The match had very little drama or flow to it...

It's relative to the match quality.

The only other way of presenting it would be to say 'the match was penalised due to lack of psychology' (which is what it shows as in the dirt sheet).

The principle of the penalty makes perfect sense imo. The psychology did not reach the high standard required by the level of action they had, so there was a ding.

Just did some more testing and Hangman and Elgin went 22 minutes with no psych penalty on a regular match. Richochet and Sammy with the exact same 71/72 stats, couldn't get through a regular 16 minutes without a penalty for being unable to construct a flow. Ran the same event with same instructions three times. Same result every time.

So you need 80-90 psychology (like 1% of the universe) to get a high rated match and avoid the penalty?

Probably. In American football terms, the workers outkicked their coverage. They overachieved relative to their skill level. A good example is Richochet vs Will Ospreay in New Japan in 2017. As great as the match was, there were points where it looked like they were doing stuff just to do it, not to stick to the story being told. However, the in-ring chemistry they had would've more than made up for the ding. That match would've gotten dinged for lack of selling as well as the whole 'the match tended to drift a little' but it wouldn't have mattered because it was still a great match.

Just ran Darby (92) versus Fenix (81). Got a 76 rating with the only penalty being for a lack of psychology, despite both having a 73 psych rating. So I'm getting a 10 point swing on rating, for (actually not that) bad psychology.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdJames" data-cite="EdJames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just ran Darby (92) versus Fenix (81). Got a 76 rating with the only penalty being for a lack of psychology, despite both having a 73 psych rating. So I'm getting a 10 point swing on rating, for (actually not that) bad psychology.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is that really the only penalty you are getting in the dirt sheet? Not every penalty shows up on the main page you have to check the dirt sheet for every little penalty they are getting. Also I don't seem to have these problems with C-Verse I feel like most of these issues turn up in real world mods cause the stats are poorly balanced for the way the game works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EdJames" data-cite="EdJames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just ran Darby (92) versus Fenix (81). Got a 76 rating with the only penalty being for a lack of psychology, despite both having a 73 psych rating. So I'm getting a 10 point swing on rating, for (actually not that) bad psychology.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So you think you're losing 10 points because you booked one match that didn't rate what you thought it should? Okay.</p><p> </p><p> And I think Apupunchau is right to an extent. I'm not having any of those problems with C-Verse saves. I'm slow building matches where only ONE worker has high psychology and not getting dinged. Of course, I don't call those in the ring either, I just have the stronger worker lead the weaker one through the match.</p>

<p>The other thing that goes into match rating that you're missing entirely here is popularity. Namely the pop vs perf equation of your product.</p><p> </p><p>

If you're company is 60-40 pop vs perf for example, and both your guys got a 100 performance rating - that would only account for 60% of the overall match rating. The other 40% would be based on their pop in the region where the match took place.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50110" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The other thing that goes into match rating that you're missing entirely here is popularity. Namely the pop vs perf equation of your product.<p> </p><p> If you're company is 60-40 pop vs perf for example, and both your guys got a 100 performance rating - that would only account for 60% of the overall match rating. The other 40% would be based on their pop in the region where the match took place.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is this true? I always thought the performance rating was already based on the mix of pop/performance. (Mainly because as my RTG guy's pop has skyrocketed his performance ratings have improved massively, going from 17 average to 53 average in 3 months; his pop has improved from 17 to 70 in that time but his skills haven't shifted much.)</p>

If you check your company's product screen, it explains the ratios for your specific product, but it says it will calculate between say 40-60 or 60-40 whichever yields the higher rating. Regardless, it shows that pop and performance will always both be a factor in the final match rating.

The in-game handbook discusses segment ratings (matches or angles) could have in some cases up to 100 different factors in the final rating, so it's kind of difficult to pinpoint on cause for a match or angle not performing as one might expect.

It's a 40:60 / 55:45 match ratio.

All the wrestlers I mentioned have between 70-75 popularity across the US.

Those are only 2 of possibly up to 100 factors in the final match rating per the in-game handbook section on ratings.