Board Effort Mod - AI Reboot

If it helps, feel free to exclude all of my old and current work so you can utilise more current renders by other creators who you have permission from.

Old work would be the opposite... new work is "I've finished that area but where can I fit that in."

Londonverse that you let me use when I thought I was almost finished for 2016 (or 2013?) were replaced but this game has a legit 800 alts so I'm still sorting and some may have slipped by... almost 5,000 renders

Back on the old work... I honestly have no clue what's yours except ones with Londonverse variants or the background you used in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Every character now has a render.

Fleshed out one dynasty 5 generations deep.

Assigned everyone in the dynasty a render even if they don't make the final cut just for immersion. It's basically Anoa'i family sized with Hart Family elements of other wrestlers marrying into the family while also using my own family as a loose framework for the age gaps. My family has age gaps so large between some siblings that it can mimic the "Roman Reigns wrestling with his first cousins children (the Usos)" without over saturation. I call it 2 generations per generation and if you have an aunt or uncle closer to your age than your parents then you know what I mean. ;)

The Zodiac stable is complete.

Once I finish implementing the Dynasty next up are 2 factions with post Apocalyptic vibes. One set in Australia with the obligatory Mad Max vibe and another set in probably Europe with Wastelands as a loose base with a more Kurgan (Highlander) type of leader.

When I first started playing TEW (2010 version) one thing I always came across was how good a character was but it was the render that would at times keep me from hiring someone. Obviously I'm not the only one or we wouldn't have 4 iterations of the rerender project. I'm trying to go for the opposite feel so I'm constantly updating outdated renders. ;)

I finally feel like there's enough here for a solid personal immersion and I'm ready to run tests. Considering a limited Alpha release for play testing. Anyone interested in helping me test the mod can drop their name.

And need a renderer that can do 6 specific masked renders. PM for details.

Update

Assigned everyone in the dynasty a render even if they don't make the final cut just for immersion. It's basically Anoa'i family sized with Hart Family elements of other wrestlers marrying into the family while also using my own family as a loose framework for the age gaps. My family has age gaps so large between some siblings that it can mimic the "Roman Reigns wrestling with his first cousins children (the Usos)" without over saturation. I call it 2 generations per generation and if you have an aunt or uncle closer to your age than your parents then you know what I mean. ;)

Honestly had no idea how long adding all this in was gonna take but definitely wasn't as quick as I envisioned. :p

Side effect: More in the future workers pool with the last created worker debuting over 30 years after the start date.

Update

Adding to this... direct descendants gen 1-5 are integrated with blood relationship ties. Just completed adding in spouses that married into gen 1-2 and all their relationship ties.

I was gonna try to start the alpha testing this weekend but suddenly having company over on Friday so today is dedicated to cleaning my house.

Gen 3 addition of spouses and relationship ties will start after they leave.

• 2 weeks later...

And now ready to start alpha testing by next weekend. Since next Sunday is my birthday I may have other plans for the weekend itself so wanna get this started by Friday evening (6pm EST) at the latest.

If interested drop a post here or pm me. Looking for at least 5 testers and already have 1 locked in and another I plan to ask personally.

Since current TEW design lets you use any character as an avatar I'm in the process of tagging all owners and bookers temporarily as user characters.

Spotlight: NACPW

This was the first company I created back in 2010 for the mod. At the time the U.S., Canada, Australia and the U.K. were mostly done with a basic outline of Mexico and 2 Russian based companies in Europe. I convinced the others that had been on the project up to 2 years before my involvement to allow me this one in the U.S. before fleshing out other areas I had ideas for. A few days ago I was thinking about the outline for the NACPW.

1 rock god superstar (rock god in this case is figurative and not literal), a younger national superstar, a handful of international stars without much U.S. exposure, several very talented unknown American wrestlers and two legends on the announce team with a younger fresher face. Threw in a few family members too.

That's the basic starting AEW set-up without the Khans... 10 years before. :p

Edited by hellshock70

• hellshock70 changed the title to Board Effort Mod - Alpha Testing
  • 1 month later...

First update in a while...

First test run I discovered most companies were seriously lacking in tag-teams. So that's been a process of going through 50+ companies and sort out viable teams. It was easy in my own creations but others I had to take time to sort through their set-up, read bios, etc. and then either create a team from their roster or create new wrestlers in pairs specifically for that company.

Some companies with just a singles title and a tag title wanted to add at least 1 more title. It was then I discovered that one of the original companies from 2 years before I joined the project never had titles.

Mismatched stables were another issue. Wrong alignments would get kicked out, maybe new members added, in some cases a stable would completely disband. Thinking a game suggestion would be that it turns members instead of disbanding or kicking them out. Suggest check boxes to tell the game to keep a stable from disbanding, to keep a member from leaving.

Also thinking a check box would be good on relationships too. Really not as big of an issue but you might not want a couple split up from a narrative standpoint.

• 1 year later...
  • hellshock70 changed the title to Board Effort Mod - AI Reboot

I realise that I'll come off like a jerk for saying this but going by the history of posts in this thread, is it really the board effort mod that's been in production for ages if you've now taken the step to replace the renders and other graphics (assuming that's what is meant by reboot in the title)? Why not just call it a day on the board effort part of the mod and just focus on the mod you're building?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

I realise that I'll come off like a jerk for saying this but going by the history of posts in this thread, is it really the board effort mod that's been in production for ages if you've now taken the step to replace the renders and other graphics (assuming that's what is meant by reboot in the title)? Why not just call it a day on the board effort part of the mod and just focus on the mod you're building?

The renders will now have a more uniform look and I've took steps to recreate some renders as they were intended... so BHK's Tricky Dick character still looks like Richard Nixon while the character of Death Metal no longer has Big Van Vader's Mastodon mask and just randomly assigned renders with no real connection now have their own unique look. And the original renders will still be included as alts.

Edited by hellshock70

Furthermore, rebooting is just the worker renders... logos, banners, belts, events, worker bios, company bios, etc. are still the same. It also has the side effect of some renders like those done by London and others "for this mod" will no longer have similar variants in other mods. Lavelluk's work is another example since he has permission to use some of the same renders I used to fill out this mod now those renders will no longer conflict and any of my work he may use in his will no longer conflict either. It's a dual fix just for Lavelluk.

6 hours ago, KingAj said:

Just want to say very excited for this, really like the AI renders. Any idea on a release date?

Right now I can say this year. I have 428 more workers to create to meet my minimum goal of 5,000. Renders are mostly made but I have to add a background and cut them. I can process 300 a day when real life and boredom doesn't interfere.

Currently I'm wrapping up a big drop for the AI thread. Also on a waiting list for the "Stylar.ai" which I'm thinking about using to convert some of the work that is/was harder to recreate/generate (250-500) on the other AI systems.

• 4 weeks later...