How do you book your Season Finale's?

Just asking for advice I guess, or looking for inspiration. When I was a lad, and watched wrestling frequently, they didn't have "Finale's", it wasn't treated as a TV show, it was treated as a "sports show".

So, how do you book your season finale's? Do you have year long stories that all come to an end at the same event? Is it just a handful of top stories that end? Do you have something else in mind for your finale's?

I've never treated an event as a Finale, I just tend to have a bigger event ala Wrestlemania.

What benefits do I get in game to having one? I get the note in my office saying I don't have one planned. Seeing that note just makes me feel I HAVE to have one. (Even though the note is not red).

<p>WrestleMania is a season finale. It’s just that WWE doesn’t have an off-season. But it’s GENERALLY where the big storylines build to and where most things tend to wrap up. Then after mania you tend to see a lot of new characters/debuts and often there’ll be a shake up as well. </p><p> </p><p>

Any show that is classified as a season finale in game will see a boost to attendance/viewership and your workers will work harder, but there’s also a higher expectation from the fans and most, of not all your workers seem to expect a pay day, as it is meant to be where everything wraps up. It’s not necessary to have one, but I can be very useful if you’re confident you can deliver a better show than normal.</p>

<p>To add on to what Shawn_Waters said...</p><p> </p><p>

WrestleMania is absolutely a season finale. Not all storylines end there but it's where the major matches go down. It's where all the part timers come out. It's where the set is larger than any other show. Occasionally there's a live band. There's fantastic entrances. Far more celebrities than at a normal PPV. etc etc</p><p> </p><p>

Essentially, it's your biggest show of the year. With that, expectations are significantly higher, so you want to ensure your top match(es) will deliver. I'd recommend testing for chemistry in house show matches for your top matches. Likewise, it's meant as a closing moment for some talent and storylines. You're next major show, TV, PPV or otherwise, you'll want to bring in your new talents to set up your next year's worth of programs. You'll want to get rid of dead weight.</p><p> </p><p>

All in all, think of it as the biggest show of the year. It's not a season finale in TV terms, as there's no season in wrestling (unless your Lucha Underground) but it is meant to be the best show with the most stuff going on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50134" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To add on to what Shawn_Waters said...<p> </p><p> WrestleMania is absolutely a season finale. Not all storylines end there but it's where the major matches go down. It's where all the part timers come out. It's where the set is larger than any other show. Occasionally there's a live band. There's fantastic entrances. Far more celebrities than at a normal PPV. etc etc</p><p> </p><p> Essentially, it's your biggest show of the year. With that, expectations are significantly higher, so you want to ensure your top match(es) will deliver. I'd recommend testing for chemistry in house show matches for your top matches. Likewise, it's meant as a closing moment for some talent and storylines. You're next major show, TV, PPV or otherwise, you'll want to bring in your new talents to set up your next year's worth of programs. You'll want to get rid of dead weight.</p><p> </p><p> All in all, think of it as the biggest show of the year. It's not a season finale in TV terms, as there's no season in wrestling (unless your Lucha Underground) but it is meant to be the best show with the most stuff going on.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like this answer. To me "Season Finale" still sounds a little "TV Drama-ish".</p><p> I mean, I get that it's the biggest show and everything, but I'd simulate that with level of band, set, celebs, etc. I will start using one, but I can bring in new talent, get rid of deadwood anytime of the year........</p>

What the game calls a "season finale" is just the biggest show of the year. Starcade, Wrestlemania, Battle of the Belts, etc. I'll blow off my top feuds, continue the others, and maybe start a new one. Big gimmick matches...like Hell in a Cell, Wargames, that sort of thing. Probably a major title change, possibly a turn. I don't hold anything back other than making sure I keep enough storylines active to meet whatever my product requires for the next show.

Just asking for advice I guess, or looking for inspiration. When I was a lad, and watched wrestling frequently, they didn't have "Finale's", it wasn't treated as a TV show, it was treated as a "sports show".

So, how do you book your season finale's? Do you have year long stories that all come to an end at the same event? Is it just a handful of top stories that end? Do you have something else in mind for your finale's?

I've never treated an event as a Finale, I just tend to have a bigger event ala Wrestlemania.

What benefits do I get in game to having one? I get the note in my office saying I don't have one planned. Seeing that note just makes me feel I HAVE to have one. (Even though the note is not red).

All wrestling companies had "season finale" shows every year from about the early 80s onward, you just didn't realize it. Starrcade, Wrestlemania, even the AWA had SuperClash. They're blowoff points for your major storylines and wonderful waystones to book around. Want to build a 6mo program between Piper and Hogan? Book the final cage match at Mania. Want to Break up Stan and Bobby? do it at Starrcade. Once you get the rhythm for it its really an asset for you. As to what you gain out of it? Event rep. A historic show like Mania does a million PPV buys almost annually and accounts for almost 50% of the WWEs entire yearly earnings(not counting TV and Saudi money) they can carry your company if you invest the time and build to get one over. But nobody says you have to.

Its my feel good show. Most my faces go over here and a lot of feuds end. The rivalries for the past year are put on as the best card. Sure, some heels win, but faces win the most. The show always ends in a "feel good moment."

That being said, I'm working up to my first wrestlemania that will finish with a heel winning the championship. He will attack his opponent and another face (returning from injury) will make the save. They will celebrate in the ring...which will be my feel good moment.

Side note: I've always thought having a heel win the main event of a season finale should give some sort of penalty. Fans typically do not like this.

If you want some more real world examples, Bound For Glory (TNA/ Impact) and Wrestle Kingdom (NJPW) can both be argued to be the finales for their respective companies. AEW hasn't really been around long enough, but once they've got a little more time under their belt, either All Out or Double Or Nothing will probably fit into that spot.

I typically use my season finale to blow off all of my big feuds in matches that have stipulations attached to them. I also have certain angles play out on the show that will set up my future storylines moving forward after the season finale ends. I always look at it like a reset so I start fresh afterwards, rinse wash repeat.

My season finale is the PPV where my biggest feuds will conclude. THe headline will be that big match everyone wants to see. That moment we have all been waiting for. I'll also save any big changes or new feuds for then as well. So if we've got a big face or heel turn planned, or something happening it happens then. I just see the season finale as the time for the big things to happen. Some feuds will carry on after it. But its kind of the big reset of the main event scene in my company.