Smith was the boss at bumping. He made Curt Hennig and Shawn Michaels look like amateurs. I'm going to make JT Smith the hardcore legend he deserves to be :)